PDA

View Full Version : Restaurant racket*being toned down

Canarian Weekly
04-12-2015, 12:10
IT must have happened to many of you at some time: you arrange to go out for a meal in a popular restaurant with friends who have flown over for a visit, and you’re excited. But as the room fills up and the din increases, you can hardly hear a word being spoken, and you’re […]

More... (http://www.canarianweekly.com/restaurant-racket-being-toned/)

04-12-2015, 18:01
What a load of nonsense:whistle:
To blame the noise in an establishment on the materials of construction is so wide of the mark, it's unbelievable. The noise pollution occurs frequently if not constantly in restaurants popular with "locals". Having lived in Tenerife for over 12 years it is obvious that most Canarians are incapable of holding a quiet conversation, no matter where the location. I was in the waiting room of the radiology department at Hospital Sur El Mojon on Wednesday morning of this week and for a good three minutes the noise being made by three locals merely having a conversation was unbearable. I did stick my fingers in both ears but sadly it made not one iota of difference. It's a Canarian/Spanish trait which will only be solved by educating the loud mouths. Noise pollution of this kind is seldom heard in other parts of Europe.

Ecky Thump
04-12-2015, 20:04
What a load of nonsense:whistle:
To blame the noise in an establishment on the materials of construction is so wide of the mark, it's unbelievable. The noise pollution occurs frequently if not constantly in restaurants popular with "locals". Having lived in Tenerife for over 12 years it is obvious that most Canarians are incapable of holding a quiet conversation, no matter where the location. I was in the waiting room of the radiology department at Hospital Sur El Mojon on Wednesday morning of this week and for a good three minutes the noise being made by three locals merely having a conversation was unbearable. I did stick my fingers in both ears but sadly it made not one iota of difference. It's a Canarian/Spanish trait which will only be solved by educating the loud mouths. Noise pollution of this kind is seldom heard in other parts of Europe..

You've obviously never heard two or three "Glaswegian Hairies" on a Friday night when their blootered!:D

essexeddie
04-12-2015, 21:09
I agree the Spanish are very noisy. Why do they seem fit to have loud music in most eateries is beyond me. Who wants to shout over a meal.

Ecky Thump
04-12-2015, 21:17
I agree the Spanish are very noisy. Why do they seem fit to have loud music in most eateries is beyond me. Who wants to shout over a meal.

You've just got to face it Eddy...we are getting a wee bit older and the younger generation(s) like a livelier atmosphere.

essexeddie
05-12-2015, 10:28
You've just got to face it Eddy...we are getting a wee bit older and the younger generation(s) like a livelier atmosphere.

Your probably right. Mind you most youngsters don't talk at the table, too busy txting.