PDA

View Full Version : Other theft in Fanabe

jandy
25-10-2015, 00:27
Just to warn people to look after their belongings, I had my handbag taken off my chair whilst having lunch in fanabe, I was sitting with my husband and friend, they did not see anything. We have lived here for 10 years and I am usually careful, but it was day time and we were in an open area. Also my friend has had 3 people on her complex in san eugenio alto who have been burgled , they left there patio doors open at night. I had my Samsung phone in my bag but not much else, if by chance anyone finds my bag or purse, could they get in touch , a long shot I know. thanks
I bought bag at market fake gucci, this picture is similar except it has a zip along front horizontally and a small one vertically,and is black.Purse is small black leather look with 2 zips, has my name and phone number on a card,

LindaD
25-10-2015, 00:32
Sorry to hear what's happened Jandy, another timely reminder for people to take care when out and about.

blondie
25-10-2015, 15:15
And so it continues , whaurs the polis !!

seanocelt
25-10-2015, 15:47
Timely indeed, we are now seeing the influx from the Med, as mainland and Balearics slow down to a stop, the thieves, burglars, scammers and muggers head to the Canaries. Everyone should take extra care now.

blondie
25-10-2015, 16:09
Yes you sense the difference between winter and summer holidays I never felt I was on my guard at all in June and August , I felt fine about walking anywhere . Its a different story in winter , I even had to stop going to a hotel we liked because it ruined my night having to walk back to it at night , its such a shame these crooks are allowed back in after they have spent the summer mugging in other resorts, the police know who they are , why is nothing ever done about it , if I can spot them why cant Immigration at the airport.

scotchmist
25-10-2015, 19:04
Aye the polis are too busy fining motorists. ;)

Ecky Thump
25-10-2015, 19:12
Timely indeed, we are now seeing the influx from the Med, as mainland and Balearics slow down to a stop, the thieves, burglars, scammers and muggers head to the Canaries. Everyone should take extra care now.

Last week at the Dialprix supermarket by the El Mirador complex, a elderly man from Birmingham had his wallet stolen, it was a English girl (about 20-25 years old, brown hair) asked him to lift a article from a top shelf and she then stole his wallet from his back pocket, he immediately knew what had happened and shouted for help, but the girl ran out of the supermarket. :-(

macdonald5
25-10-2015, 20:06
Last week at the Dialprix supermarket by the El Mirador complex, a elderly man from Birmingham had his wallet stolen, it was a English girl (about 20-25 years old, brown hair) asked him to lift a article from a top shelf and she then stole his wallet from his back pocket, he immediately knew what had happened and shouted for help, but the girl ran out of the supermarket. :-(

Yep, thieves and robbers come in all guises !! Beware ,don't trust anyone you don't know !!
Last night a chap tried to get me to look at something on his phone ....I pushed him off having no intention of him getting so close

scotchmist
26-10-2015, 07:03
Hi macdonald5 I will have to be very careful when I come over next month.

Angusjim
26-10-2015, 07:24

It would tak a very brave thief to steal money from a Scotsman/woman:scotland:

Leam_Lin
26-10-2015, 09:19

Jandy is originally from north of the border.

macdonald5
26-10-2015, 09:20

Yes it's enjoy but keep very aware !!

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

How right AJ, my hubby had to stop me giving the chap & his fone a guid Glasgow kiss,after my knee of course !!

LindaD
27-10-2015, 00:04

Well al tell yi what Angusjim I widnae be belting his puss wi drink, I wid jist be beltin it :twak:

karinagal
27-10-2015, 09:04

Indeed.....

jandy
27-10-2015, 11:10
Yes I am ,from Fife originally, and they only got 10 euros I do not carry much cash or my credit cards with me. I am really upset about my first smart phone though only got it 3 months ago, just getting used to it as well now back to old phone. After 3 hours in police station it has been reported, must say it was a long wait but police were very helpful.

jandy
30-10-2015, 23:45
Today I got a pleasant surprise my bag had been found in the grounds of Sunset beach club, a receptionist phoned me. Really pleased got my phone back, and they only took 5 euros , the other 5 euros was in change obviously who ever took the bag was only interested in money, so they dumped the bag. Next step tomorrow back to police station to let them know and then I can use my phone again.

imablue
30-10-2015, 23:50
That is great news Jandy...Phew!!

LindaD
31-10-2015, 01:17
Brilliant news Jandy, especially about your phone, how lucky was that eh!!!!

macdonald5
31-10-2015, 10:09
Smashing news Jandy, so pleased for you !!

lesbroz
31-10-2015, 15:57
Great News!! What a relief.

blondie
31-10-2015, 16:32
Wow , how lucky was that , obviously phones are too much trouble for them now . Jeezo must have been a well off thief who didn't even bother with the change.

Lissalyon
01-11-2015, 21:08
They would get all sorts if they took my bag. Phone, homeopathic remedies, crystals, essential oils, about €200 cash, three dresses, an apple, 4 dowsing pendulums, pens, hair clips,spare earrings, large orgonite butterfly ( that's crystals and metal in a resin matrix...made by me so am very proud of it.)

Strings of crystal beads,....it's a jungle in there!

Glad you got yours back.

That was a million to one chance!