PDA

View Full Version : Internet Any 4G flatrate providers in Tenerife?

mlun
02-12-2015, 12:46
Our Movistar ADSL sucks (8GB up and 0,5GB down), and we cannot get a reliable quality so that IP-telephony is usable (long delays and packet loss). Have therefore thought about 4G if this is possible to get in a decent bandwidth and at an affordable price with a router. We live in the topmost floor (6th) in Puerto de la Cruz with excellent views 360 degrees. So locationwise we should be in an ideal place.

JaBBa
02-12-2015, 17:39
4G is expensive but the quality is brilliant, pm me i will send you details....

mlun
02-12-2015, 19:09
Just came across this: http://orange-empresas.es/internet-4g/4g-en-tu-negocio and http://orange-empresas.es/internet-4g/4g-en-tu-oficina

Seems like a perfect solution - and cheap! Anyones got experiences to share?

JaBBa
02-12-2015, 20:43
Only 60gig limit, not alot when using it for television....

mlun
02-12-2015, 22:19
Only 60gig limit, not alot when using it for television....

Hrm - what does you offer then? The details you posted me was not very detailed regarding anything except prices :)

JaBBa
03-12-2015, 11:29
Hrm - what does you offer then? The details you posted me was not very detailed regarding anything except prices :)

Hrm...Unlimited

mlun
03-12-2015, 13:35
So now I found the most likely cheapest 4G offer in Tenerife :bowdown::spin::tongue::jumping::wave: They use the network of Orange, but the price is only the half!! http://tiendaonline2.amena.com/tarifas/internet-4g. Full 4G coverage in Puerto, El Sur and S/C
Amena: 100GB + 5GB and only 26,48 € in Canarias. Can u beat that JaBBa :lol:
Orange: 60GB and 52,95 €

JaBBa
03-12-2015, 13:58
Unlimited = 55€ per mth, no brainer

mlun
03-12-2015, 14:30
Unlimited = 55€ per mth, no brainer

Amena's product is actually also unlimited - speed just drops to 256kB/s when target exceeded. Monthly price 48% of yours, not to speak of a substantially larger price difference for the router. No, for normal people Amena is the no-brainer.
Your product is still somewhat unclear to me. Speed, type of router, contract period, IVA etc. are all black boxes to me at the moment.

JaBBa
03-12-2015, 15:01
Up to 60mbs in 4g area, 30mbs in 3g area, Huawei Router, No contract, IVA included....No capped speeds

visata
22-12-2015, 14:40
Up to 60mbs in 4g area, 30mbs in 3g area, Huawei Router, No contract, IVA included....No capped speeds

JaBBa which network do you use? Is there any trial? How do I order?

I used airfibre for a while but speeds were terrible, sometimes it barely worked. Not sure how situation is now.

JaBBa
27-12-2015, 18:48

I used airfibre for a while but speeds were terrible, sometimes it barely worked. Not sure how situation is now.

4G suspended for the time being, due to recent price hikes....

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

4G suspended for the time being, due to recent price hikes....

visata
30-12-2015, 11:12
It's very unfortunate that Jabba can't provide his service anymore, it sounded like a good deal to me. Do you expect to resume it?

I checked amena deal which someone mentioned, it's pretty appealing but when I tried to complete their checkout steps, they asked to provide a bank account number which I believe should be in Spain (based on the format). I don't have a bank account in Spain. Additionally, you have to buy a router from them for 60 eur. Also not sure whether there are min stay contract in place...

Are there any other wireless internet alternatives? My apartment doesn't have a phone line and I need internet for 3 months.