PDA

View Full Version : Translater needed

Faraway
08-01-2016, 16:09
hi, If anyone lives in or around Arico, I have just signed on at the doctors and discovered I will need a translator each time I go!
It wont be that often but if anyone lives nearby, it would be useful to arrange the translator before I book the appointment.
Thanks to anyone who can help out.

Faraway
09-01-2016, 10:44
I can speak quite a bit of Spanish but she was just too quick for me and wouldn't slow down. I could not even distinguish one word out of the babble that came out

Faraway
09-01-2016, 12:35
Mmm they do do that, but she is from Seville as well, so it's hopeless! I can converse quite easily both here and even more so in Peru, but mainland Spain - no way!

garlicbread
09-01-2016, 23:16
Unless you a totally FLUENT in Spanish then taking a risk that you are understood or that you understand the medical staff is, in my opinion, a risk not worth taking. If you are serious about needing a translator then contact Tracey Jordan, Tenerife Translation Services, she is both professional and caring and certainly know her way around the Canarian Health System. She can be contacted on 922733210 or 666857210 or by e mail on info@tenerifetranslationservices.com