PDA

View Full Version : Property We're looking to hire then relocate to Tenerife

understand
18-01-2016, 11:43
Hello

Can anyone please give my hubby and I some advice re Tenerife?/

We now live in France but are think of relocating - I am English hubby is French/Spanish (although his Spanish is not very good)

We are looking to find a nice village to live in with good transport links to the UK we both really enjoy the game of petanque - hoping to find a friendly village with some social life and reasonably priced restaurants

looking to hire an apt for a month to go and explore - we are not a couple who like to roast in the sun but we do like the sunshine - we went with the family to "Fanabe" last October - enjoyed a great week there we wonder which is best the South or North of Tenerife

Any advise much appreciated if any one knows of a good apt to hire that would be great also any advise re transport links

thanks in advance

Kate and Michel Guijarra.

Margaretta
25-01-2016, 23:19
Kate and Michel, the north and south of the island are very different and without knowing your circumstances it is difficult to offer any assistance. Do you want to work? Have a business? Are retired? Hilly places can be uncomfortable for some. There are many competitive petanque teams in the south and they play in many venues, Los Cristianos being one of them. I don't know about the north. Please clarify if you want to live in a mainly British, Spanish or French community. Germans and Scandinavians tend to be in the north and Russians gravitate to the south but it is changing all the time. Really you should read as much as you can on this Forum about relocating and spend as much time as you can investigating Tenerife itself. people make a big fuss about the north/south climate. You can grow more in the north as it has a bit more rainfall but there isn't a massive difference. It's a very warm island: temperatures and people.

understand
12-02-2016, 12:05
Hello I have been looking all yesterday for your e-mail I am so so sorry not to have written early we had a problem with our computer which has only now been fixed MANY APOLOGIES

HOW VERY NICE CAN GOOD OF YOU TO WRITE TO ME I am 66 and English my hubby is French and 69 we are hopeing to locate to a nice village with access to shops and buses routes we do go back to the Uk about 6 times a year

We are now in France and we have joined a group that play petaque which we both enjoy and my hubby has recently joined a club that play the card game “Tatot”- but this is only once a week and really we would like to go out more- I am tired of watching television at night
we would both like to move to somewhere where there is a friendly community with activities and clubs so we can have a good social life - my hubby loves gardening so it will be probably be me who goes and more to clubs.societes lotto/bingo etc
We went to Tenerife with our family last October and had a super time we loved the cheapy eating out and we are really keen to come back again any advice re a nice apt to rent for a month in Novemeber will be great

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR KINDNESS IN RELPLYING anything you can tell us re living in Tenerife North or South will be super

All the best and good weekend to you
Kate and MichelGuijarro