PDA

View Full Version : Relocation Los Roques - Fasnia

Liftman
09-01-2016, 17:12
Can anyone give me any information on Los Roques?

It seems to be a small, sleepy little village with good access to the autopista. Am I missing something as the house prices seem very reasonable for someone who isn't looking for a home in the tourit areas, but doesn't want to be in the countryside.

Los Roques is 20-30 mins from both the airport and Santa Cruz so seems quite accessible, whilst being off the usual beaten track.

A nice, 3 bed terraced house, 150 square meters, first line overlooking the beach, terraces front and rear is available for under 150,000 euros.

Thoughts anyone?

Liftman
09-01-2016, 19:58
We don't mind the wind. That's why a front and rear terrace would be perfect. Shelter whichever way it's blowing.

LUCKY
09-01-2016, 20:26
We don't mind the wind. That's why a front and rear terrace would be perfect. Shelter whichever way it's blowing.

Does it not depend on the direction of the wind, and which direction the terraces are facing? please do your homework on the directions.:flatcap:

imablue
09-01-2016, 22:15
The wind normally blows from the the north east, like a very strong wind, thats why there are wind farms on that side of the island. It also decrees which way the airbourne traffic comes and goes ..i.e. flying in from the western side approaches or from the eastern approaches.
Los Roques is lovely.. but ..windy

Liftman
10-01-2016, 01:01
North Easterly would actually be the best direction for the property we are looking at, as it faces generally SSE.

The rear would be protected by a cliff face, and the front by the house itself.

We will need to be there on a windy day (sounds like they are common) to assess fully, but thanks for the info.

ribuck
10-01-2016, 10:54
If you want to live in a very small, sleepy, Spanish village, and if you don't mind lots of wind, it sounds very good. There are four beaches and some coastal walks, a bar, a restaurant, a petrol station, some bus stops, and the motorway. What more do you need? And the annual "Festival of Water", which looks great fun, is held here.

Liftman
10-01-2016, 19:17
We currently live in Lympstone, Devon. Overlooking the Exe Estuary, Sleepy is the definition, and we get wind here too, combined with torrential rain currently.

ribuck
10-01-2016, 19:31
We currently live in Lympstone, Devon. Overlooking the Exe Estuary, Sleepy is the definition, and we get wind here too, combined with torrential rain currently.

Yep, I know Lympstone, as I walked the SW Coast Path recently. I think the only thing you will miss, moving from Lympstone to Los Roques, is the colour "green". Don't worry about the all the wild blackberries that grow along the lanes in Lympstone, there are some places higher up on Tenerife that have wild blackberries.

Margaretta
24-01-2016, 17:00
Los Roques is very attractive and extremely steep. If you are retired you may find it something of a mission to climb up from the beach. It is a delightful village though. Abades is less hilly.