PDA

View Full Version : Other coronation street tour

marbro8
06-11-2015, 23:22
we have booked the coronation street tour for the 29th december. staying at the jurys inn.we will set off about 10.00 am from the midlands. checking in about 2.00 pm. our tour starts at about 19.30pm. so was thinking of doing a bit of shopping down bury new road :laugh:. then after the tour a few beers and either a chinese or indian? anyone got any tips for parking or restaurants

LindaD
07-11-2015, 01:21
we have booked the coronation street tour for the 29th december. staying at the jurys inn.we will set off about 10.00 am from the midlands. checking in about 2.00 pm. our tour starts at about 19.30pm. so was thinking of doing a bit of shopping down bury new road :laugh:. then after the tour a few beers and either a chinese or indian? anyone got any tips for parking or restaurants

Can't help you with your query Marbro but hope you have a good time. Do you get a pint in the Rovers:D

trevorife2
07-11-2015, 08:49
Cant you have a ruby at nicks bistro , surely he doesn't mind you parking outside if you spend a few quid ???

Angusjim
07-11-2015, 08:56

You need help mate:lol::lol:

TOTO 99
07-11-2015, 08:58
If you wanna be really clever you could book your car in with Tyrone for a service (free parking) and then straight into Roys Rolls for some authentic northern cuisine......:laugh:

trevorife2
07-11-2015, 11:33
I heard there is free parking on the red rec ??? Then get streetcars to whisk you to the corner shop for a pot noodle and quavers ???

Malteser Monkey
07-11-2015, 11:37

If you wanna be really clever you could book your car in with Tyrone for a service (free parking) and then straight into Roys Rolls for some authentic northern cuisine......:laugh:

You got your gender signs mixed up you 2 !

You know too much:whistle:

TOTO 99
07-11-2015, 11:53
You got your gender signs mixed up you 2 !

You know too much:whistle:

Sad but true......lol...

I honestly don't watch it. It's on a bit late.....:laugh:

Malteser Monkey
07-11-2015, 12:17
Sad but true......lol...

What ? getting your gender signs mixed:laugh:

Tshirt
07-11-2015, 12:20

Marbs, I don't think there's much in the way of shopping on Bury New rd these day's. The main shopping area is the Arndale Centre / Market St part of the city centre, more upmarket shops on King St. Don't forget that the sales will be on then and Manchester is normally bursting at seams at that time of year. As for parking forget it, get parked up at the Hotel and either use public transport or taxi. They have frequent free city centre circular buses, http://www.tfgm.com/buses/Pages/metroshuttle.aspx

As for eating, I suggest visiting the Printworks where there is a good choice. http://www.theprintworks.com/eat__and__drink/oriental/

My lad swears by this place http://www.theprintworks.com/eat__and__drink/multi-cuisine_buffet/

TOTO 99
07-11-2015, 12:22
What ? getting your gender signs mixed:laugh:

This is Corrie we're talking about, not Strictly...:dancing:

Malteser Monkey
07-11-2015, 13:15
This is Corrie we're talking about, not Strictly...:dancing:

bet you're watching that - it's on slightly earlier:laugh:

TOTO 99
07-11-2015, 13:36
bet you're watching that - it's on slightly earlier:laugh:

No Way.....No proper bloke would watch that.......

Angusjim
07-11-2015, 13:39
No Way.....No proper bloke would watch that.......

Thats no true Marbro does:crylaughing:

TOTO 99
07-11-2015, 13:40
Thats no true Marbro does:crylaughing:

I'm surprised he's not in it...:laugh:

Angusjim
07-11-2015, 13:45
I'm surprised he's not in it...:laugh:

Family day out for Marbro https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fW8amMCVAJQ :laugh:

marbro8
07-11-2015, 18:58
Marbs, I don't think there's much in the way of shopping on Bury New rd these day's. The main shopping area is the Arndale Centre / Market St part of the city centre, more upmarket shops on King St. Don't forget that the sales will be on then and Manchester is normally bursting at seams at that time of year. As for parking forget it, get parked up at the Hotel and either use public transport or taxi. They have frequent free city centre circular buses, http://www.tfgm.com/buses/Pages/metroshuttle.aspx

As for eating, I suggest visiting the Printworks where there is a good choice. http://www.theprintworks.com/eat__and__drink/oriental/

My lad swears by this place http://www.theprintworks.com/eat__and__drink/multi-cuisine_buffet/thanks ted. at last a sensible reply:wink::lol:

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Family day out for Marbro https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fW8amMCVAJQ :laugh:where can i get directions?:lol:

Thats no true Marbro does:crylaughing:i don't have time in between the cooking cleaning and ironing:lol:

Sad but true......lol...

I honestly don't watch it. It's on a bit late.....:laugh:either that or you can see 2 screens:laugh:

I'm surprised he's not in it...:laugh:talking about that. ask Ecky Thump about my painted toenails:ashamed::lol:

Bob_W
07-11-2015, 19:07
Hi, we done the tour back in October and it was really good. We stayed at the Travelodge Piccadilly gardens and got to Corrie by taxi. The name of the company
was Streetcars ( honest ) they are very good and will pick you back up as well. I would def recommend them. 0161 228 7878.
I cant really say much about the food but there is a Chinatown not far from Piccadilly gardens where there is lots and lots of Chinese.
One place to definitely never ever ever ever go to for food is The Piccadilly garden .
Have a great time.
Cheers Bob.

marbro8
07-11-2015, 19:10
Hi, we done the tour back in October and it was really good. We stayed at the Travelodge Piccadilly gardens and got to Corrie by taxi. The name of the company
was Streetcars ( honest ) they are very good and will pick you back up as well. I would def recommend them. 0161 228 7878.
I cant really say much about the food but there is a Chinatown not far from Piccadilly gardens where there is lots and lots of Chinese.
One place to definitely never ever ever ever go to for food is The Piccadilly garden .
Have a great time.
Cheers Bob.thanks bob. we went to chinatown in london a few months ago. we walked around for about an hour deciding which restaurant to go to. then picked the worst:doh::lol:

Medman
09-11-2015, 13:18

Is it the new or old set ? marbro8

marbro8
09-11-2015, 19:34
Is it the new or old set ? marbro8the old one mate. thought we would go round before they knock it down after xmas:wink:

Medman
09-11-2015, 23:48
the old one mate. thought we would go round before they knock it down after xmas:wink:

Cheers Mark. I had heard they were knocking it down. Went there years ago, when they still did the tours. Box ticked .. :laugh: