PDA

View Full Version : Other Iceland is closing!

Newforest
21-01-2016, 21:26
Iceland is closing in Las Americas from 23rd January!!!

The other three at Las Chafiras, Los Christianos and San Eugenio remain open.

As this is the first mention on the Forum, obviously the lack of customers would be the reason. There is very little stock remaining at the time of this wrting.

imablue
21-01-2016, 21:47
Spoke with a mate who works there (or did) and he said last week that the lease is up and Overseas are not prepared to continue operating from the place ...and the stock in there was being taken to the other stores,so he said sorry mate there are no bargains to be had ....:nono:

tfs1
21-01-2016, 23:53

As this is the first mention on the Forum, obviously the lack of customers would be the reason. There is very little stock remaining at the time of this wrting.

just to clarify - closure got mentioned on 10 Jan on Re: price comparison thread iceland vs spanish supermarkets thread.

LUCKY
22-01-2016, 00:55

I would like to refute your claim that this is first mention. please please keep up and see the date when i announced this to world from here in Lower GDS.:flatcap::feret::feret::feret::feret:

http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/showthread.php?39736-price-comparison-thread-iceland-vs-spanish-supermarkets/page2

Tony the Welder
22-01-2016, 01:40
Yes, I was there today and they are taking the place apart. Another possible reason for the closure is the rumour that the building has been condemned as unsafe.

I heard this too from a member of staff. I called down the other day and picked up vouchers for 5 euros off for a £30 euro spend at their other stores in Tenerife

Angusjim
22-01-2016, 10:11
Henry & Amanda are you happy now:laugh:

amanda
22-01-2016, 22:26
Sorry dont understand why you have wrote this am I happy now :zzz: