PDA

View Full Version : Other Facebook Pages re Tenerife.

essexeddie
08-11-2015, 16:22
What is it with these Facebook Tenerife forums. That's the third one I have been barred from. All I did was post my article on the restaurant El Sol? Makes you wonder what interests some of these forums have.
I don't normally upset people. I think.

Ecky Thump
08-11-2015, 16:52
What is it with these Facebook Tenerife forums. That's the third one I have been barred from. All I did was post my article on the restaurant El Sol? Makes you wonder what interests some of these forums have.
I don't normally upset people...I think..

We are just more tolerant towards you! :D

Was the article that you did on the El Sol Restaurant a favourable one???

blondie
08-11-2015, 16:55
On the I love Tenerife facebook page folk are awfy touchy . They don't want to hear a view that differs from theirs . Think you will enjoy
winding them up essexeddie . Hope they don't come on to this one with the banter between some on here , somehow don't think they would get it.

Liftman
08-11-2015, 17:47
I don't normally upset people. I think.

Which forum was it? I will join and add a little spice to their paella.

Tshirt
08-11-2015, 18:49
I'm on a couple of the FB Tenerife forums, I didn't see your post Eddie but compared with some of the sh**e on there I imagine it was quite informative.

essexeddie
08-11-2015, 18:50
We are just more tolerant towards you! :D

Was the article that you did on the El Sol Restaurant a favourable one???

No it wasn't. I put it on Tripadviser as well.

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

I've been on a few but now barred from all of them. Also my wife as well?? Don't know why.

Malteser Monkey
08-11-2015, 19:34

I've been on a few but now barred from all of them. Also my wife as well?? Don't know why.

Isn't it obvious ?? You're from Essex:D:whistle:

Sorry couldn't resist

I've not been on any of them do you have to be a member ?

trevorife2
08-11-2015, 19:38
Im on a few .. Mostly people asking exchange rate or taxi cost from airport !!!!

blondie
08-11-2015, 19:42
That's exactly it , or ,what will the weather be like 3 weeks yesterday?:duh:

TOTO 99
08-11-2015, 20:38

What?...Your wife has barred you as well Ed?...:laugh:

trevorife2
08-11-2015, 20:48
That's exactly it , or ,what will the weather be like 3 weeks yesterday?:duh:

Heard its raining in tenerife at mo ... We are over in 3 months , will it still be raining ??? Lol

tfs1
08-11-2015, 21:28
Heard its raining in tenerife at mo ... We are over in 3 months , will it still be raining ??? Lol

Dont believe everything you hear, last rain of any note in Los Cris was about 3 weeks ago. Long term forecast is dry for the next 3 months before the next tropical downpour.

Mention of a calima on its way - still hot tonight.

Malteser Monkey
08-11-2015, 21:34

http://www.canarylive24.com/#!webcam-live-playa-los-cristianos/cnaw

you can keep an eye on there here. Looks fine to me and angusjim is nae there at the mo, you're safe.:D

trevorife2
08-11-2015, 21:58
My post was tongue in cheek lol lol ... I was over 2 weeks ago and it was a bit cloudy ,, back in feb

Angusjim
09-11-2015, 07:29
Dont believe everything you hear, last rain of any note in Los Cris was about 3 weeks ago. Long term forecast is dry for the next 3 months before the next tropical downpour.

Mention of a calima on its way - still hot tonight.

No it wiz it was raining last Tuesday evening we got drooked

tfs1
09-11-2015, 10:19
No it wiz it was raining last Tuesday evening we got drooked

Must be my short term memory loss ! I recall a very light shower where we were but nothing of note, of course if you were in it it is a different matter.

Our neighbour in Spain tells me we had 4.5 inches of rain last Monday - now thats what I call rain !

LUCKY
09-11-2015, 11:56
When i was last in Tenerife it was cloudy the whole 10 days i have now booked the last 2 weeks in February instead of the first 2 weeks in March as the people said it was very nice weather before we got there last year. Will the Euro rate be the same .:drinking:

lynno52
09-11-2015, 11:59
When i was last in Tenerife it was cloudy the whole 10 days i have now booked the last 2 weeks in February instead of the first 2 weeks in March as the people said it was very nice weather before we got there last year. Will the Euro rate be the same .:drinking:

:crylaughing::crylaughing:

09-11-2015, 12:32
My personal opinion (and not that of this Forum) is that there are a clique of regular posters who turn most threads into a joke where they all join in, they obviously think they are being funny, clever or whatever but maybe, just maybe , that is why so many old members have deserted and now just use Facebook as their source of information about Tenerife. This Forum does have a Facebook page and the link is here https://www.facebook.com/groups/tenerifeforum/?fref=ts but you can access it directly from this Forum by using the "useful links" tab at the top of the page. You will note that I have changed the title of this thread which now more accurately reflects the up to date situation.

Malteser Monkey
09-11-2015, 12:46
Ahhh but a lot of forums seem very quiet say for the last year, maybe more, ones that I have looked in on.

I think we are lucky on here that we do have the banter that goes on or this place may have closed - obv just my opinion.

thing is people lose interest if it's not your cuppa Rosie then that's it ! You move on and look for what is.

I think this forum is holding up well - the only problem I see is the newcomers that want advice on moving to Tenerife - the majority of their questions have been answered time and time again so old forum members are maybe reluctant to post.

It would be better that they researched first.

We have contributed seriously on many threads and being thanked for our valued input.:spin:

TOTO 99
09-11-2015, 12:55
I think you'll find that the so called "clique" of posters is actually made up of pretty much the only posters. :tiphat:

Angusjim
09-11-2015, 12:58
My personal opinion (and not that of this Forum) is that there are a clique of regular posters who turn most threads into a joke where they all join in, they obviously think they are being funny, clever or whatever but maybe, just maybe , that is why so many old members have deserted and now just use Facebook as their source of information about Tenerife. This Forum does have a Facebook page and the link is here https://www.facebook.com/groups/tenerifeforum/?fref=ts but you can access it directly from this Forum by using the "useful links" tab at the top of the page. You will note that I have changed the title of this thread which now more accurately reflects the up to date situation.

Can you back up your "personal opinion" with facts as to how many old members have deserted the Forum due to the banter, if you can provide these facts I will stop posting banter immediately as I do want to see the Forum flourish, but if its going to turn into Facebook by another name I will stop posting all together.Maybe all members of the "clique" should stop posting for say 6 weeks and see how many of the old members return.This is my personal opinion and may not reflect the thoughts of " the clique " which I think I am member of ? maybe you could print a list of this clique so we are all clear about who you are speaking about.:tiphat:

Medman
09-11-2015, 13:01
Can you back up your "personal opinion" with facts as to how many old members have deserted the Forum due to the banter, if you can provide these facts I will stop posting banter immediately as I do want to see the Forum flourish, but if its going to turn into Facebook by another name I will stop posting all together.Maybe all members of the "clique" should stop posting for say 6 weeks and see how many of the old members return.This is my personal opinion and may not reflect the thoughts of " the clique " which I think I am member of ? maybe you could print a list of this clique so we are all clear about who you are speaking about.:tiphat:

Hope they spell our names correctly ..... oo mair banter, whit um a like ??!!

Angusjim
09-11-2015, 13:03

Well said Madman

TOTO 99
09-11-2015, 13:07

I've a feeling in some people's eyes, all our names start with "W".....:laugh:

Medman
09-11-2015, 13:12
I've a feeling in some people's eyes, all our names start with "W".....:laugh:

Wonderful Medman ??

Malteser Monkey
09-11-2015, 15:35
As just mentioned by another member - Regulars ! I like that term - we are Regulars !!

well some more than others :crylaughing:

Depends on your age:laugh:

LUCKY
09-11-2015, 16:32
As just mentioned by another member - Regulars ! I like that term - we are Regulars !!

well some more than others :crylaughing:

Depends on your age:laugh:

I have changed my Avatar as i am regular :flatcap::feret::feret::feret::feret:

kingbaker
09-11-2015, 16:42
I'm a porridge person myself....keeps me REGULAR:crylaughing::crylaughing:

TOTO 99
09-11-2015, 16:45
I have changed my Avatar as i am regular :flatcap::feret::feret::feret::feret:

I like the fact that it says the word " Crackers " on it.......:laugh:

LUCKY
09-11-2015, 16:46
I like the fact that it says the word " Crackers " on it.......:laugh:

It does what it says on the tin ................................ :flatcap:

essexeddie
09-11-2015, 18:32
Lets see how long I last on therei.

Lets see how long I last on there.

tub
09-11-2015, 21:33
we went to lanzarote for the first time in october and i joined their forum before hand its not a patch on this one not much help and no humour

Malteser Monkey
09-11-2015, 21:37
we went to lanzarote for the first time in october and i joined their forum before hand its not a patch on this one not much help and no humour

Noone's on that I went on looking for a friend and nada, tried a few times.

Doesn't even seem to be any regulars

TOTO 99
09-11-2015, 22:05
Noone's on that I went on looking for a friend and nada, tried a few times.

Doesn't even seem to be any regulars

Is that the famous Peter Noone out of Hermans Hermits?....Or did you really mean "no one"?....:laugh:.........Trust me mate it's one of those that gets me every time so you're not alone.....................Altogether now...:guitar1:"Somethin' tells me I'm into somethin' good"..

Malteser Monkey
10-11-2015, 11:29
Is that the famous Peter Noone out of Hermans Hermits?....Or did you really mean "no one"?....:laugh:.........Trust me mate it's one of those that gets me every time so you're not alone.....................Altogether now...:guitar1:"Somethin' tells me I'm into somethin' good"..

Was it a drinking night last night ?:crazy:

Accident on the A55 this morning ! only just in