PDA

View Full Version : Other Questions about airport parking in the North

essexeddie
17-01-2016, 14:49
Carried out a dummy run today to sus out the parking at the north airport as we are flying out to Fuertaventura next week. We have booked a space online at the airport car park and have had our card and vehicle details taken. Does anyone know what happens at the airport now. I saw a payment machine there which states that payment should be made before picking up your vehicle, but how does that work with pre ordered spaces? I dont want to end up paying twice. As usual in life nobody knows not even the Tenerife travel agents. Any info would be gratefully received.

delderek
17-01-2016, 17:50
If it is Gatwick, you will have taken a ticket when you drive in. When you get back you put that ticket in machines dotted around the terminal exits, it may ask for yr registration, the machine will tell you how much, Pay using the Same Card take the ticket, put it in the barrier and it should let you out.

Oops, sorry didn't realise it was Tenerife North.:bowdown:

Ricman
17-01-2016, 18:25
Went to Sevilla in November to go to a football match & went from TFN. As you are finding, no one seems to know or indeed seems interested about parking.

So I got a lift from a friend & arranged for someone else to pick me up on return. Going was OK as I got out on the fly & straight into departures.

Another friend did the return collection & parked in the short term car park & I went down 2 or 3 levels to pick up the car with him. It was not straightforward even in this car park & my Spanish friend needed instructions from other users how to get it to work.

Maybe a longer term car park will be easier to use, but I would check it out at the info desk to prevent any problems on returning.

No idea why it is so difficult to get outside info about this parking. Perhaps we are so used to TFS & take it all for granted.

Liked the airport though.

essexeddie
17-01-2016, 19:56
Nothing is too simple in Tenerife. Took me ages to find the car park even after asking a taxi driver.

Megaloo
17-01-2016, 20:10
I suppose because I live in the North I find the parking easy you just have to remember the floor where you have parked,rolleyes2: But there is an office that you can go to I think it is between the arrivals and departures which is 0 and the next floor down but certainly there is an office on one of the landings but not 100% exactly where just sitting here thinking :whistle:I know there is one floor for hired cars and then 2 for public wish is S1 and S2
I would imagine you take the ticket that you have taken from the machine to them with your prepaid ticket and they will give you a ticket to get out of barrier

essexeddie
17-01-2016, 21:01
I suppose because I live in the North I find the parking easy you just have to remember the floor where you have parked,rolleyes2: But there is an office that you can go to I think it is between the arrivals and departures which is 0 and the next floor down but certainly there is an office on one of the landings but not 100% exactly where just sitting here thinking :whistle:I know there is one floor for hired cars and then 2 for public wish is S1 and S2
I would imagine you take the ticket that you have taken from the machine to them with your prepaid ticket and they will give you a ticket to get out of barrier

Yes thats pretty clear but I have reserved a space and card details have been taken so wondered how it all works. But if there is an office there ( I didnt see one today) then perhaps I will find out. Not holding my breath tho.

Megaloo
17-01-2016, 22:13
I had to go to office when pay machines were out of action
Sorry cannot help with that but have you a receipt to,take with you ?

garlicbread
17-01-2016, 22:23
I assume you will be away for more than 7 days when if you pay in advance you only pay for 7 days €75) but can park for 20, otherwise there would be no point in paying in advance. When you did your "dry run" if you had gone onto the main concourse (arrivals/departures) there is an information desk where they speak English and would no doubt have explained the procedure to you. However, and this is just my opinion, as you will have entered your car license plate details when you booked, I feel certain the card you get out of the machine as you enter the car park will already have your details on it and, providing you exit within the time you have paid for, you will be able to exit with nothing to pay. As a safeguard, when you arrive back, you could always go to the information desk, which is almost opposite the baggage hall exit point, and ask what the procedure is if you've prepaid for the car park.

essexeddie
18-01-2016, 00:17
I assume you will be away for more than 7 days when if you pay in advance you only pay for 7 days €75) but can park for 20, otherwise there would be no point in paying in advance. When you did your "dry run" if you had gone onto the main concourse (arrivals/departures) there is an information desk where they speak English and would no doubt have explained the procedure to you. However, and this is just my opinion, as you will have entered your car license plate details when you booked, I feel certain the card you get out of the machine as you enter the car park will already have your details on it and, providing you exit within the time you have paid for, you will be able to exit with nothing to pay. As a safeguard, when you arrive back, you could always go to the information desk, which is almost opposite the baggage hall exit point, and ask what the procedure is if you've prepaid for the car park.

Thanks, good info. BTW I do have a receipt.

tfs1
21-01-2016, 19:45
Thanks, good info. BTW I do have a receipt.

Im sure the parking will be easy - have a good time and see you both in a week or so.