PDA

View Full Version : Other Should they demolish buildings in Los Cristianos?

Newforest
27-12-2015, 20:59
Walking along the beach in Los Christianos today, made a short list of my wished for improvements for 2016. One ugly wall on the beach opposite LOS TARAJALES, to be demolished. One ruin of a building opposite the SUPERMARKET FORTUNA, to be demolished. One white wash building opposite CAPITAN HUNGRY, to be demolished. This one might be more difficult as I suspect it might be a sort of electricity sub station.

Anyone got an ideas why this could not be achieved or want to add to the list?! ;)

WELSH CLASSIC
27-12-2015, 22:32
Those rows of smelly bins with the grease etc! on the road.The Patch which parts of are in a terrible state .The waste ground all over cristianos which is a dumping ground (flatten it and plant some trees). That propped up building on the beach near where Chicagos was.And those nuisance looky men. BAH HUMBUG:mad::angry:

Ecky Thump
27-12-2015, 23:20
Anyone got an ideas why this could not be achieved or want to add to the list?! ;)

Mad dogs and a Englishman who goes out in the midday sun! :D

imablue
27-12-2015, 23:46
Err.. Newforest are you on holiday or have you come to pick faults ...if the second part is what you are here for go back to wherever you are from in the UK and tell me or rather tell this forum ...That you don,t see this sort of thing that you could,nt make a list of ..
I,ll give a rough guess we could all Pick anywhere that has faults that you are posting about anywhere in the world.
Get a life .......or at least come here and please try to enjoy it .........

Ecky Thump
28-12-2015, 00:06
Err.. Newforest are you on holiday or have you come to pick faults ...if the second part is what you are here for go back to wherever you are from in the UK and tell me or rather tell this forum ...That you don,t see this sort of thing that you could,nt make a list of ..
I,ll give a rough guess we could all Pick anywhere that has faults that you are posting about anywhere in the world.

I think you are correct, it's too easy to see the small downsides of a place and not the beauty, it used to be the same when visitors arrived in Glasgow, all they took notice of was some of the rundown council estates and missed the marvellous architecture and green parks.;)

imablue
28-12-2015, 00:20
Gorbals....... to you Ecky tongue in cheek:lol:

LUCKY
28-12-2015, 00:34

Well he could have said Liverpool !!!:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Newforest
28-12-2015, 09:58

I possibly lived here before you had heard of Tenerife. This is the busiest I have ever seen it due no doubt to political and economical forces. Looking through the eyes of a tourist in which I am not including myself, I think I would not like to see these obstructions, but maybe you are content and accustomed with this visage. The purpose of the thread was to discover why these problems exist, are there legal obstacles (probably) or other unknown forces. So far, no one has provided an answer. One always wishes for a better world, so hope springs eternal. Happy New Year!

Ricman
28-12-2015, 11:44
What is wrong with calling it how it is ?

These places are indeed a mess & should have been sorted long ago - as promised by the politicians.

This is a holiday resort now. For comparison look at Costa Adeje.

bulldog
28-12-2015, 13:49

These places are indeed a mess & should have been sorted long ago - as promised by the politicians.

Can you name me one picture card perfect place in the world without its rough bits i,ve travelled quite a bit and i can,t think of one!

I,ve noticed most of the people who knock Liverpool and Glasgow have not been there in my opinion two of the best cities in the
world!! along with Manchester.

bennoa1
28-12-2015, 17:14

Costa Adeje is a few years old where LC is an old fishing village, as an be seen from some of the pictures dating back to the 60's (in El Cine and the Big Ben pub). Shame some of the buildings cannot be repurposed particularly the one on the beach (number 1), which urban legend suggests was built by Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton, but not sure how true that is. Its been declared a ruin but would have been great to turn into an upmarket restaurant but would need millions spending on it, and with places selling beer at less than a euro a pint its not in the right place to attract that level of client. Its on all the old pictures so is a part of LC's history - bit like knocking down a stately home in the UK I guess - once its gone its gone. Owning a listed property in the UK I'd prefer to see it still sanding but get rid of the looky looky men or whoever is behind the sheets. There are lots of ruins in the UK which have to be appreciated for what they are and we aren't all saying to demolish them.

warbey
28-12-2015, 20:42
Isn't Black Forest where gateau's are made somewhere in Merkeland.?

I believe that some of these Buildings contribute to the Character of the Place

Perfection is boring.

As previously stated, it's some of the undesirables that want removing , the sooner the better....................!

dynamite
28-12-2015, 21:04
I could not agree more send in the bulldozers

TOTO 99
28-12-2015, 21:22
What can I say?

It is what it is.....anyone who doesn't like it needs to move past "T" in the brochure to the next letter available....Your next holiday needs to be in Utopia....:respect:

Angusjim
28-12-2015, 22:02
What can I say?

It is what it is.....anyone who doesn't like it needs to move past "T" in the brochure to the next letter available....Your next holiday needs to be in Utopia....:respect:

Do Ryanair fly there ?

delderek
28-12-2015, 22:34
I like Los Cris, but do have to agree, that some of it is looking very tired and neglected. Now the stated intention of the Authorities is to turn the Canaries into an upmarket destination, and according to recent figures they are succeeding, although as far as Tenerife is concerned, its Costa Adeje that is the "In" area because, lets face it it is nicer. Arona has had so much corruption and mismanagement for many years and their resorts are now suffering.

Newforest
29-12-2015, 10:26
You are right, why use a bulldozer, bring in the dynamite!

bennoa1
29-12-2015, 11:53
Old picture of LC showing number 1 (on the beach):
https://queeniesdailysnippets.wordpress.com/2015/02/11/commencement-of-the-procedure-for-declaring-the-casa-del-pena-in-los-cristianos-a-ruin/

dynamite
29-12-2015, 20:57
my next holiday toto is in paradise in 9 weeks time better than utopia the el mirador complex can't wait

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

on my way new forest 9 weks time without the dynamite

Ecky Thump
29-12-2015, 21:23
my next holiday toto is in paradise in 9 weeks time better than utopia the el mirador complex can't wait

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

on my way new forest 9 weks time without the dynamite

Unfortunetly I have to wait 17.142857 weeks until I'll be back at El Mirador, but I will be in good company with marbro8 & LindaD being there to subsidise my stay of four weeks.:D

essexeddie
29-12-2015, 22:01
I have to agree that some of these derelict buildings should be removed before someone is injured by them. They are an eyesore and add nothing to the area.
I expect an injury will happen and the party will sue the Council for not making the building safe.

Newforest
13-01-2016, 23:38
Bumping the thread as I had expected some more informative information from the knowledgeable forum members (your digs appreciated BTW!) concerning the offending objects. What is/was the 'wall structure' by Los Tarajales' and what is the white building obstructing the pavement by the Capitan Hungry?

Ricman
14-01-2016, 12:16
If he is still here, perhaps EE could go round with his Brownie & take some pictures of the offending structures & post them on here as I know he has the technology.

A few days ago I walked from the Arona Gran hotel to the Ferry Station. From the FS looking back over the harbour the view is awful & it really does need cleaning up - as promised.

LUCKY
14-01-2016, 12:55
Well I will take my cap off to all who have participated so far on this thread. No mention of Lower GDS .Things could be looking up 👑

kingbaker
14-01-2016, 13:13
And as for LGDS.......:raspberry2::bootyshake:

LUCKY
14-01-2016, 13:15
I have now put my cap back on!!!!?

Angusjim
14-01-2016, 13:24
Well I will take my cap off to all who have participated so far on this thread. No mention of Lower GDS .Things could be looking up 👑

Its all looks like a bomb site:laugh:

Ecky Thump
14-01-2016, 13:40
Purely out of self interest, I would object strongly at this old colonial style building on the Los Cristianos beach being demolished as I have been getting positive holiday bookings for it which gives me a good annual income, my present clients include TOTO 99 Medman LindaD marbro8 (multiple occupancy) Angusjim , I've even had a enquirery from kingbaker but he is quibbling over the renal costs if I were to include washing facilities!

LUCKY
14-01-2016, 14:26
Purely out of self interest, I would object strongly at this old colonial style building on the Los Cristianos beach being demolished as I have been getting positive holiday bookings for it which gives me a good annual income, my present clients include TOTO 99 Medman LindaD marbro8 (multiple occupancy) Angusjim , I've even had a enquirery from kingbaker but he is quibbling over the renal costs if I were to include washing facilities!

Would you please add my name to the waiting list please.As i have not had a holiday since Christmas.I willy gladly provide my own bucket for ablutions.:flatcap:

Ecky Thump
14-01-2016, 14:54
Would you please add my name to the waiting list please.As i have not had a holiday since Christmas.I willy gladly provide my own bucket for ablutions.:flatcap:

There is no need for you to bring your own toilet facilities, if you look at the photo from my latest colour brochure (which shows the main living/lounge area of the accommodation on offer for rental), you will see that I have now added inside toilet facilities (white commode in centre of picture), also there is now included through-flow air conditioning and the added luxury of his and hers slippers!

Please book early to avoid disappointment.:wow:

Malteser Monkey , I have returned your deposit as you have made it clear that you are not prepared to share the accommodation with the macdonald5 family!!???

Malteser Monkey
14-01-2016, 15:29
There is no need for you to bring your own toilet facilities, if you look at the photo from my latest colour brochure (which shows the main living/lounge area of the accommodation on offer for rental), you will see that I have now added inside toilet facilities (white commode in centre of picture), also there is now included through-flow air conditioning and the added luxury of his and hers slippers!

Malteser Monkey , I have returned your deposit as you have made it clear that you are not prepared to share the accommodation with the macdonald5 family!!???

I'm nae sharin' with anyone :twak::D

LUCKY
14-01-2016, 16:16

I may be having second thoughts myself as it's looking like this could be an All Inclusive holiday package. :flatcap:

Margaretta
14-01-2016, 18:16
its Costa Adeje that is the "In" area because, lets face it it is nicer. (Delderek)

Delderek, everyone has different tastes and I'm afraid Las Americas and Costa Adeje are certainly not mine. They are however terrific tourist attractions in their own right and great for those who enjoy their holidays there.
Walking through Los Cristianos from the dream villa at Los Tarajales through to the harbour one passes many old fishermen's huts and beach villas, sometimes barely noticing those covered in bougainvillea and those in good repair. I don't like poorly executed graffiti but I do like to know these old villas have stories to tell and are not overwhelmed by buildings such as the Arona Gran and Princesa Dacil. The golden, cared-for beach and modern bars and cafes have their place but not the charm and stories of history and the naturalness and interest yielded by the rocky, sprawling pools filled and emptied by the glistening wavelets. Getting rid of places is a sort of environmental cleansing to remove all that is tumbling and historic.
But I do wish someone would start a petition about the arched villa which has become a real eyesore and place for the homeless. I'm not a resident otherwise I would. The present occupancy could lead to dangerous activities in the future. I presume Arona Council are the people to go for but the cultural centre would advise. Of course it is privately owned (I last heard that a lawyer had inherited it from her family). It would be interesting to find out Spanish Law and if some sort of ultimatum could be issued to tidy, secure, improve or demolish the property. It must have been wonderful once.

TOTO 99
14-01-2016, 19:34

Yeah I'm booked in...no illegal letting problems in there.....I fully understand KB's apprehension as the place only has a ladies or gents w/c......you need to cater for the more "modern" punter mate.....lol.....

Ecky Thump
14-01-2016, 19:53
Yeah I'm booked in...no illegal letting problems in there.....I fully understand KB's apprehension as the place only has a ladies or gents w/c......you need to cater for the more "modern" punter mate.....lol.....

Yes, I'm pleased to say that I am the sole letting agent for this fine holiday home and foresee future improvement, indeed I'm looking for investors to enable me to bring new modern facilities to this apartment/villa, I have something like this in mind.....

Now I'm sure that LindaD will see the advantage of this addition.

WELSH CLASSIC
14-01-2016, 23:24
Just returned from Los Chris. and it is certainly looking good in the Dinastia/Mirador area,the empty spaces are having luxury apts.being built with some nice planted areas around the area.Needs some sprucing up by the walk down to the Apollo centre.
I cannot understand why they are digging up everything near Parque 3 (The golden mile) as this was all done a few years ago.Looks like less parking for the motorist,and the Patch is next i have heard.:c2:

LUCKY
15-01-2016, 01:07
Yes, I'm pleased to say that I am the sole letting agent for this fine holiday home and foresee future improvement, indeed I'm looking for investors to enable me to bring new modern facilities to this apartment/villa, I have something like this in mind.....

Now I'm sure that LindaD will see the advantage of this addition.

So you think a piazza rolling machine is going to do the trick, I am not racist but i will not be sharing the same accommodation with Italians.:flatcap:

Ecky Thump
15-01-2016, 19:17
So you think a piazza rolling machine is going to do the trick, I am not racist but i will not be sharing the same accommodation with Italians.:flatcap:

I'm sure that we can come to some arrangement to make the accommodation more suitable for your requirements, I am thinking of purchasing some "Bedouin Style" tents from some passing travellers and erecting them alongside the villa, I am even thinking of having some goats tethered to supply your fresh milk and meat..... of course, all of this at a bargain prices of suit your income!:campfire:

Margaretta
15-01-2016, 22:08
I'm sure that we can come to some arrangement to make the accommodation more suitable for your requirements, I am thinking of purchasing some "Bedouin Style" tents from some passing travellers and erecting them alongside the villa, I am even thinking of having some goats tethered to supply your fresh milk and meat..... of course, all of this at a bargain prices of suit your income!:campfire:

Well, Ecky, the palm trees are there so it's definitely an oasis. Sheep. We need sheep for their eyeballs. We lady tenants could do some belly dancing at night on the promenade to help with the rent. Perhaps not.

Ecky Thump
15-01-2016, 22:22
Well, Ecky, the palm trees are there so it's definitely an oasis. Sheep. We need sheep for their eyeballs. We lady tenants could do some belly dancing at night on the promenade to help with the rent. Perhaps not.

If you are going to display your charms doing this,...:bellydancer: :bellydancer: :bellydancer: then the villa is yours for the month of August, with no monatry exchange needed! :cheeky:

I'll even send marbro8 to do your :washing: & :mopping:

marbro8
15-01-2016, 23:02
If you are going to display your charms doing this,...:bellydancer: :bellydancer: :bellydancer: then the villa is yours for the month of August, with no monatry exchange needed! :cheeky:

I'll even send marbro8 to do your :washing: & :mopping:i got a telling off from my brother in law not so long ago. (because he does absolutely nothing in the house). for turning up to a meal late and admitting it was because i had been ironing sans skirt:lol:

Ecky Thump
15-01-2016, 23:21
i got a telling off from my brother in law not so long ago. (because he does absolutely nothing in the house). for turning up to a meal late and admitting it was because i had been ironing sans skirt:lol:

It probably wasn't so much that you were ironing it, but the fact that you had just taken it off and we're still wearing Sandra's stockings and sussies!:D

You know very well who does the ironing when we are on holiday, and it's not Carol. :nono:

LindaD
16-01-2016, 00:51
If that villa is good enough for Liz Taylor and Richard Burton it's good enough for me Ecky Thump!!!! I really like what you've done with the place though, specially that "old boiler" of a washing machine. That will fairly git the claes cleaned!!!! Book me in for a few weeks, but I'll bring my ain bed:wink: Couple of cardboard boxes should do the trick!

Margaretta
16-01-2016, 01:24
Now that's an offer I cannot possibly refuse. I'll dig out my harem pants and seven veils.:crazy: