PDA

View Full Version : Four year old threads !!

Toomeye
31-01-2016, 22:33
Hi my name is Thomas grant and I have just joined Tenerife forum and I have no idea if I'm doing this right please bare with me .
I used to work in the merry monk in los Cristianos 1994-1997 I stayed in los Cristianos for nearly 12 years .in an effort to try an find some old friends I was searching google for David Whittaker merry monk only to find that sadly he had passed away, the threads that had been posted are four years old so I don't know if I posted anything there if it would be seen(this is new to me)
So I hope it's not inappropriate to offer my condolences on your forum.
David Whittaker was the Christmas decorations master I have a tear in my eye.

Thank you for your time perhaps you know me it would be good to hear from someone I know as my search for old friends ain't going too well .
Thomas grant

Ecky Thump
31-01-2016, 23:55
Welcome to the forum, I'm sure that you will find some old friends here.:hello:

Toomeye
01-02-2016, 00:29
Thanks very much ,trouble is its been 12 yrs since I was there and I remember how quick everything changes friends going back to uk,pubs and bars changing hands.i worked in snowdons butchers in cc Apollo before I worked in the monk can you remember Bob snowdon ? ,Sheila and John from the shires Jackie and kenny from San Marino vince and Jackie from cheers bar ?

Malteser Monkey
01-02-2016, 10:26
Thanks very much ,trouble is its been 12 yrs since I was there and I remember how quick everything changes friends going back to uk,pubs and bars changing hands.i worked in snowdons butchers in cc Apollo before I worked in the monk can you remember Bob snowdon ? ,Sheila and John from the shires Jackie and kenny from San Marino vince and Jackie from cheers bar ?

I was there in the 90's I was working in Murphys 92/93 then other jobs, spent a lot of time in the Kangaroo

Welcome let's see if you find any lost friends

Toomeye
01-02-2016, 13:46
Murphys rings a bell where was it and where was the kageroo

Malteser Monkey
01-02-2016, 14:16
Murphys rings a bell where was it and where was the kageroo

Murphys was under Torres de Yomely / next to Linekars, Kangaroo was in Veronicas next block to Waikiki Bar

Toomeye
01-02-2016, 16:28
I remember murphys but I didn't spend a lot time in las Americas I was in los Cristianos in 1990 -91 I worked in desperate dans with my sister heather there were a lot of opc's there at the time. Long John ,hotpot,Dave 10 , scouse Carl

Malteser Monkey
01-02-2016, 16:59
I remember murphys but I didn't spend a lot time in las Americas I was in los Cristianos in 1990 -91 I worked in desperate dans with my sister heather there were a lot of opc's there at the time. Long John ,hotpot,Dave 10 , scouse Carl

I really only went to Cristianos to eat/shop

90's was the best time to have been there (IMO):D

Carol55
01-02-2016, 17:46
Murphys was under Torres de Yomely / next to Linekars, Kangaroo was in Veronicas next block to Waikiki Bar

Reading your posts are like asking a Londoner for directions..turn left at The Walkiki, then right at Murphy's, go past the Old Bush, the left at The ??. You certainly know all the pubs!!:p

JaBBa
01-02-2016, 18:37
Toomeye James (Son) has still got The Merry Monk but either James or the bar have a facebook page...

kingbaker
01-02-2016, 18:47
I really only went to Cristianos to eat/shop

90's was the best time to have been there (IMO):D

Monkey didn't use a glass as had a Canula at all times for mainlining Dorada:D:D

marbro8
01-02-2016, 19:01
Reading your posts are like asking a Londoner for directions..turn left at The Walkiki, then right at Murphy's, go past the Old Bush, the left at The ??. You certainly know all the pubs!!:pi wouldn't walk past the old bush. i would go in:laugh::D

Toomeye
01-02-2016, 19:24
Thanks for that I'm not on Facebook I don't spend a lot of time online but I'll check it out !!

TOTO 99
01-02-2016, 21:33
i wouldn't walk past the old bush. i would go in:laugh::D

Remember when we used to vote on here for the post of the year?........I'm starting it up again for 2016 and yours will win....:lol:

marbro8
02-02-2016, 00:07
Remember when we used to vote on here for the post of the year?........I'm starting it up again for 2016 and yours will win....:lol: at least a couple of you got it:laugh:i was toying with the idea of saying "for a drink" but thought it would breech some sort of forum law on decency :crylaughing::crylaughing::crylaughing:

Malteser Monkey
02-02-2016, 09:42
Reading your posts are like asking a Londoner for directions..turn left at The Walkiki, then right at Murphy's, go past the Old Bush, the left at The ??. You certainly know all the pubs!!:p

Soooo many jokes sooo little time - and a possible ban:rofl::rofl:

Carol55
02-02-2016, 11:38
Soooo many jokes sooo little time - and a possible ban:rofl::rofl:

As long as it's not a joke about a burning bush and a chemist - then you should be ok.:p

Malteser Monkey
02-02-2016, 11:49
As long as it's not a joke about a burning bush and a chemist - then you should be ok.:p

I don't know that one best not google it at work me thinks:D