PDA

View Full Version : Other Do Brita water filter jugs work on Tenerife water?

norjac
09-12-2015, 20:32
Does anyone know if these jugs work on the water in Tenerife, or are they only suitable for the Uk.

imablue
09-12-2015, 20:52
Brita Jugs work fine...
We had Kenwood and they where fine too.
Adeje water is fine straight from the tap.

norjac
09-12-2015, 21:09
Hi thanks for your reply. We are in Cristianos which is Arona and have been told that the filter jugs don't remove the heavy metals from the water and these could be a danger to your general health. However we have used a jug for a few years without any adverse effects, but have now switched to bottled to be on the safe side. Would be interested to know any one else's opinion.

essexeddie
09-12-2015, 22:28
We use a jug and have done so for about twelve years now. Not into Heavy Metal myself more of a Northern Sole person.

imablue
09-12-2015, 22:41
Would that include ......Wet Wet Wet...:hello:

norjac
09-12-2015, 22:42
We use a jug and have done so for about twelve years now. Not into Heavy Metal myself more of a Northern Sole person.

Please don't hi-Jack this post and turn it into a joke. I feel this is a serious issue, which could affect people's health. We have had a price to fit an under sink water filter with 3 filters in which works out very expensive. So Really want to know if filter jugs remove anything at all or are we kidding ourselves.

cressrt
10-12-2015, 08:50
The people who come around to demonstrate "their" systems use this type of scare factor, if you want you can easily install the same type of 3 filter osmosis system yourself, the units can be bought for around €100 sometimes less.

Ecky Thump
10-12-2015, 09:12
We use a jug and have done so for about twelve years now.

Not into Heavy Metal myself more of a Northern Sole person.

Have the management of Victoria Court considered installing a water purifier, El Mirador has had one now for at least three years and is very popular with the residents.

Northern Soul???.....I would have thought that you were more a Kylie Minogue person!:lol:

norjac
10-12-2015, 09:21
So does anyone know if a filter jug does anything or nothing at all ? When I go back to th Uk I will contact Brita and post their reply on the Forum. I would still welcome any constructive comments or advice.

Ecky Thump
10-12-2015, 09:34
So does anyone know if a filter jug does anything or nothing at all ? When I go back to th Uk I will contact Brita and post their reply on the Forum. I would still welcome any constructive comments or advice.

I thought that people were contributing to the thread with constructive comments and help....maybe they are not the ones that interest YOU!

Below are a couple of links with all the advice that you should require.

http://www.brita.co.uk/

Brita Filter Water Analysis... Tested LIVE For pH, TDS, And ...
https://www.youtube.com › watch
Video for brita filter system, does it work

Leam_Lin
10-12-2015, 09:39

Is that with chips.

norjac
10-12-2015, 09:49
Yes they are, and I am very grateful to them, but so many posts get hi-jacked and the original post then gets forgotten. I personally think this is the reason so many people don't bother to post on the forum anymore. This is a genuine question and I welcome any useful advice and comments.

Ecky Thump
10-12-2015, 09:58
Brita Jugs work fine...
We had Kenwood and they where fine too.
Adeje water is fine straight from the tap.

The people who come around to demonstrate "their" systems use this type of scare factor, if you want you can easily install the same type of 3 filter osmosis system yourself, the units can be bought for around €100 sometimes less.

Have the management of Victoria Court considered installing a water purifier, El Mirador has had one now for at least three years and is very popular with the residents.

Northern Soul???.....I would have thought that you were more a Kylie Minogue person!:lol:

I thought that people were contributing to the thread with constructive comments and help....maybe they are not the ones that interest YOU!

Below are a couple of links with all the advice that you should require.

http://www.brita.co.uk/

Brita Filter Water Analysis... Tested LIVE For pH, TDS, And ...
https://www.youtube.com › watch
Video for brita filter system, does it work

Yes they are, and I am very grateful to them, but so many posts get hi-jacked and the original post then gets forgotten. I personally think this is the reason so many people don't bother to post on the forum anymore. This is a genuine question and I welcome any useful advice and comments.

I can clearly see that you have had mainly useful replies, with some injected humour, which is to my mind acceptable.;)

Leam_Lin
10-12-2015, 10:15
It is the festive season, Oh to be jolly & all that, lighten up.

norjac
10-12-2015, 10:47
I disagree. When I post on what I feel is a serious subject It makes me uncomfortable when certain people want to inject their sense of humour into it.

Ecky Thump
10-12-2015, 11:07
I disagree. When I post on what I feel is a serious subject It makes me uncomfortable when certain people want to inject their sense of humour into it.

As someone famous said....

"If you can get humor and seriousness at the same time, you've created a special little thing that gives you both information and the will to live through the day."

The Tenerife Forum can be quite fruitful in getting you through the day, Its like turning a tap on and expecting filtered water and what comes out is that little splash of joy.;)

Ricman
10-12-2015, 11:42
We live in Los Cris & have used the Brita Tap system for over 10 years now. Presumably this has the same filter process as the jug system. As far as I am aware there are no " side effects " at all. The received information is that the tap water is safe to drink but tastes very brackish so we use the Brita for drinking & cooking.

I have also recommended it to many friends & indeed several times on this forum - with no comebacks.

The system we use costs around 45 euros for the initial equipment which includes 1 filter. The filter processes 1200 litres of water ( although we get much more ) and then a warning light to advise end of working life. A replacement filter costs 21 euros & both this & the original can be fitted easily in 2 or 3 minutes.
Just doing the maths means you get at least 150 bottles of 8 litres for 21 euros available 24/7 - without carrying, storage & disposal.
Currently I get these from ElectroCris at El Camison, Los Cristianos.

Malteser Monkey
10-12-2015, 11:52
As someone famous said....

"If you can get humor and seriousness at the same time, you've created a special little thing that gives you both information and the will to live through the day."

The Tenerife Forum can be quite fruitful in getting you through the day, Its like turning a tap on and expecting filtered water and what comes out is that little splash of joy.;)

Good quotes there Ecks !!!

Ecky Thump
10-12-2015, 12:00
Good quotes there Ecks !!!

Hey' Less of the quotes....The second one about the Tenerife Forum was from my own demented head! :D

These things flow endlessly from my brain like unfiltered water from a tap!:p

Malteser Monkey
10-12-2015, 12:16
Hey' Less of the quotes....The second one about the Tenerife Forum was from my own demented head! :D

These things flow endlessly from my brain like unfiltered water from a tap!:p

I'll fetch me jug:D

norjac
10-12-2015, 20:00
Is all the tap water on Tenerife de-salinated?