PDA

View Full Version : New alcohol guidelines

marbro8
08-01-2016, 14:34
what do forum members think of the new guidelines of no more than 14 units a week.? and be honest:laugh:

Malteser Monkey
08-01-2016, 14:36
what do forum members think of the new guidelines of no more than 14 units a week.? and be honest:laugh:

A week ??:cry:

What about a night ?:cheeky:

what's good for you today ....is bad..........

So why do people that don't drink have never smoked and go jogging get cancer.

I'm not joking here, but really you just don't know what to believe do you.

marbro8
08-01-2016, 14:50
A week ??:cry:

What about a night ?:cheeky:

what's good for you today ....is bad..........

So why do people that don't drink have never smoked and go jogging get cancer.

I'm not joking here, but really you just don't know what to believe do you.tell me about it. they said that eating butter was bad for you in the 70's-80's. so after a lifetime of eating low fat horrid spreads. they now tell us that because of all the chemicals they put in it to make it low fat. BUTTER is actually the better for you:mad:

Malteser Monkey
08-01-2016, 15:07
tell me about it. they said that eating butter was bad for you in the 70's-80's. so after a lifetime of eating low fat horrid spreads. they now tell us that because of all the chemicals they put in it to make it low fat. BUTTER is actually the better for you:mad:

We've been eating butter for years after I was told about those spreads.I mean just how much butter can you consume in a day.

I just do whatever coz it just doesn't work that way does it - if it was proven it did ................................

kingbaker
08-01-2016, 15:49
We've been eating butter for years after I was told about those spreads.I mean just how much butter can you consume in a day.

I just do whatever coz it just doesn't work that way does it - if it was proven it did ................................

I guess you've had the 14 units today already:crylaughing::crylaughing:

bennoa1
08-01-2016, 16:10
Cant believe it has dropped. Everything in moderation I'd say as it doesn't account for the feel good factor when you have something you enjoy. Red wine is bad for you now too - bugger as I drink a fair bit when out there, less at home. It'll be something else next week so best not to get to concerned with it.

Malteser Monkey
08-01-2016, 16:11
I guess you've had the 14 units today already:crylaughing::crylaughing:

Not yet ......................

Faraway
08-01-2016, 16:14
I think you are sent here to enjoy your life, so dont worry and get on with it!

Medman
08-01-2016, 16:26
My theory, which has worked for a long healthy life so far is - If it feels good; do it. If it doesn't; stop it.

TOTO 99
08-01-2016, 16:26
I was at the doctors yesterday.

He asked me how many pints I drink a week. I said twenty....

He said " I want you to cut that by half".....

I came out thinking, not bad, nineteen and half pints sounds doable.....:laugh:

LUCKY
08-01-2016, 16:43
Is Happy Hour doomed?......................:flatcap:

Malteser Monkey
08-01-2016, 16:47

Happy half hour now

Ecky Thump
08-01-2016, 17:22

It is if you read all the miserable posts on the forum! :D

Follow marbro8 's & Malteser Monkey 's example and get "Happily Pished" or dwell on problems and slit your wrists.:laugh:

Tshirt
08-01-2016, 17:36
At my age I don't give a ****e, I don't drink much anyway, what I don't spill I dribble down my shirt. :laugh:

marbro8
08-01-2016, 21:44
Is Happy Hour doomed?......................:flatcap:only on the golf:laugh:. and talking about the golf. did anyone watch a place in the sun today? tenerife 5 properties. the best 2 was on amarilla golf with the sea about 20 ft away from the front door for under £100.000. and golf de sur with 2 bed with massive terrace for the same price. if i had the money i would have snapped their hands off:wink:

Angusjim
08-01-2016, 21:48
Got an E Mail from TOTO he is out tonight and he has calculared no more drinking for him till March:laugh::laugh:

Malteser Monkey
08-01-2016, 22:02
Got an E Mail from TOTO he is out tonight and he has calculared no more drinking for him till March:laugh::laugh:

Ochhh eye wot woz that

he has calcur - you go easy there mate :bootyshake:

Angusjim
08-01-2016, 22:06
Ochhh eye wot woz that

he has calcur - you go easy there mate :bootyshake:

You clearly have had your 3 month quota

Malteser Monkey
08-01-2016, 22:09
You clearly have had your 3 month quota

In English do you mean ...Calculated ? or is Calculared a new Spanish word ?

marbro8
08-01-2016, 23:54
well i have had 10 units tonight. so that's me fudged:laugh: make that 12:wine:

Tshirt
09-01-2016, 12:18
I had a glass of wine and two large whiskys last night, well surprise surprise I've survived.

Medman
09-01-2016, 13:52
I had a glass of wine and two large whiskys last night, well surprise surprise I've survived.

I had 2 bottles of Miller last night and Frosties for my breakfast and I feel gr----------eat ! .. :cheers:

Ecky Thump
09-01-2016, 14:13
I had a cup of tea last night and watched Carol & Lesley (daughter in law) scoff two bottles of Cava.....I felt miserable!:D

macdonald5
09-01-2016, 15:26

Well where do I start ...........have been a social drinker most of my adult life ( as funds allowed ! )
During September last I made an angelic decision to be totally dry and make contribution to charity
Did that not 'bite me in bum ' big style ??
Ended up with some autoimmune bloody virus and have lost much of previous fitness and strength ....my doctor not convinced it was related but I'm NOT giving up drink completely again
Only my personl opinion but I recockon your body gets used to reasonable excesses and better to stick with what not broken xx

blondie
09-01-2016, 16:23
Yes I certainly agree with you there. About 12 years I suppose I was embarrassed into stopping smoking , felt awful counselling my chemo patients on the merits of giving up smoking when I continued to do so . It certainly wasn't because I wanted too as I had been smoking for over 20 years and enjoyed each and every one of them. I made a decision to stop and for nearly a year I felt really unwell but nothing that I could actually say what was wrong with me It was too difficult to have to stop again so to this day I have never had a cigarette and thankful that I don't want one .Alcohol is something that I would not miss if I had to give it up . Then I go to Tenerife and drink every night for 2 weeks . Vina Sol, Mojito, Baileys I thoroughly enjoy them all then don't have another drink till I come back on holiday again .

Medman
09-01-2016, 16:35
Yes I certainly agree with you there. About 12 years I suppose I was embarrassed into stopping smoking , felt awful counselling my chemo patients on the merits of giving up smoking when I continued to do so . It certainly wasn't because I wanted too as I had been smoking for over 20 years and enjoyed each and every one of them. I made a decision to stop and for nearly a year I felt really unwell but nothing that I could actually say what was wrong with me It was too difficult to have to stop again so to this day I have never had a cigarette and thankful that I don't want one .Alcohol is something that I would not miss if I had to give it up . Then I go to Tenerife and drink every night for 2 weeks . Vina Sol, Mojito, Baileys I thoroughly enjoy them all then don't have another drink till I come back on holiday again .

Aye right !! .... :liar: ... you're a disgrace to Ayrshire !! .... :D ... :cheers2:

Angusjim
09-01-2016, 16:38
Aye right !! .... :liar: ... you're a disgrace to Ayrshire !! .... :D ... :cheers2:

Couple o pish heids:lol::crylaughing:

Ecky Thump
09-01-2016, 17:43
Couple o pish heids:lol::crylaughing:

We are proud of our Ayrshire hermitage!

Gie him strong drink until he wink,
That's sinking in despair;
An' liquor guid to fire his bluid,
That's prest wi' grief and care:
There let him bouse, an' deep carouse,
Wi' bumpers flowing o'er,
Till he forgets his loves or debts,
An' minds his griefs no more.

Look no further than the great Robert Burns of the benefits of a wee dram or two or three or fir or fav is shix or shev......:lol:

bigbadscott
10-01-2016, 01:09

Absolute a load of rubbish.
I worked in a place where drinking was aloud and the gaffer easily drank a bottle of vodka a day.
He left the work in 2000 and I thought he won't make 2005.
It's 2016 and he is still going strong and many of his age workmates are still going strong.

trevorife2
10-01-2016, 08:34
Ive had 14 units whilst reading this thread!!!

Tshirt
10-01-2016, 19:38
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/16/01/10/92649e69450b5e4cabd6d612103b4ad3.jpg

macdonald5
10-01-2016, 19:40
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/16/01/10/92649e69450b5e4cabd6d612103b4ad3.jpg

Muchas gracias Amigo !!!!! No speaka de English !!