PDA

View Full Version : Other Pick pocket reported in Los Cristianos

essexeddie
04-02-2016, 22:13
Another reported pocket picked this evening between Charlys and Victoria Court 1. LC. By two Eastern European guys. Fortunately the victims managed to retrieve the wallet.

tfs1
19-02-2016, 14:46
Another reported pocket picked this evening between Charlys and Victoria Court 1. LC. By two Eastern European guys. Fortunately the victims managed to retrieve the wallet.

Sadly another victim last night had his wallet lifted in the local area - not too sure of the details. Regretably he is probably a typical victim, elderly, not too quick on his feet as is his wife. Lost his wallet with a number of cards in it. Not sure if the pickpockets are really interested in cards or just after cash.

jeste747
19-02-2016, 20:48
I had my purse lifted by a gang of Eastern europeans in Las Galletas last week. I couldnt believe it all happened so quickly. They seem to have been only interested in the cash, as the bank cards were found later the same day in Las Chafiras and the Police found my purse with driving licences etc in Los Cristanos on Tuesday of this week. So be aware, they are everywhere.

marbro8
19-02-2016, 20:55
I had my purse lifted by a gang of Eastern europeans in Las Galletas last week. I couldnt believe it all happened so quickly. They seem to have been only interested in the cash, as the bank cards were found later the same day in Las Chafiras and the Police found my purse with driving licences etc in Los Cristanos on Tuesday of this week. So be aware, they are everywhere.sorry to hear that. i myself have been pickpocketed a few years ago. and if i hadn't had my whits about me, i would have been done again last year. but never fear the police are putting a lot of their resources into catching illegal taxi's at the moment. so when they have finished with that then we may get some attention paid to catching these scumbags:(

Leam_Lin
19-02-2016, 22:28
Why go out with more than 1 card, just take cash for the night.

Ecky Thump
19-02-2016, 22:42
Why go out with more than 1 card, just take cash for the night.

If I've got any more than €50 when I'm out in Tenerife, Carol has a very secure place where she keeps it, clue where it is.....T-cup. Even I wouldn't try to steal the money! :D

marbro8
19-02-2016, 22:47
Why go out with more than 1 card, just take cash for the night.i have said it many times. but unfortunately not everyone that goes to tenerife looks in on here:(. all we can do is warn members

blondie
19-02-2016, 23:09
Well I for one wont hold my breath waiting for the police to do anything about it . We have the same thing year in year out and so it goes on and on .
In LasAmericas there are now a few no go areas and what gets me is that its the same folk each night that are preying on tourists . The hair braiders always hunted in packs at night for the drunk guys but we now have a lot of other girls not waiting till dark who don't care who see them at it .

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

On the Tenerife facebook site tonight people have actually put photographs of the pickpockets on for everyone to see . Mind you , why should they hide , no one ever does
anything about them , they are free to do as they please .

Leam_Lin
20-02-2016, 00:09
The picture tonight was around the Harleys Bar area, 2males/2females looked twentyish & eastern european targeting older couples, when shouted at & photos taken they went off in the direction of Club Atlantis. It,s sad to say but if anyone comes close to you be very wary & if they start asking directions etc. do not answer & do not let them stop you.

marbro8
20-02-2016, 00:17
The picture tonight was around the Harleys Bar area, 2males/2females looked twentyish & eastern european targeting older couples, when shouted at & photos taken they went off in the direction of Club Atlantis. It,s sad to say but if anyone comes close to you be very wary & if they start asking directions etc. do not answer & do not let them stop you.i know what you are saying is right 100% but it is just not in our nature:(

jeste747
20-02-2016, 10:34
Good point, but in my case it was 11.30 in the morning.

information
20-02-2016, 11:14
People really must stop blaming the police as they can only do what the law allows. The law states unless the value of the stolen goods is over 400€ a warning is all that can be given. I have seen with my own eyes over the past few weeks the police targeting these pickpockets at the Los Cristianos bus station. On both occasions they sat them down in a row, emptied their pockets and took their ID details. If they cannot prove the crime is over 400€ there is not much they can do. Crazy law but until it is changed that is the law.

As for carry only what you need, that is fine if the apartment where you are staying has a good safe, not one that cost 30€ from the local hardware store held to the wall by two 6mm rawl plugs. I have yet to see a private rental apartment with a safe that I could not rip from the wall in seconds, most are no more than tin cans.

I use one of these when I travel http://www.amazon.co.uk/Quality-Leather-Secret-Zipper-Pocket/dp/B006R72BMK and would recommend them to everyone. I can fit over 1500€ in once the notes are rolled up.

There is a lot that people could do to help themselves.

macdonald5
20-02-2016, 14:58
Surely these incidents must have a negative effect on bars and restaurants , I know we are now giving a miss to bars or restaurants that mean a quiet,darkish area to walk home
We were approached a couple of years ago near Harley's by two guys in my face but managed to roar so loud they made off but did make us ultra careful
Maybe another reason all inclusive hotels are thriving .....not for us ...yet !!

tfs1
23-02-2016, 11:58
Another attempted theft yesterday evening on the walk up from Charlys to Victoria Court, a man nearly lost his wallet but the thief didn't manage to get it and then jumped into a waiting car.

candy2411
23-02-2016, 13:07
Good point, but in my case it was 11.30 in the morning.

sorry to hear about loss of your purse at Las Galletas, could I just ask whereabouts this happened, in the town , along sea front , bus stop etc I've got some friends visiting soon and just want to pre warn them , thanks

tub
23-02-2016, 21:06
in leicester there are a gang of pick pockets operating in the city center they have dipped 36 people up to today these are described as eastern european it seems that every time there is a outbreak of this kind its always the same discription of them its something to think about

jeste747
24-02-2016, 12:44
Between the Cultral Centre and a couple of roads in towards town. I know this can happen anywhere but I just thought to remaind people to be on their guard. My advice would be dont let people push you to one side, my husband and I got separated by them and thats how they managed it in my case.

sorry to hear about loss of your purse at Las Galletas, could I just ask whereabouts this happened, in the town , along sea front , bus stop etc I've got some friends visiting soon and just want to pre warn them , thanks

Leam_Lin
24-02-2016, 14:45
It's a sad world we live in, even in our local Spa shop an elderly lady had withdrew money from the ATM in there, a couple must have been watching her pin numbers, followed her home & did a distraction burgulary & within hours money taken from her account. They are a lot of eastern european pick pockets (I went to the police station 15 years or so & reported them) but there are also lots of other scummy types ready to steal. Best thing is not to put temptation in their way.

trevorife2
24-02-2016, 21:20
Last week i was approached by 2 really really ugly woman who tried to get close (told them to go away) then during the night i was asked by our african friends if i want my hair braided (ive got hardly any hair lol) and then at the los cris bus stop me and my mate were asked for directions to the rock cafe ? Seemed odd as when we directed her there she didn't bother to listen ??? Anyway thats my first real problems in Tenerife and hopefully the last.

Ecky Thump
24-02-2016, 21:31
Last week I was approached by 2 really ugly women who tried to get close (told them to go away) then during the night i was asked by our african friends if i want my hair braided (ive got hardly any hair lol) and then at the los cris bus stop me and my mate were asked for directions to the rock cafe ? Seemed odd as when we directed her there she didn't bother to listen ??? Anyway thats my first real problems in Tenerife and hopefully the last.

I shall have a word with marbro8 's wife and mine to behave in the future.:devil2:

trevorife2
24-02-2016, 21:52
I shall have a word with marbro8 's wife and mine to behave in the future.:devil2:

Come to mention it the one did have a strong walsall accent !!!!

marbro8
24-02-2016, 23:17
I shall have a word with marbro8 's wife and mine to behave in the future.:devil2:i don't think i can put on a family forum what san has just called you:lol:

Ecky Thump
24-02-2016, 23:20
i don't think i can put on a family forum what san has just called you:lol:

I'm sure that Sandra has called you a lot worse! :D

marbro8
24-02-2016, 23:30
I'm sure that Sandra has called you a lot worse! :Dshe is in fits of hysterics here:lol: and is sure that carol has called you worse:crylaughing:

maxbaby
05-03-2016, 14:11
same thing happened to us...very late walking home one night and stopped by 2 men asking for directions. very suspicious, so since then we don't venture too far from apartment if we do (late at night) we have to take a taxi! its such a shame when this makes you feel so vulnerable!!

kingbaker
05-03-2016, 15:03
in leicester there are a gang of pick pockets operating in the city center they have dipped 36 people up to today these are described as eastern european it seems that every time there is a outbreak of this kind its always the same discription of them its something to think about

Probably Eastern Leicesterians!! They all look the same!!

:D:devil2:

tub
06-03-2016, 12:40
the police arrested 5 rumanians for the dipping out break 60 people had been done they were released on bail i wonder if they will appear in court or disappear into thin air

tfs1
10-07-2016, 18:21
Followed a couple of pickpockets today while walking up from Lewinski's towards Cristian Sur - they were following a disabled lady in wheelchair and her elderly male companion.

The two scum, a local (the dipper) and his mate - white, tall, thin, spitting every minute or two, looks like he was keen to get his next fix.

Just as the local man was putting his jumper over his arm to get ready to dip (today in the sun it was +35c so a jumper ?) he looked around and saw me looking him.

They slowed down, we slowed down, he kept looking around and I was still there looking at him so it was very clear what they were up to. They stopped, we stopped, I pretended to look at my phone. They gave up, crossed the road before getting to Cristian Sur and the lady in the wheelchair and her friend went on their way.

blondie
10-07-2016, 18:48
Followed a couple of pickpockets today while walking up from Lewinski's towards Cristian Sur - they were following a disabled lady in wheelchair and her elderly male companion.

The two scum, a local (the dipper) and his mate - white, tall, thin, spitting every minute or two, looks like he was keen to get his next fix.

Just as the local man was putting his jumper over his arm to get ready to dip (today in the sun it was +35c so a jumper ?) he looked around and saw me looking him.

They slowed down, we slowed down, he kept looking around and I was still there looking at him so it was very clear what they were up to. They stopped, we stopped, I pretended to look at my phone. They gave up, crossed the road before getting to Cristian Sur and the lady in the wheelchair and her friend went on their way.

Well done you !! I hope you are about the next time I am approached . Its funny but one of the times they managed to get me , this was before I was up to their dodges , some one said to me , yes , they always target the elderly . I was gobsmacked as we certainly don't feel elderly and my husband give him a good run for the money he stole

tfs1
10-07-2016, 19:53
Well done you !! I hope you are about the next time I am approached . Its funny but one of the times they managed to get me , this was before I was up to their dodges , some one said to me , yes , they always target the elderly . I was gobsmacked as we certainly don't feel elderly and my husband give him a good run for the money he stole

I just seem to smell them ! - a woolly jumper on a day like today - it just wanted right and they somehow picked up that I was watching them, the dipper kept looking and I kept looking at him ! Sadly they would have doubled back to the bus station and got someone else.

junglejim
11-07-2016, 08:07
Scumbag dipping a girls bag( Singer Amy Winehouse tribute) in San Eugenio Bar last week - image from CCTV- distinctive T-shirt - keep an eye out for him !
Stole her iPhone with all her music etc !

www.facebook.com/rsrc.php/v2/y4/r/-PAXP-deijE.gif

Leam_Lin
11-07-2016, 08:59
Scumbag dipping a girls bag( Singer Amy Winehouse tribute) in San Eugenio Bar last week - image from CCTV- distinctive T-shirt - keep an eye out for him !
Stole her iPhone with all her music etc !

www.facebook.com/rsrc.php/v2/y4/r/-PAXP-deijE.gif

Jim, I can't get the link to open.

delderek
11-07-2016, 10:25
Jim, I can't get the link to open.

Same here:agree:

junglejim
11-07-2016, 13:51
I can't seem to upload as it's too big a file - technically incompetent !

lsmt971
11-07-2016, 17:24
Good on you TFS1