PDA

View Full Version : Commercial Advertising on the Forum

Moderator___
03-01-2016, 18:50
As LUCKY has pointed out to a relatively new member, commercial advertising is not allowed here under forum rules. Can I suggest that any members unsure of the forum rules have a look at the topic by selecting the tab Useful Links towards the top right hand side of this page, then select Tenerife Forum Rules.

delderek
03-01-2016, 18:57
Not arguing against the rules, but someone coming out from the UK offering to bring patio furniture out with him, could well be of interest to forum members, looking to save money on the considerably overpriced inferior quality product that is available in Tenerife, is maybe a tad to strict.

03-01-2016, 22:33
Not arguing against the rules, but someone coming out from the UK offering to bring patio furniture out with him, could well be of interest to forum members, looking to save money on the considerably overpriced inferior quality product that is available in Tenerife, is maybe a tad to strict.

You may have a point about the advertising rules being strict but rules are rules. Incidentally, and before this thread gets hijacked, the rules say , and I quote "Moderation decisions are final. Please do not question moderator decisions on the open thread. We have a perfectly adequate helpdesk for any problems or queries you may have about any decision. Please us it in the first instance."

Angusjim
04-01-2016, 01:32
You may have a point about the advertising rules being strict but rules are rules. Incidentally, and before this thread gets hijacked, the rules say , and I quote "Moderation decisions are final. Please do not question moderator decisions on the open thread. We have a perfectly adequate helpdesk for any problems or queries you may have about any decision. Please us it in the first instance."
Classic pish

delderek
04-01-2016, 10:18
Straight from Chairman Mao's little red book.

TOTO 99
04-01-2016, 10:20
Straight from Chairman Mao's little red book.

I assume you're not talking about AngusJim's post?.....:laugh:

LUCKY
04-01-2016, 11:08
It was blatant advertising by a business it was even linked to a UK website .

Angusjim
04-01-2016, 13:51
It was blatant advertising by a business it was even linked to a UK website .

Off with their heads:laugh:

Malteser Monkey
04-01-2016, 14:04
Off with their heads:laugh:

away to ya sunbed !:beach::laugh:

ellie.wheeler
07-01-2016, 10:59
Blatant or not Lucky it was an idea if anyone was interested and a one off journey. We do sell international and as Tenerife is an island I thought it would make sense to combine our own shipment. No worries it has duly been removed by the moderators [emoji41]

Leam_Lin
07-01-2016, 11:09
Blatant or not Lucky it was an idea if anyone was interested and a one off journey. We do sell international and as Tenerife is an island I thought it would make sense to combine our own shipment. No worries it has duly been removed by the moderators [emoji41]

I missed the post, what were you offering?

Ecky Thump
07-01-2016, 11:52
I missed the post, what were you offering?

Anyone interested in what ellie.wheeler was offering to supply and ship to Tenerife can send her a PM and get further information, this thread has probably given more interest and coverage to her products that her opening post, a great advertising policy! :D

ellie.wheeler
07-01-2016, 15:17
Patio - balcony furniture Leam_Lin

TOTO 99
07-01-2016, 16:07
Patio - balcony furniture Leam_Lin

I'm sure nobody could object if you put a message in your signature line along the lines of: We sell patio furniture, pm for details....

or something similar. In the same way Ecky has his "Live your life" message as you'll see above.

As long as there's no numbers or links it should be acceptable.