PDA

View Full Version : Cars & Transport Advice needed re flight cancellations

golazzo
01-02-2016, 20:02
Good evening all

Due to our daughter being very ill in hospital and looking like a long road to recovery ( fingers crossed ) we will have to cancel our flights to Tenerife next Month.

Now with not having purchased any insurance we understand that we will lose all monies paid. In the grand scheme of things it's not much anyway. £585 for 3 flights from Manchester for 9 nights with Monarch

Are there any alternative solutions other than ring Monarch and say we won't be travelling

Carol55
01-02-2016, 20:06
Good evening all

Due to our daughter being very ill in hospital and looking like a long road to recovery ( fingers crossed ) we will have to cancel our flights to Tenerife next Month.

Now with not having purchased any insurance we understand that we will lose all monies paid. In the grand scheme of things it's not much anyway. £585 for 3 flights from Manchester for 9 nights with Monarch

Are there any alternative solutions other than ring Monarch and say we won't be travelling

A quick thought would be to find out if the flights are transferable to other people and the cost involved, then set a price that you want for them and sell them, maybe even here as Manchester is a popular airport with lots of forum members. :idea:

fixer
01-02-2016, 20:58
Name Changes £100.00 (€140,00) £120.00 (€168,00) £120.00 (€168,00)
Flight Date/Time Changes £35.00 (€49,00) per passenger, per way £40.00 (€56,00)per passenger, per way £40.00 (€56,00)per passenger, per way

TOTO 99
01-02-2016, 21:27
I think Fixer has it right above. Put your flight on hold. You might need to tag it on to a flight in the future, say Oct / Nov when the situation is hopefully more clear but it's £40 each rather than lose the whole thing. Even if things work out better than you think and you want to change again, it's still less than just dumping it.

Good luck, I've been in your horrendous position. My daughter is now completely fine. She was minutes from death with a blood clot and now to look at her you'd never know. I'm sure it'll be the same for you and your's....:tiphat:

golazzo
02-02-2016, 07:11
I think Fixer has it right above. Put your flight on hold. You might need to tag it on to a flight in the future, say Oct / Nov when the situation is hopefully more clear but it's £40 each rather than lose the whole thing. Even if things work out better than you think and you want to change again, it's still less than just dumping it.

Good luck, I've been in your horrendous position. My daughter is now completely fine. She was minutes from death with a blood clot and now to look at her you'd never know. I'm sure it'll be the same for you and your's....:tiphat:

I'm glad you got your daughter back to full health. Mines healthy in herself but in another world ( vacant and talking random in a different accent ).

Our holiday October was already a package to the Villa Cortes so unless we can book flight only for around May/June ( fingers crossed ) then we will just have to be no show

Malteser Monkey
02-02-2016, 10:21
I hope she recovers soon must be a real worry

macdonald5
02-02-2016, 10:36
Oh dear this sounds so,so sad, do hope road to recovery is not too long Best wishes to you & family

bennoa1
02-02-2016, 22:23
If you have a medical reason why you cant fly you should be able to get a refund so speak with Monarch We're just going through the process with Ryanair. If not then the transfer of name or date is the best option.

golazzo
03-02-2016, 17:03
Cheers everyone for your input. Phoning Monarch is on my list to do chores tomorrow in between hospital visits

melm
03-02-2016, 19:23
Cheers everyone for your input. Phoning Monarch is on my list to do chores tomorrow in between hospital visits

Good luck with it all and best wishes to your daughter. Hope she makes a full recovery :goodluck:

timmylish
03-02-2016, 23:31
Maybe I,m way out of current rules but have you thought of speaking to your c/c company. They might offer you something in the grand scheme of things. Anyway, first and foremost, your daughter. Do everything possible to get her health issues resolved asap. All the very best of luck on this.

golazzo
13-02-2016, 08:20
Spoke with Monarch and for a cost of £35 e/w per person which is deducted from the original booking then they allow the amount left has a credit for a 12 month period.

macdonald5
13-02-2016, 09:50
Spoke with Monarch and for a cost of £35 e/w per person which is deducted from the original booking then they allow the amount left has a credit for a 12 month period.

Suppose £385 credit is bit of a result and hopefully within a year your daughter will be recovering well

Ecky Thump
13-02-2016, 11:44

Good news for you, so it worked out as TOTO 99 suggested.:c2:

Let's all hope that the good news continues with the health of your daughter.:)

TOTO 99
13-02-2016, 12:26
Good news for you, so it worked out as TOTO 99 suggested.:c2:

Let's all hope that the good news continues with the health of your daughter.:)

And once again, modesty prevents me from taking the credit............well, that and the fact that it was Fixer in the post above mine who came up with it...:laugh:

fixer
13-02-2016, 16:47
Good it worked out.

Ecky Thump
13-02-2016, 22:03
And once again, modesty prevents me from taking the credit...........well, that and the fact that it was Fixer in the post above mine who came up with it...:laugh:

That's not what Angusjim says, he says that when he meets you you for a drink, then you snatch his credit card out of his fat wallet, not that he gets it out that very often!:laugh:

TOTO 99
14-02-2016, 09:42
That's not what Angusjim says, he says that when he meets you you for a drink, then you snatch his credit card out of his fat wallet, not that he gets it out that very often!:laugh:

I realised early on that he wasn't a big spender when I saw his credit card was from the BCCI bank....:lol:

Angusjim
14-02-2016, 09:47
I realised early on that he wasn't a big spender when I saw his credit card was from the BCCI bank....:lol:

Will you and that plastic Scotsman wee the funny accent leave me alone:angry: