PDA

View Full Version : Decent family budget restaurants Las americas / Los christianos ????

john123
13-01-2016, 14:25
Hi we have been visiting Las Americas the last 6 years in the begitning of febuary for 2 weeks and we always booked our hotel with dinner and breakfast included(some might call this boring but practical),so Family of 4 had never to worry about the food hassle etc.
This year we thought we change all this and just booked only hotel,wich Means we are going to have to be eating out .
Any recomendations of any family budget restaurants Las americas / Los christianos would be much appreciated :wave:

garlicbread
13-01-2016, 21:18
What sort of money are you talking about per person including drinks. There's a vast range of prices her , as indeed there is in the UK or elsewhere?

Lofty
13-01-2016, 22:33
Hi we have been visiting Las Americas the last 6 years in the begitning of febuary for 2 weeks and we always booked our hotel with dinner and breakfast included(some might call this boring but practical),so Family of 4 had never to worry about the food hassle etc.
This year we thought we change all this and just booked only hotel,wich Means we are going to have to be eating out .
Any recomendations of any family budget restaurants Las americas / Los christianos would be much appreciated :wave:

A lot of restaurants do 3 x course for 10 ish euros PP

marbro8
14-01-2016, 12:36
I think all restaurants have to offer the €10 3 course menu. Lenaries 11 in Los cris harbour do a good one. In las Americas the corner bar on parque de la Paz at the rear of the safari centre is quite reasonable. As are a few bars along there. Also at the side of the compostela beach there are quite a few down there offering good value for money. Surfers being one of our favourites. But beware the portions are huge. Something I do find funny is the fact that soft drinks are often more expensive than alcohol. So if you can teach the kids to like beer you are quids in:laugh:

ribuck
14-01-2016, 13:25
Some Chinese restaurants do a reasonable buffet for under €10.

john123
14-01-2016, 13:39
.......kids dont eat too much so i think a 3 course would be a Waste for them and i personally would just settle for a good main menu .

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Some Chinese restaurants do a reasonable buffet for under €10.

..are chinese restaurants the only ones that offer buffet???

ribuck
14-01-2016, 14:28
...are chinese restaurants the only ones that offer buffet???

Many hotel restaurants that provide buffet meals for their guests are also open to members of the public. But I don't personally know of any that "do a reasonable buffet for under €10".

Will you be out-and-about during the day by car, and can eat on the way back to your accommodation? If so, a surprising but excellent budget option is a cafeteria attached to a petrol station. In England these do terrible food, but in Tenerife they can be excellent. There's a forum thread here about it:
http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/showthread.php?2032-Who-eats-in-the-garages-or-service-stations-in-Tenerife

Amongst others, the Shell on the motorway near Los Cristianos receives high praise.

marbro8
14-01-2016, 20:50
.......kids dont eat too much so i think a 3 course would be a Waste for them and i personally would just settle for a good main menu .

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

..are chinese restaurants the only ones that offer buffet???there is a hotel in los cris. called paradise park. they offer all you can eat and drink all day from about 10.00am. until about 6.00pm. and use of sun beds the pool and umbrella. i think it is about.€20 adult and €15 children.not bad considering you could pay around €8 just for sunbeds on the beach. if you walk up to the cc pasarella shopping centre. turn right in between there and the el mirador complex. and the entrance is just up the hill. about 200 yards. just opposite balti balti. you can pay at the kiosk through the gate

warbey
14-01-2016, 22:01
Why not locate a decent Supermercado and get Crereals and Milk plus Bread or Rolls and have something in the room?

Most times I get away We always have Tea and Coffee and get sliced meat and Bread from the Shop
Two benefits, are Brekkie before leaving and no waiting for the Bill!

Cerials can be expensive if similar to the U.K. but there is usually a choice.

Don't forget the Large Water while You are there.......

WELSH CLASSIC
14-01-2016, 23:06
A very nice meal and a good breakfast with coffee fo 2.85 euros can be had in Montanas in Las Americas .Just down from the Patch area and almost opposite the Tourist Office.:yum:

ribuck
15-01-2016, 12:40
Cerials can be expensive if similar to the U.K.

Or you can be like a Tinerfeño and eat gofio (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gofio), which costs almost nothing.

Malteser Monkey
15-01-2016, 13:58
Or you can be like a Tinerfeño and eat gofio (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gofio), which costs almost nothing.

Oooo noo - I didn't like the smell of that stuff

john123
16-01-2016, 15:18
Many hotel restaurants that provide buffet meals for their guests are also open to members of the public. But I don't personally know of any that "do a reasonable buffet for under €10".

Will you be out-and-about during the day by car, and can eat on the way back to your accommodation? If so, a surprising but excellent budget option is a cafeteria attached to a petrol station. In England these do terrible food, but in Tenerife they can be excellent. There's a forum thread here about it:
http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/showthread.php?2032-Who-eats-in-the-garages-or-service-stations-in-Tenerife

Amongst others, the Shell on the motorway near Los Cristianos receives high praise.

Will give it a try when im over .:agree: