PDA

View Full Version : Other Postage rates to UK

wildwally
04-12-2015, 12:22
What is the correct postage from Tenerife to UK for cards and letters etc.
The local mini mart sells us stamps marked turismo for 90c each but some of the cards we send never seem to arrive.

imablue
04-12-2015, 19:34
Always when posting to the UK i have paid the rate asked for (it is now 90c) never had a problem.
But i tend to use the same post box , whether that,s out of habit or coincidence i don,t know.

imablue
04-12-2015, 20:38
Spanish Style sell Correos official stamps....

jeste747
05-12-2015, 10:26
I went to the post office yesterday with three cards two small ones 90cents each and one slightly bigger 1.48 cents, the bigger card was probably 6in by 4in.

wildwally
05-12-2015, 12:37
Those are not official Correos stamps. They are basically for postcards and they are collected and mailed by a private company using a box where you bought them. Who knows when, if ever, they are picked up. You can buy stamps in the official post office but because the postage rate is dependant on the size and weight of the item you are sending unless you send exactly the same thing every time you might have problems.
Although it's a complete PITA if you want your mail to have a chance of getting to its destination go to the Correos wherever you live. They will check the size and weight and charge you accordingly.

That's odd. The mini mart where we buy the stamps has a Correos posting box and that's where we post them.

Liftman
05-12-2015, 23:13
"Swiss Post" is the rip off one. it took 16 weeks for some of our cards to make it back to the UK.
Just go to the correos.