PDA

View Full Version : Cars & Transport Car hire recommendations needed in Tenerife

wendy1950
13-01-2016, 15:48
Hi,
We are coming over to Tenerife in March, have previously lived in Spain I know about the rip off car hire companies that charge very high prices for fuel and extra excess insurance.
We are looking for a mid size car with no fuel charge, eg bring the car back with the same fuel as in at the start, and also we will not need the extra insurance as we have excess cover, I know this will mean leaving a deposit on a credit card, but do not want this to be unreasonably high and want it just held on the card not taken and then have to wait ages for it to come back.
We are not looking for a really cheap car hire we are looking for a company that does not rip off on the items mentioned, once you get there, in Spain most of the locals and regular visitors know which companies can be trusted, so I am hoping one of you also know this info
Many thanks for any help
Wendy x

AndyG
13-01-2016, 16:55
Autoreisen were recommended to us when we first hired a car in Tenerife. They have always been very good and the excess is already included in their very competitive prices. They also give you a free named second driver if you want one. Fuel policy is return as it was when you took the car so if it's half full, you return it half full etc

glassman
13-01-2016, 17:04
Autoreisen is the best
Read all the reviews on this forum
Not Gold Car .... rip off merchants

Susief23
13-01-2016, 18:07
I'll third Autoreisen. No rip off with them.

tfs1
13-01-2016, 19:14
Autoreisen for us as well. book early as prices change, you can also cancel rebook etc at no cost.

Once when we were in the Autoreisen queue and watched and listened with interest the very long GoldCar queue, clearly the people had been suckered in by very cheap hire rates only to find sky high insurance rates and expensive fuel and non refundable refuelling charges applied.

wendy1950
13-01-2016, 19:56
That's just what I was looking for, thank you everyone x

visata
14-01-2016, 17:35
Two years in a row I rented a car in Autoreisen - not a single issue and no hidden fees.

Coming to Tenerife this month and looking to rent a car again (for 1 to 3 months). I noticed that Autoreisen upped their pricing by around 40-45% compared with what I paid last year. Are there any other alternatives I should consider? Plus Car seems offering a bit better pricing and claims no hidden fees, full insurance just like Autoreisen.

sim0ne
21-01-2016, 22:06
Autoreisen the best! Rented two years ago, no issues..and rented a week ago(finger crossed) for the next week.
Their prices go up and down day by day, I was "almost" booking a day, and the next day the price dropped by 50€, and now the price is increased by 100€ (on a 30days renting).

golazzo
22-01-2016, 08:18
Autoreisen by a country mile. Get keys for your car while waiting for your bags to come off the carousel. Won't use anyone else

tfs1
22-01-2016, 09:01
Autoreisen by a country mile. Get keys for your car while waiting for your bags to come off the carousel. Won't use anyone else

exactly what we did on tuesday, landed at 2330 on a flight from spain but the autoreisen queue already had a few in it and we were pretty quick off the plane - seems as if the word has got around. There was an equally longish queue at the CICAR desk. Booked a C3 and got a C3 but the Piccaso model, higher/larger than the standard C3, a nice little run around and easy to get in/out of, new car J reg.

cool bob
19-06-2016, 23:07
hi will they drop at Apts as looking at going from hotel