PDA

View Full Version : Property What's the Sotavento development like near El Medano?

Iainm1
19-11-2015, 14:51
I am considering purchasing a property in the Sotavento development near El Medano. Anyone on here live there or know anything about it? I'd welcome any information on the development and activities in the area that I could join in. Thanks

bennoa1
19-11-2015, 18:26
How near the centre is it. I've been about 50 times so know bits. Lovely beach and Canarian atmosphere not spoilt by too many tourists. The web cam makes it look fairly quiet at night bit may be everyone is in bars?
http://www.skylinewebcams.com/es/webcam/espana/canarias/santa-cruz-de-tenerife/playa-los-cristianos.html
Can get very windy but I like that a it doesn't feel as hot, but if you don't like sand blowing then it come become a problem, but this is generally only on the prom.
My fave place is El Timon (upstairs) where you can just chill with a Dorada Especial - service in their isn't the best though so I tend to go to the bar. Nice tapas in there too.

imablue
19-11-2015, 21:02
Sotavento Complex is about a 5 minute drive from El Medano and maybe about the same going the other way towards Los Abrigos
It for me is in the middle of nowhere, not knocking that, it really depends on what you want from a property here and what you intend to do with it.
Car an essential ,it is on a bus route, very windy at times of the year, not much else in the immediate area.

bennoa1
19-11-2015, 21:42
I know the road its on and agree entirely with being in the middle of the two towns. Always seemed a bit rough along there but maybe i'm being snobby. I'd either look near the centre of either El Medano or Los Abrigos unless you want to be out the way a bit.

Margaretta
19-11-2015, 23:52
A huge supermarket and restaurant complex is almost finished there. There is a new, wonderful play area for children. The beach is my favourite on the island. Little bars: Chiringuita and the fabulously crazy Pirata bar are there plus horse-riding.
Yes, there are warm winds and your washing may be a bit sandy at times but...that beach night and morning is stunning. I know of someone who lives there so could try to put you in contact Bennoa. By the way, the buses are very reliable too.

Iainm1
20-11-2015, 00:12
Margaretta - thanks for the information. You seem more positive about the place than others. I would be interested in hearing from the person who lives there to find out what the community is like. Thanks again for taking the time to respond.

bennoa1
20-11-2015, 17:23
A huge supermarket and restaurant complex is almost finished there. There is a new, wonderful play area for children. The beach is my favourite on the island. Little bars: Chiringuita and the fabulously crazy Pirata bar are there plus horse-riding.
Yes, there are warm winds and your washing may be a bit sandy at times but...that beach night and morning is stunning. I know of someone who lives there so could try to put you in contact Bennoa. By the way, the buses are very reliable too.

I'm over in a few weeks so will go and have a look. Last time I drove between Medano and Abrigos it didn't look very well populated and was just a lot of unfinished buildings and scrub. Horses aren't my thing. I know people out there but not in that area but thanks for the offer - I'll skip for now.