PDA

View Full Version : Long Term Rental A roof, a bed, access to the cooker...

Craig Ross
18-11-2015, 19:50
If, er, "someone" had low expectations and was basically looking to put a roof over their head for six months - say Oct to March - what kind of money are we talking about? Say you lodged with a retired person who was looking for a bit of extra money. You share the kitchen, rent a bedroom and all the furniture looks as if it comes from a museum. What kind of dough are we talking about?

I don't mind where i live so long as it's reasonably near a Lidl or similar. Write, read, bike, feed, sleep pretty much covers my expectations. My teacher's pension doesn't kick in for a few years, but if I was a frugal Dougal I could head to the sun now. Could anyone give me some ballpark figures for basic shelter for a bookworm cyclist who really doesn't care what the place looks like so long as it isn't noisy at night?

Cheers.

Tony the Welder
19-11-2015, 09:03
200euro should cover what you need if there is any available try nearer the time

Craig Ross
19-11-2015, 10:09
200euro should cover what you need if there is any available try nearer the time

Cheers. I was hoping that would be the answer. Given the cost of flights, and the kind of food that Europeans like to eat, Tenerife might be "nearer" Thailand than you'd think, with a better climate and less in the way of a daredevil attitude required to ride a bike :laugh: