PDA

View Full Version : Paperwork How can I get a copy of my NIE from 13 years ago?

helena246
28-01-2016, 06:06
I was given an NIE number 13 years ago but have mislaid the sheet of paper that it was issued on back then
i do not have a copy and do not know the number ( very careless of me )
I am led to believe that your NIE number is indefinite
does anyone know of a person who was in the same situation and what were they advised to do.

MANY THANKS FOR ANY HELP

Rickiebear
28-01-2016, 06:52
Hi, I assume you obtained you NIE number for a specific purpose. So it will appear on bank details, electricity, water bills etc.

helena246
28-01-2016, 14:29
Hi, I assume you obtained you NIE number for a specific purpose. So it will appear on bank details, electricity, water bills etc.

I obtained the number at the time as I had considered buying property, but have not used it for any of the purposes you have
stated.
but that is a good point to consider
ALL HELP AND IDEAS ARE GRATEFULLY ACCEPTED

Mia
28-01-2016, 16:15
This is only a thought, but as you live in London the Spanish Consulate office might be able to help.

They do arrange NIE numbers because I obtained mine from the Consulate office a year or so before moving to Tenerife. Although the actual number was issued from Madrid.

You would probably have to go in person with your passport and possibly birth certificate.

If they can't help they may be able to tell you how to go about recovering it.

Good luck.

helena246
28-01-2016, 17:27
This is only a thought, but as you live in London the Spanish Consulate office might be able to help.

They do arrange NIE numbers because I obtained mine from the Consulate office a year or so before moving to Tenerife. Although the actual number was issued from Madrid.

You would probably have to go in person with your passport and possibly birth certificate.

If they can't help they may be able to tell you how to go about recovering it.

Good luck.

I am in Tenerife at the moment and am looking for anyone who has lost there NIE documentation and knows the procedure

Tony the Welder
29-01-2016, 01:57
I was given an NIE number 13 years ago but have mislaid the sheet of paper that it was issued on back then
i do not have a copy and do not know the number ( very careless of me )
I am led to believe that your NIE number is indefinite
does anyone know of a person who was in the same situation and what were they advised to do.

MANY THANKS FOR ANY HELP

It is possible to apply for a duplicate NIE certificate from the same National Police station where it was originally issued. You would have to go in person and the procedure would be the same as when first applying.