PDA

View Full Version : Relocation Ferry info pls

Bairn
13-01-2016, 22:14
Hi all,

Relocating to tenerife as soon as house is sold here in UK. What are my best options to get furniture over? Local company will drive Luton van (13ft) approx to Tenerife. Any one know which ferry will take vans etc please?

Stoney
14-01-2016, 11:10
Ferries go from Cadiz and Huelva, both take lorries so vans not problem. Just look on direct ferries they give prices etc.

cainaries
14-01-2016, 17:43
Do a search on google "ferry to Tenerife". They all take vans, however it may be cheaper to get rid of your furniture in the UK and buy here.

Exactly what I was going to say. Have you got a house, flat, whatever, where your UK furniture will fit and fit in rather than buying "summer weather" furniture in Tenerife? We brought all our furniture out and it is still sitting in the garage ten years later. It's worth thinking about.

Bairn
14-01-2016, 21:17
Thanks, we are a taking a fair bit but down sizing to be mortgage free so only bringing necessities! Can't seem to get a price on both ferry websites!

tfs1
15-01-2016, 09:55
Thanks, we are a taking a fair bit but down sizing to be mortgage free so only bringing necessities! Can't seem to get a price on both ferry websites!

have you tried www.directferries.co.uk ? I have just given it a go and it worked fine as long as you full in all the required fields - and there are a few !

Bairn
15-01-2016, 10:31
I've tried that but not recognising Luton van therefore won't give me price. Do you have a rough idea on cost?

tfs1
15-01-2016, 11:11
I've tried that but not recognising Luton van therefore won't give me price. Do you have a rough idea on cost?

I see the problem - I put in van, Ford, Luton, length 6m and height 2.9m which is the max height they have on the website for a crossing in April and with 2 'reserved seats (wow!) and it came back as about £500 one way. 3 day/2night crossing. There are faster 2day/1 night crossing but havent looked at them for a while.

Bairn
15-01-2016, 11:22
Ahhh I see thank you! ill try with those measurements as it'll be a return for the man with the van. Thanks for your help x