PDA

View Full Version : Other Beach Redevelopment / Motorway extension

PUDCLARKE
02-11-2015, 22:53
Hi all,

We are returning to Tenerife next July for our summer holiday after a three year absence and I have a couple of questions:

1) I think I can recall reading somewhere yonks ago that the beach area from the Arona Gran to the crazy golf course in LC was going to be redeveloped into a new sandy beach. Has anything happened on this or likely to happen or was I dreaming about it ?
2) Has the TF1 motorway extension been completed yet ? I mean the bit when you head west out of Adeje heading towards Masca. It seemed to be nearly complete back in 2013 but then again there wasn't exactly a lot of activity workwise on it.
Thanks

marbro8
02-11-2015, 23:02
someone posted earlier that there has been a delivery of orange sunbeds and brollies to that area so maybe:) as to the motorway i don't know?

garlicbread
02-11-2015, 23:07
Can't answer the question about Los Cristianos beach, not my scene. As for the motorway completion, you have to give 'em time, after all you need to be careful when you're spending €700 million of European money............no it is not finished, well past a joke now.

imablue
02-11-2015, 23:17
Not a clue as to what has gone on (if anything has) on that stretch of beach .
As for the extension to the Motorway TF1 the work is still on going ,the Atalaya flyover is as far as it goes upto now that is Adeje,, though beyond Barranco Vera de Erques the road is open to traffic and as far as i know that takes you to Santiago Del Teide.
This is Tenerife and stories abound every other day about when/ where the next stretch will be open.
As an aside to what i have posted... some road markings,sign posting and crash barriers have been noted in and around the Atalaya flyover of late ...Progress at a snails pace ...:whistle:

LindaD
03-11-2015, 00:56
Well I am 59 years old today,having lived here for over 10 years,if the motorway around the island, the beach by the Arona Gran,the Hospital Sur,the Railway line from North to South,the F1 circuit in Granadilla,the prepossed complex in Guimar,plus all the other great ideas this island has, happen before I am 70 I will be impressed!!!!!

So don't hold,your breath then!!!!!! Happy Birthday by the way :tiphat:

imablue
18-12-2015, 15:35
Well would you believe it ?
The T F 1 extension is open that is, after Atalaya Flyover (Adeje) and onwards towards Santiago Del Teide.
For those of us that live in the areas of Los Menores,Taucho,Tijoco Bajo and Tijoco Alto to name a few places, you need to exit at the Atalaya Flyover/Roundabout otherwise your next exit is Vera de Erques.

Ecky Thump
18-12-2015, 15:50
Not a clue as to what has gone on (if anything has) on that stretch of beach .
As for the extension to the Motorway TF1 the work is still on going ,the Atalaya flyover is as far as it goes upto now that is Adeje,, though beyond Barranco Vera de Erques the road is open to traffic and as far as i know that takes you to Santiago Del Teide.
This is Tenerife and stories abound every other day about when/ where the next stretch will be open.
As an aside to what i have posted... some road markings,sign posting and crash barriers have been noted in and around the Atalaya flyover of late ...progress at a snails pace ...:whistle:

So they won't be needing the "crash barriers" then! :D

imablue
18-12-2015, 21:11
Crap as in rough or what ...?
Living up this way the only routes down are very long and winding roads ...( song in there somewhere )
Not a problem for us local yokels ..:wave:

shaun kelly
20-12-2015, 21:45
Is there a turnoff for Playa San Juan ?

imablue
20-12-2015, 22:55
There is a turn off that goes through Piedra Hincada.... which takes you down to the road by Agua Dulce Garden Centre that in turn takes you to Playa San Juan