PDA

View Full Version : San Juan wanted

RETEPYELKNIRB
16-12-2015, 09:14
Regular 4 month winter let required November/March 2 Bed apartment close to sea/Town etc Mature couple.

AndyG
01-01-2016, 10:05
I retired early and relocated to Playa De San Juan in Nov 2015. I used a local English speaking agent to find a perfect long let and have loved every minute of it. As far as I know, most long lets are for 6 months or more so not sure if you can do 4 months. There are properties to let in the village but holiday lets can be quite expensive as they charge by the week. It might be better to ask for a 6 month let as you will be paying monthly rates rather than weekly rates? I assume you are now looking at November 2016 but might be better contacting an agent in the summer to see if a September to March rental can be arranged?

AndyG
01-01-2016, 23:11
Did you buy in Playa San Juan?

AndyG
02-01-2016, 19:29
I absolutely love it in PSJ and can't think of any reason to move elsewhere. Are there many permanent British residents in PSJ do you know? I hear a lot of English voices but am guessing that they are mostly day trippers from other resorts.

Leam_Lin
02-01-2016, 19:36
There's a local lady on San Juan's wednesday market who sells bread & cakes, the meringues are to die for, do you know if she sells anywhere else, markets or a shop. Thanks.

AndyG
02-01-2016, 22:37
I didn't think there were many! Well, my partner and myself are now here permanently and plan to stay for many years to come. We have very basic Spanish at present but we are getting by and will make more of an effort this year. We originally thought we wanted to rent in the newer part of the village and were offered an apartment on Calle Mar en Calma ( apologies for any spelling mistakes!) but it wasn't what we wanted. We were then offered a penthouse Atico on Avenida Juan Carlos and that's where we are. It is perfect and PSJ has more than lived up to our expectations.

marbro8
02-01-2016, 23:33
I didn't think there were many! Well, my partner and myself are now here permanently and plan to stay for many years to come. We have very basic Spanish at present but we are getting by and will make more of an effort this year. We originally thought we wanted to rent in the newer part of the village and were offered an apartment on Calle Mar en Calma ( apologies for any spelling mistakes!) but it wasn't what we wanted. We were then offered a penthouse Atico on Avenida Juan Carlos and that's where we are. It is perfect and PSJ has more than lived up to our expectations.as a holidaymaker i have never heard or visited san juan. i don't even know where it is?. so i would like to hear a bit more about it. and what it has to make people love it so much:wink:

Leam_Lin
03-01-2016, 00:13
There are less than ten permanent British/Irish/Welsh/Scottish residents that my wife and I know. There are some who come only for the Winter but most of the English speakers seem to come from other places nearby. They come regularly to Playa, especially on Wednesdays for the market. We know French/Belgian/Italian/German/Danish and Spanish people who live here and who we mostly originally met at Spanish classes in Playa.

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Is that the German lady with the white hair? She might be at the market in Alcala on Mondays.

Yes, this is possibly the same lady.
Mark, its just a very canarian area, the market on a wednesday is sold out of the local produce by approx. 11.30am.

Ecky Thump
03-01-2016, 09:30
as a holidaymaker i have never heard or visited san juan. i don't even know where it is?. so i would like to hear a bit more about it. and what it has to make people love it so much:wink:

I'm not sure how accurate a description of San Juan this is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d32Hj0kzDVk

Another link to San Juan.:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_Bc1VTkgOE

Leam_Lin
03-01-2016, 11:39
Completely innacurate, the videos must have been taken on the only day of the year it doesn't rain in Playa. You can't get a full English breakfast, or English beer. The restaurants only serve octopus, squid and limpets and you can't get anything to eat or drink unless you speak perfect Spanish. The prices are stupid anyway. Stay in PDLA and LC where you can have a proper holiday.

I take it you don't like any 'foreign' visitors to 'your' San Juan. first time we ever went to San Juan, approx 20 years ago, we had bacon rolls & all the english Sunday newspapers to read free.

Addick
03-01-2016, 12:00
Agree with Stewartk - it's a terrible place to stay. We've must've stayed there a dozen times now in the same apartment and it's been just as bad every time.:liar:

Ecky Thump
03-01-2016, 13:02
Completely innacurate, the videos must have been taken on the only day of the year it doesn't rain in Playa. You can't get a full English breakfast, or English beer. The restaurants only serve octopus, squid and limpets and you can't get anything to eat or drink unless you speak perfect Spanish. The prices are stupid anyway. Stay in PDLA and LC where you can have a proper holiday.

I take it you don't like any 'foreign' visitors to 'your' San Juan. first time we ever went to San Juan, approx 20 years ago, we had bacon rolls & all the english Sunday newspapers to read free.

Agree with Stewartk - it's a terrible place to stay. We've must've stayed there a dozen times now in the same apartment and it's been just as bad every time.:liar:

Keep Tenerife Spanish ...... Blackpool Scottish....The Welsh emmmm......and the English can have The Isle of Dogs!!:D

I'm not sure where the Irish would prefer, but nearly everybody in New York claims to be Irish.:laugh:

marbro8
03-01-2016, 14:32
Completely innacurate, the videos must have been taken on the only day of the year it doesn't rain in Playa. You can't get a full English breakfast, or English beer. The restaurants only serve octopus, squid and limpets and you can't get anything to eat or drink unless you speak perfect Spanish. The prices are stupid anyway. Stay in PDLA and LC where you can have a proper holiday.it sounds perfect. can't wait to tell my rather large romany family about it:eyebrows::laugh:

LUCKY
03-01-2016, 15:04

Lower GDS rules...................................... :flatcap::feret::feret::feret::feret::feret::feret :

kingbaker
04-01-2016, 13:25

Bull Manure!!:twak::twak::redcard::redcard:

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Keep Tenerife Spanish ...... Blackpool Scottish....The Welsh emmmm......and the English can have The Isle of Dogs!!:D

I'm not sure where the Irish would prefer, but nearly everybody in New York claims to be Irish.:laugh:

You watch yer lip young man or I'll not get the asylum application forms for you!!:crylaughing::crylaughing::crylaughing::redca rd::redcard::bootyshake: