PDA

View Full Version : Other The Railway Tavern at Las Palmeras PDLA

Bob_W
27-10-2015, 22:08
Hello,
Can anyone tell me if they still do the quiz here? Are they now allowed to play music during the quiz?
When we where over in June they had had a ban from playing music out on the terrace and could not put the
speakers out there even for the quiz.
Thanks Bob

imablue
27-10-2015, 23:55
In there a week last Sunday, the quiz was on but no music was played.

Bob_W
29-10-2015, 21:49
Thanks for your reply. We are over in December and hope that it will be back to the way it used to be.

imablue
29-10-2015, 21:55
It,s all red tape..i was talking to John from The Bell (next door bar) yesterday and he has been told amongst other things that to have music he needs a music licence.
So that is or i would think is the same problem for The Railway.

Bob_W
31-10-2015, 13:01
Thanks again. This is one of the things that annoys me about the local authorities. They have to make up their minds exactly what they want Tenerife to be.
It has been ok to play music etc for the past twenty years but now its not. I know that you do not go to Tenerife just to go out to bars,restaurants just to hear
music but if like myself you have been coming for over twenty years nearly 3 times a year you do get annoyed that with the impression that you are not welcome
anymore because they want a different clientele.
Anyway rant over Thanks again Bob.

seanocelt
31-10-2015, 14:56
Deffo a problem gaining momentum. Its harder getting gigs fewer venues.

blondie
31-10-2015, 16:40
Really makes me angry when you hear the racket that goes on at the zoo they call Veronicas . Everybody from the Troya , the Gala ,the Tenerife Sol and others depending on how the wind blows for the Oro Blanco and the Oro Negro have to put up with the racket until 6 am and that is ok as far as the Authorities are concerned . Its one law for one and another law for the folk who have the biggest envelopes it seems . What a joke wanting to change the clientele with a place like that that in the middle of PDLA .

seanocelt
01-11-2015, 15:04
and its who you know..........i mean look whats next to Railway and Bell ;-)

tub
01-11-2015, 22:06
excuse my ignorance but what is next door

phillip
02-11-2015, 13:04
excuse my ignorance but what is next door

The Las Palmeras Hotel, which has extended its all inclusive offering and also owns the whole block that the pubs are situated in!!

seanocelt
02-11-2015, 13:41
inlcluding a big noisy late pub