PDA

View Full Version : Teide: Through bus journey // baggage storage

AndyAndy
14-11-2015, 23:33
Hi all!

I am planning my family holiday and need help from someone who is familiar with tourist infrastructure at Teide. I've been there already but don't remember details.

We'll spend the first part of our holiday around Puerto de la Cruz and the second part around Los Christianos. So my idea is to see the Teide region on the day we'll move from the north to the south.

As we'll carry some luggage (backpacks or trolley cases) and my family are lazy sightseers, we'd just enjoy the landscape without ascending Teide's peak by teleferico and spending too much time in the middle of nowhere.

The problem is that we'll be dependent on public transportation. Generally it is possible to transfer at Teide between lines 348 and 342. Both leave the coast in the morning and meet at about 10:30 at the Parador hotel or Teleferico station. However according to the timetable there are no return rides before 15:30.

My first question is: Is there really no earlier bus from Teide back to the coast ? (If not, what the hell drivers and coaches do for five hours at Teide?)

And my second question: are there baggage storage facilities at the Teleferico station or at the Parador hotel? Or somewhere else?

Thx in advance

Andy

canarybird
15-11-2015, 13:34
Sorry I can't answer your questions about the bus times or storage facilities up at the Parador or teleferico, but as no one has answered you yet, I can only suggest that trying to see the Teide landscape while lugging around trolley cases and backpacks could be a real nuisance and it might be much more comfortable to go direct to the south, dump your stuff, check in to your accommodation and make the sightseeing trip up Teide on another day.

You will probably want to walk around a little up there and take some photos, even if you are lazy sightseers. Pulling around trolley cases would be a real hindrance.

AndyAndy
15-11-2015, 13:40
Canarybird, pulling the luggage is exactly what I want to avoid, this is why I am asking questions.

canarybird
15-11-2015, 13:55
Perhaps you could call or email the Parador to see if they will store your luggage without being an overnight guest.

Phone: +34 922386415
fax: +34 922382352
canadas@parador.es

AndyAndy
15-11-2015, 14:03
Canarybird, good idea, thx!