PDA

View Full Version : Other EU exit. For or against?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

marbro8
08-02-2016, 18:56
I was just looking at the scary comments made by cameron, as to the thousands of migrants and asylum seekers that would flow into the country if we voted to leave the eu:lol. implying that because we would no longer be in the eu. then the french would not let us search the vehicles entering the uk. on french soil. a fat lot of good it's done anyway:lol:. the simple solution would be to build a massive pontoon type barricade across the ENGLISH channel. man it with soldiers with big dogs. search thoroughly every craft and vehicle that wanted to enter the uk. and anyone found trying to get in illegally. send them back to france. trust me. if the french thought that they would have to deal with them. then they would soon close the camps and the borders they let them cross in the first place.and how would it be funded i hear you say? with the billions we would save by NOT being in the eu. and from some of the billions in aid we give away to countries with their own space programme:doh:

marbro8
08-02-2016, 21:49
Hmmmm, 39 views and no replies. Interesting. I don't agree with you, I think the UK is much better in the EU than outside. Nor do I believe the scaremongering stories that certain newspapers print. I don't believe anything I read in the press without researching it, most papers these days don't employ journalists, they just print the latest press releases they receive without questioning the source or the accuracy of the "facts" in the press release.
Of course everyone is entitled to their opinion. Let's hear a few more.well thank you for replying. even if you don't agree:laugh: to be fair it WAS posted a little tongue in cheek;). so people are probably to scared to agree with it:laugh: i do think that we would be better out of europe. but people who know me know i am not as bad as my post sounds;)

Medman
09-02-2016, 00:36
I was just looking at the scary comments made by cameron, as to the thousands of migrants and asylum seekers that would flow into the country if we voted to leave the eu:lol. implying that because we would no longer be in the eu. then the french would not let us search the vehicles entering the uk. on french soil. a fat lot of good it's done anyway:lol:. the simple solution would be to build a massive pontoon type barricade across the ENGLISH channel. man it with soldiers with big dogs. search thoroughly every craft and vehicle that wanted to enter the uk. and anyone found trying to get in illegally. send them back to france. trust me. if the french thought that they would have to deal with them. then they would soon close the camps and the borders they let them cross in the first place.and how would it be funded i hear you say? with the billions we would save by NOT being in the eu. and from some of the billions in aid we give away to countries with their own space programme:doh:

Let's knock down the fence that we all sit on and replace with a big wall and fill in the tunnel - get's my vote.

Hepa
09-02-2016, 00:41
Some years ago, it occurred to us that the U.K. would perhaps leave the E.U., or that Spain/Greece/Italy might be required to exit, or that the E.U. might even crumble or implode.

Being English immigrants, living totally in the Canary islands with no intentions of leaving, to safeguard our interests we both decided to apply for Spanish nationality, which we have done and our applications are under consideration.

No one that I personally know in the U.K. are in favour of remaining in the E.U., their attitudes to the E.U. have dramatically changed in recent years.

Should my voting papers arrive in time, I will vote, however the ballot is confidential………………..

marbro8
09-02-2016, 00:47
:whistle:
Have you got shares in a company that makes pontoons;)? Of course under your plan we would have to fill the Channel Tunnel with concrete, time to buy shares in Portland Cement :laugh:i forgot to mention about filling in the tunnel, i thought that it would be a step to far:laugh::D. i didn't want to seem that anti migrant/asylum seeker;),Don't worry Stewartk i will get some support from ciderhunter warbey and Tel54. i think that my friends Ecky Thump TOTO 99 Medman Angusjim and Malteser Monkey will just give me a wide berth:laugh:

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Let's knock down the fence that we all sit on and replace with a big wall and fill in the tunnel - get's my vote.fair play mate;)

Some years ago, it occurred to us that the U.K. would perhaps leave the E.U., or that Spain/Greece/Italy might be required to exit, or that the E.U. might even crumble or implode.

Being English immigrants, living totally in the Canary islands with no intentions of leaving, to safeguard our interests we both decided to apply for Spanish nationality, which we have done and our applications are under consideration.

No one that I personally know in the U.K. are in favour of remaining in the E.U., their attitudes to the E.U. have dramatically changed in recent years.

Should my voting papers arrive in time, I will vote, however the ballot is confidential………………..i can understand that being a foreign national. you are at the mercy of the people that you live with. i myself always thought of ending our years in tenerife. but as someone who would support the local economy rather than put a drain on it. but after looking further afield i think that america would be a better option;)

Hepa
09-02-2016, 01:14
USA?

Bariloche Argentina perhaps, yea gods wish i was 50 years younger.

Norm de Plume
09-02-2016, 12:18
Any non resident property owner would be foolish to vote to leave the EU. It has taken me 10 years to get parity of treatment on CGT and IHT with the assistance of Brussels and the European Court. Without their protection we would once again be at the mercy of the Spanish Government which regards us as milch cows.

Tshirt
09-02-2016, 12:45
On the immigration issue alone I would vote to leave. We live on an island ffs, controlling our borders shouldn't be that difficult.

Angusjim
09-02-2016, 13:38
Any non resident property owner would be foolish to vote to leave the EU. It has taken me 10 years to get parity of treatment on CGT and IHT with the assistance of Brussels and the European Court. Without their protection we would once again be at the mercy of the Spanish Government which regards us as milch cows.

Really !! probably the most important vote in recent times and you really think that this is a reason to vote to stay in, I have not yet decided which way to vote but I will give no consideration for anything to do with people who choose to invest or stay in another country its about the UK and our children's & grand children's future. I rest my case regarding my post on another thread about non UK residents being able to vote in this:(

candy2411
09-02-2016, 13:39
If we were to leave the EU am I right in thinking any pensioners resident in Canaries would no longer have their state pensions increased and all reciprical agreements re health entitlements would cease.

essexeddie
09-02-2016, 13:49

Sorry but you are no different to the spineless politicians that we all criticize for looking after their own interests rather than the country. How do you think the Russians, Chinese, Swiss and Norwegians fare in Spain. I'm definitely voting out even though I have had a property in Tenerife for thirty years. I put my family and country before my personal interests.

Norm de Plume
09-02-2016, 14:33
I also happen to be pro Europe! 70 years of peace alone has to be worth an awful lot.

Ecky Thump
09-02-2016, 14:50
i forgot to mention about filling in the tunnel, i thought that it would be a step to far:laugh::D. i didn't want to seem that anti migrant/asylum seeker;),Don't worry Stewartk i will get some support from ciderhunter warbey and Tel54. i think that my friends Ecky Thump TOTO 99 Medman Angusjim and Malteser Monkey will just give me a wide berth:laugh:
)

I won't personally give you a wide berth Mark, but on this subject I know very little, apart from the fact that most borders came into existance after centuries of infighting and wars, so I don't want to get involved in arguments with "armchair warriors" who have never seen much of the world apart from what they have seen from looking out from their own back yard.:)

Ricman
09-02-2016, 14:56
I am undecided at the moment, heart & head have separate ideas. However, listening to David Cameron these last few days with his pathetic attempts to con the people are making the exit look more attractive.

Last week he outlined what he had WON for the UK from Brussels. It was not even a tenth of what he should have been opening with. A senior Tory commented " thin gruel watered down "

Yesterday his comments about France closing down the camps was scaremongering on an industrial scale.

The vote will probably be June 23rd. I will listen to the arguments, but if that is the best the stayers have then ???

essexeddie
09-02-2016, 16:18
I dread to think what will happen when Turkey join the EU. All seventy million of them. God help us. If that happens and we are still in then massive changes will happen to our country.

I also happen to be pro Europe! 70 years of peace alone has to be worth an awful lot.

And who was it that brought peace to Europe?

Norm de Plume
09-02-2016, 17:05
Us - together with the Americans, the Russians , the Free French etc, etc.

essexeddie
09-02-2016, 18:07
Us - together with the Americans, the Russians , the Free French etc, etc.

Yup but certainly not people like you ;o)

ciderhunter
09-02-2016, 18:17

The Leave crowd are pro Europe too. It's the tax guzzling useless monster called the EU that I will be voting to leave.
In the Falkand's war Europe did nothing to help. Indeed the Exocet missiles used against us were made in France.

Norm de Plume
09-02-2016, 18:51
Yup but certainly not people like you ;o)

Please stick to the argument rather than resorting to vulgar abuse!

Ecky Thump
09-02-2016, 18:55
Please stick to the argument rather than resorting to vulgar abuse!

Why not use the term "Discussion" rather than "arguement", hence my previous post! :redcard:

stiletto
09-02-2016, 19:25
And who was it that brought peace to Europe?

I think it's more about who (for the most part) maintains peace in Europe? And one could perhaps argue that that's NATO, more than the EU?

TOTO 99
09-02-2016, 20:43
Hmmmm, 39 views and no replies. Interesting. I don't agree with you, I think the UK is much better in the EU than outside. Nor do I believe the scaremongering stories that certain newspapers print. I don't believe anything I read in the press without researching it, most papers these days don't employ journalists, they just print the latest press releases they receive without questioning the source or the accuracy of the "facts" in the press release.
Of course everyone is entitled to their opinion. Let's hear a few more.

Hey Stewie...How are you doing with your request for more opinions then?.....:laugh:

Boy oh boy, this stuff brings out the worst in everyone.......:redcard:

LUCKY
09-02-2016, 21:55
I will vote for whatever my wife tells me to vote for ! :flatcap:

Angusjim
10-02-2016, 07:43

But your main reason for staying in is concerns about your tax position in Tenerife and the 70 years peace comes a close second:rolleyes:

marbro8
10-02-2016, 08:58
I also happen to be pro Europe! 70 years of peace alone has to be worth an awful lot.weigh that up with the burden on our nhs over the next 70 years plus. The chronic housing shortage for indigenous people of Britain.the benefit system etc etc

Norm de Plume
10-02-2016, 09:40
I was a leading participant in the 1975 campaign, and have been a lifelong European. That does not mean that it is not in need of reform, which we can better achieve from within.

essexeddie
10-02-2016, 10:44
Once we are out they can do what they like. Wont be our concern.
I was all for it in the beginning but its now not what we voted for.
Sorry but it cant servive. There are big problems ahead and I beleive we would be better out of it.
We are never going to agree. We will have to see what happens this year. Interesting times ahead.

TOTO 99
10-02-2016, 12:28
It's pretty much as I expected. I decided just to say I don't agree with a Brexit without giving any reasons because it's unlikely anything I say will change minds. I'm a resident of Tenerife but I still have a deep regard for the UK and I will be voting in the referendum.
Just to get a different perspective I asked my Canarian friend Juan what he thought about Brits and a possible Brexit. He said " They come over here and take our jobs, wave their fat wallets around and push up house prices and rents, fill up our schools and force us to employ extra teachers because the kids can't speak Spanish, they overburden our health service and the police spend most of their time dealing with the crime and drunkeness of you Brits. Some of them refuse to integrate, they can't or won't learn Spanish and expect everyone to speak English and if you can't they get abusive. I know that if they leave the EU it will hit our economy but we can hit them with taxes if they leave the EU so if they want to stay they can pay for the services they are abusing. I remember under Franco and before we joined the EU it was better, we still had holiday-makers coming here but not in the numbers we get now, and they were better behaved. Of course we should re-introduce the need for them to buy visas before they come, maybe that will encourage them to go somewhere else, although I think the rest of Europe will do the same. Of course it's not just the Brits who are a problem, we could do with discouraging some of the others and get our country back".

He needs to stop sitting on the fence....:lol:

Angusjim
10-02-2016, 13:23
It's pretty much as I expected. I decided just to say I don't agree with a Brexit without giving any reasons because it's unlikely anything I say will change minds. I'm a resident of Tenerife but I still have a deep regard for the UK and I will be voting in the referendum.
Just to get a different perspective I asked my Canarian friend Juan what he thought about Brits and a possible Brexit. He said " They come over here and take our jobs, wave their fat wallets around and push up house prices and rents, fill up our schools and force us to employ extra teachers because the kids can't speak Spanish, they overburden our health service and the police spend most of their time dealing with the crime and drunkeness of you Brits. Some of them refuse to integrate, they can't or won't learn Spanish and expect everyone to speak English and if you can't they get abusive. I know that if they leave the EU it will hit our economy but we can hit them with taxes if they leave the EU so if they want to stay they can pay for the services they are abusing. I remember under Franco and before we joined the EU it was better, we still had holiday-makers coming here but not in the numbers we get now, and they were better behaved. Of course we should re-introduce the need for them to buy visas before they come, maybe that will encourage them to go somewhere else, although I think the rest of Europe will do the same. Of course it's not just the Brits who are a problem, we could do with discouraging some of the others and get our country back".

Ah the old my "friend " said routine,:lol: but I take it he does not object to the 1000's of Spaniards coming to the UK and taking jobs / benefits and using our health service then? Who cares what Juan thinks anyway its our vote and I am only concerned about how it will affect the UK. Anyway I have a "fat wallet" and can holiday anywhere I want:eyebrows:

willowlily
10-02-2016, 13:23

I am afraid your statement that your canarian friend accuses us brits " WAVING THEIR FAT WALLET " makes their argument NULL & VOID
I wish most of the people coming to live in the uk were doing the same.
in the end it is down to money, can we afford to stay in the eu when the future looks very expensive for uk taxpayers

Ricman
10-02-2016, 13:56
Juan eyed Juan!

marbro8
10-02-2016, 13:57
Just to get a different perspective I asked my Canarian friend Juan what he thought about Brits and a possible Brexit. He said " They come over here and take our jobs, wave their fat wallets around and push up house prices and rents, fill up our schools and force us to employ extra teachers because the kids can't speak Spanish, they overburden our health service and the police spend most of their time dealing with the crime and drunkeness of you Brits. Some of them refuse to integrate, they can't or won't learn Spanish and expect everyone to speak English and if you can't they get abusive. I know that if they leave the EU it will hit our economy but we can hit them with taxes if they leave the EU so if they want to stay they can pay for the services they are abusing. I remember under Franco and before we joined the EU it was better, we still had holiday-makers coming here but not in the numbers we get now, and they were better behaved. Of course we should re-introduce the need for them to buy visas before they come, maybe that will encourage them to go somewhere else, although I think the rest of Europe will do the same. Of course it's not just the Brits who are a problem, we could do with discouraging some of the others and get our country back".at least we bring fat wallets instead of diseases(that they want curing for nothing)and begging bowls:dontknow:

Angusjim
10-02-2016, 13:59
at least we bring fat wallets instead of diseases(that they want curing for nothing)and begging bowls:dontknow:

You leave Ecky oot oh this

Ecky Thump
10-02-2016, 14:42
at least we bring fat wallets instead of diseases(that they want curing for nothing)and begging bowls:dontknow:

You leave Ecky oot oh this

Flight booked......Tenerife here I come!!

I've also decided to bring the wife with me. :D

jack oakley
10-02-2016, 15:01

With great reluctance I would have to agree with Norm de Plume, I would dearly like to see an Independent United Kingdom but that now is a far distant dream. It is 10 years too late for the UK to exit the EU as the UK has been slowly but surely invaded from without and 'within' and will soon have to succumb to the wills and demands of those who wish to eradicate the freedom our ancestors fought so hard for. Ex pats and non-residents are already being used as an abundant money tree by both the Spanish government and local authorities, a typical 'for instance' is the latest so called 'water levy' imposed on the (mostly ex-pat and non-resident population) of the Amarilla Golf by San Miguel council. This is a blatant travesty that San Miguel council officials know will go unchallenged and will raise an extra two hundred thousand euros a year, God help the place if the UK were to leave the EU, they would very likely bring in a Spanish fresh air breath tax that UK residents would be forced to pay and UK non-resident owners would be subject to an annual 50% property value tax and unoccupied properties would be snatched and given to asylum seekers. VOTE TO STAY IN THE EU. Jack.O

marbro8
10-02-2016, 15:38
With great reluctance I would have to agree with Norm de Plume, I would dearly like to see an Independent United Kingdom but that now is a far distant dream. It is 10 years too late for the UK to exit the EU as the UK has been slowly but surely invaded from without and 'within' and will soon have to succumb to the wills and demands of those who wish to eradicate the freedom our ancestors fought so hard for. Ex pats and non-residents are already being used as an abundant money tree by both the Spanish government and local authorities, a typical 'for instance' is the latest so called 'water levy' imposed on the (mostly ex-pat and non-resident population) of the Amarilla Golf by San Miguel council. This is a blatant travesty that San Miguel council officials know will go unchallenged and will raise an extra two hundred thousand euros a year, God help the place if the UK were to leave the EU, they would very likely bring in a Spanish fresh air breath tax that UK residents would be forced to pay and UK non-resident owners would be subject to an annual 50% property value tax and unoccupied properties would be snatched and given to asylum seekers. VOTE TO STAY IN THE EU. Jack.O I can understand your reasons being a resident in tenerife. But we are talking about the repercussions of the whole of the U.K. And OUR future. And the future of our kids and their kids. A few thousand Brits living the dream on a paradise isle just doesn't cut it. Against the future of over 60 million

amanda
10-02-2016, 16:35
Im going to give my imput iam married to a canarian now next week forty years, he went to the uk to study and work, we never had any state handouts what we hve got is through hard work, our children had to make the decision at 21yrs of age to to be Spanish or english nationality. They chose British why as the father said if it wasnt the uk I wouldn't hve what I have now

essexeddie
10-02-2016, 18:15
Sorry Amanda but what has that got to do with a Brexit?.

warbey
10-02-2016, 18:24
How can aPatriot voteFOR. Without becomingatraitor.? We were responsibleforthe70years of peaceandremember Our heroes at theCenotapheach year. Seems to me 70 Years on that We stopped fighting whilst being conquered by Stealth. All the moneywants in. Our wardead will turn in their graves.

Peanuts
10-02-2016, 18:40
How far do you want to go? UK leaves EU and at the next referendum UK splits into 4 states and London.

amanda
10-02-2016, 18:58
Read the post that angus jim wrote maybe you will understand , this post is getting all kinds of different opinions, im out now cant be bothered
Maybe I should write in spanish

marbro8
10-02-2016, 19:51
How far do you want to go? UK leaves EU and at the next referendum UK splits into 4 states and London.i don't think that the british people want to be separated. they only had a vote in scotland because some loony's thought that they would be better off without the rest of the uk.thankfully most of the Scottish people saw sense and voted against it. and i think they are probably glad they did with oil now being $10 a barrel.the welsh wouldn't want to split from the uk. where would they generate any meaningful income from?.we have ALL got a common enemy. the EU. they have not only tried to tie our hands behind our backs by bringing that stupid rights bill. leaving terrorists and criminals to laugh at justice. they have tried to bleed us dry. and tell us that even though we are a small island. we have to take in migrants from other countries even though most of them just want to claim benefits and become health tourists. we are better together and if we vote to come out of the EU then my belief that we will be better off and stronger under our own sovereignty

Ecky Thump
10-02-2016, 19:54
How far do you want to go? UK leaves EU and at the next referendum UK splits into 4 states and London.

As far as the self-centred NIckerless:wink: Sturgeon and the SNP are concerned, the U.K leaving the EU would play right into their hands and leave them to have another referendum asking for a independant Scotland, which in my opinion would be a catastrophe.
The next question would be, would then the Welsh and the Northern Irish people want to follow that example....which ever way it goes, there are many pitfalls ahead for the UK. :dontknow:

tub
10-02-2016, 21:01
i am an outer because it seems to me only germany and france run the eu and everyone else has to do what they say. german prime minister said let the migrants come in then when the german people said enough she said no more in germany but by that time how many more had decided to come because of the open door policy i think there is a few more countries wishing they could get out not just us

marbro8
10-02-2016, 22:57
Independence for England I say and send all those immigrants back to Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. Oh, hang on, that will mean a Tory government for ever.better the next 10 years with conservative than jeremy corbin:nono:

Ecky Thump
10-02-2016, 23:25
better the next 10 years with conservative than jeremy corbin:nono:

I was going to say...better ten years with Old Scottish Nickerless than Corbyn and then thought better of it. :D

marbro8
10-02-2016, 23:41
I was going to say...better ten years with Old Scottish Nickerless than Corbyn and then thought better of it. :Dto be honest eric. even though i voted for cameron in the last election. i don't actually like what he has turned into now. but when he said that he would give us a vote to either stay in or exit the EU i jumped at it. because labour wouldn't give us that choice. but i think that he shot himself in the foot when promising that vote even though it got him into power.. i think he thought that he would have time to change the british voters minds to stay in the EU. but underestimated how poor and inept the EU leaders would be. and the massive influx of immigrants into the EU. caused by the indiscriminate and frankly inexcusable bombing in syria by us the usa and russia.

Ecky Thump
10-02-2016, 23:53
to be honest eric. even though i voted for cameron in the last election. i don't actually like what he has turned into now. but when he said that he would give us a vote to either stay in or exit the EU i jumped at it. because labour wouldn't give us that choice. but i think that he shot himself in the foot when promising that vote even though it got him into power.. i think he thought that he would have time to change the british voters minds to stay in the EU. but underestimated how poor and inept the EU leaders would be. and the massive influx of immigrants into the EU. caused by the indiscriminate and frankly inexcusable bombing in syria by us the usa and russia.

Strange as it sounds, but the final count could come from the Scottish voters, as they will see it as a vote for staying in could scupper any plans made by the SNP for total Scottish independence, I think that's why the Scottish folk are so undecided. :dontknow:

marbro8
11-02-2016, 00:02
Strange as it sounds, but the final count could come from the Scottish voters, as they will see it as a vote for staying in could scupper any plans made by the SNP for total Scottish independence, I think that's why the Scottish folk are so undecided. :dontknow: well as long as we have Angusjim and Medman campaigning for us in scotland we have a good chance of opting out:lol:

stiletto
16-02-2016, 23:19
How can aPatriot voteFOR. Without becomingatraitor.?

Patriotism and nationalism are two different things, hello. I'm "just saying" ...

Angusjim
17-02-2016, 07:37
No, no, no this topic should be closed as White Van Man cannot understand the differences between Patriotism and Nationalism. I asked Juan, a White Van Man about this and he said " I am a patriot and all you people are wrong". Nah, he's a Nationalist. Case closed, Moderator please don't allow any more posts or we'll be here until doomsday, or 19 days from now according to stupid American doomsday prophets. Personally I would go happily with a nuke in Teide, during the night, so I know nothing about it. Viva Corbyn, take the nukes out of Trident and replace them with Sherbet Fountains. Must go on the waggon tomorrow or face wrath of the "patriots" :sorry: Am I driving?

Is this patriotism or patronizing:dontknow:

TOTO 99
17-02-2016, 07:53
Is this patriotism or patronizing:dontknow:

Someone will have a sore head this morning.......:laugh:

Ecky Thump
17-02-2016, 09:31
Someone will have a sore head this morning.......:laugh:

It certainly brought a late night smile to my face....:spin:

marbro8
17-02-2016, 09:42
It certainly brought a late night smile to my face....:spin:i'm glad you could make sense of it:laugh:

TOTO 99
17-02-2016, 13:23
i'm glad you could make sense of it:laugh:

He's had plenty of practice.....reading your posts....:laugh:

Malteser Monkey
17-02-2016, 14:25
He's had plenty of practice.....reading your posts....:laugh:

It's not just me then:whistle:

Ecky Thump
17-02-2016, 14:52
It's not just me then:whistle:

Your posts are all in a league of their own!:cheeky:

Malteser Monkey
17-02-2016, 15:24
Your posts are all in a league of their own!:cheeky:

Premier !:cheeky:

Davie Thistle
19-02-2016, 14:53
...........IN Defo!!:jumping:

kingbaker
19-02-2016, 18:27
...........IN Defo!!:jumping:

Hey a sensible answer at last!!

Timdowd
20-02-2016, 15:50
Having lived in a few places during my short, but exciting, life on this earth I'd like to try and describe my feelings on the matter.

First IN or OUT is the wrong question... The first question should be CONTINUE or CHANGE... I imagine most people would opt for change... The ask who want to change, the majority will not so we come back to continue... But that's a vicious circle you say...! Exactly: the voting population of Britain (those who have been on the electoral register in the past 15 years at least once) now have an opportunity to show their character... Let them. BUT inform them first... Not just unqualified scaremongering using Daily Mail sound bytes.
Imagine saying if you leave the town you were born in, you are somehow a traitor to that town... Or leaving the district, county or, God forbid, move across the Watford Gap... Makes you a traitor to those left behind. The world has become a small place. Europe embraces free movement and work making it easy to work anywhere within the European Union.
Every European country I've lived in, England, Wales, Germany, Spain people complain about the government and the EU but that is because they can, as members, complain and change from within. So, long story short, if I could vote (which I can't) I would vote to remain part of the Union, just as Scotland did... Well done...!

caz12
20-02-2016, 18:57
Out get us out

delderek
20-02-2016, 19:13
The surprising thing is, 28 countries belong, all seem reasonably happy, but our "We once ruled the world" attitude rears it's head when we think we are better than the other 27. It works for them, why not us. Travel through Europe, see the superior roads, terrific integrated public service buses and trains (i,e the bus meets the train), residents that seem more than happy with life, that think of us as moaning Brits. Even Australia call us whinging poms. So is it possible that we are we are moaning Brits with a superior attitude?

Just an add on: Could it be something to do with the fact that top 1% (our ruling class) own as much as the poorest 55% of the UK population. Or the top 10% owning 44% of the wealth. And need it to stay that way. So which way will they vote? Answers on a postage stamp please.

Angusjim
21-02-2016, 09:37
The surprising thing is, 28 countries belong, all seem reasonably happy, but our "We once ruled the world" attitude rears it's head when we think we are better than the other 27. It works for them, why not us. Travel through Europe, see the superior roads, terrific integrated public service buses and trains (i,e the bus meets the train), residents that seem more than happy with life, that think of us as moaning Brits. Even Australia call us whinging poms. So is it possible that we are we are moaning Brits with a superior attitude?

Just an add on: Could it be something to do with the fact that top 1% (our ruling class) own as much as the poorest 55% of the UK population. Or the top 10% owning 44% of the wealth. And need it to stay that way. So which way will they vote? Answers on a postage stamp please.

That may be because 80/90% of the 28 are takers from the EU. Are the Germans really in love with the EU ???? Moaning Brits with Superior attitude now that does remind me of some one on here who seems to have that attitude on many threads:laugh:

essexeddie
21-02-2016, 18:04
We now have Boris Johnson and Michael Gove on board the leave campaign. Great

delderek
21-02-2016, 19:07
We now have Boris Johnson and Michael Gove on board the leave campaign. Great

That's gotta help the stay in no end, A bumbling idiot and a man with the personality of a snowflake.

Angusjim
21-02-2016, 19:27
That may be because 80/90% of the 28 are takers from the EU. Are the Germans really in love with the EU ???? Moaning Brits with Superior attitude now that does remind me of some one on here who seems to have that attitude on many threads:laugh:

Just to add the one with superior attitude i mention is no longer with us:tiphat:

marbro8
21-02-2016, 19:45
here you go http://www.theguardian.com/news/datablog/2012/nov/22/eu-budget-spending-contributions-european-union

kingbaker
21-02-2016, 19:52
That's gotta help the stay in no end, A bumbling idiot and a man with the personality of a snowflake.

Ah yes Boris Johnson.......Maggie Thatcher in drag!!:crylaughing::D:devil2:

Timdowd
22-02-2016, 10:05
here you go http://www.theguardian.com/news/datablog/2012/nov/22/eu-budget-spending-contributions-european-union

Am I interpreting this chart correctly? The difference between UK contributions and UK spending are about €90 per head per year?

information
22-02-2016, 10:07
the UK pound has fallen over 1% this morning against the dollar and Euro. If I needed euros of dollars for my holidays this year I would be cashing in now as I can see a run on the pound in the short term.

marbro8
22-02-2016, 11:00
Am I interpreting this chart correctly? The difference between UK contributions and UK spending are about €90 per head per year?to be honest Tim I haven't had time to study it properly yet. I think that we are the 4th biggest donner after I think it's France Spain and Germany?.And in answer to delderek I wonder why the other member states ain't complaining:laugh: to be honest I can't really work it out without studying it for longer. Maybe some brain box with the time to do it will come on shortly and give us a breakdown

22-02-2016, 13:48
I've added a poll to this thread

Ecky Thump
22-02-2016, 17:34
the UK pound has fallen over 1% this morning against the dollar and Euro. If I needed euros of dollars for my holidays this year I would be cashing in now as I can see a run on the pound in the short term.

Since the markets have opened the GB Pound has been showing signs of recovery, but it's early days to see a true pattern. :dontknow:

LUCKY
22-02-2016, 17:47
These people are looking for a result (football speak) :flatcap:

http://www.millwall.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=119160&posts=1

Ricman
22-02-2016, 18:07
Someone on here said we need to remain in so that we can influence major decision making " from the inside " Interesting statistic says there have been 72 ( seventy two ) times that we have used our super influencing weapon in the last two decades in Brussels. Unfortunately we have been overruled 72 ( seventy two ) times.

Well done lads thats showing them.

LUCKY
22-02-2016, 18:44
Someone on here said we need to remain in so that we can influence major decision making " from the inside " Interesting statistic says there have been 72 ( seventy two ) times that we have used our super influencing weapon in the last two decades in Brussels. Unfortunately we have been overruled 72 ( seventy two ) times.

Well done lads thats showing them.

.................................................. .................................................. ..................... :flatcap:

Ecky Thump
22-02-2016, 18:53
Interesting statistic says there have been 72 ( seventy two ) times that we have used our super influencing weapon in the last two decades in Brussels. Unfortunately we have been overruled 72 ( seventy two ) times..

Cheeky question:wow:...what source have these VERY interesting statistics come from???

stiletto
22-02-2016, 18:53
We live on an island ffs, controlling our borders shouldn't be that difficult.

Are you referring to Tenerife or to the UK? The UK certainly isn't an island: it has a land border with another EU country (Ireland) which would remain one, even if we leave. A land border of quite some political significance, and not one that would necessarily be easy to control, as history has rather repeatedly shown.

Cheeky question:wow:...what source have these VERY interesting statistics come from???

Law reports, I think. The figure was quoted in a debate in the House of Commons this afternoon, and its factual veracity certainly wasn't questioned there. (Edited to add: it's strange, the way my response to your post now appears above your post. That wasn't of my making, by the way: it was imposed by the forum's software.)

marbro8
22-02-2016, 18:57
These people are looking for a result (football speak) :flatcap:

http://www.millwall.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=119160&posts=1:crylaughing: it put's stewart's ranting's into perspective:crylaughing:

LUCKY
22-02-2016, 18:57

Easy tenerife forum Doh !............... :flatcap:

Ecky Thump
22-02-2016, 19:03
Law reports, I think. The figure was quoted in a debate in the House of Commons this afternoon, and its factual veracity certainly wasn't questioned there. (Edited to add: it's strange, the way my response to your post now appears above your post. That wasn't of my making, by the way: it was imposed by the forum's software.)

I'm a bit dense when it comes to Law Reports in the commons, are they just opinions put up for debate.?

stiletto
22-02-2016, 19:18
are they just opinions put up for debate.?

No: I think they purport (at least) to be objective, factual statements published by approved, independent, regulated bodies tasked with doing so. They have some official status. I suspect mistakes in them are very few and far-between. It was certainly accepted by the House as a factual statement, and if subsequently challenged, an amending note will be published in "Hansard" and by the House of Commons Library.

Ecky Thump
22-02-2016, 19:21
No: I think they purport (at least) to be objective, factual statements published by approved, independent, regulated bodies tasked with doing so. They have some official status. I suspect mistakes in them are very few and far-between. It was certainly accepted by the House as a factual statement, and if subsequently challenged, an amending note will be published in "Hansard" and by the House of Commons Library.

Thanks for that, I'm ofton very dubious when people make statements on statistics without stating the source.:)

marbro8
22-02-2016, 19:30
Thanks for that, I'm ofton very dubious when people make statements on statistics without stating the source.:) TOTO 99 drank the apollo centre dry last year. and the source was Angusjim who said he paid for it:laugh:

delderek
22-02-2016, 19:37
I do wonder how many of us really understand the magnitude of this decision, even our "rulers" are split, and they are supposedly our better educated leaders. I consider myself fairly "Worldly Wise", but on this occasion I think it's gonna be a "Gut Instinct", which is probably not the best way to shape a countries future.

melm
22-02-2016, 19:43
I just dont know . Wish I had a crystal ball :dontknow:

marbro8
22-02-2016, 19:49
The first part of the statement is true, as for the second part where Angusjim paid, that's not even worth debating! :D

After watching tonight's news and the update on the EU in-out debate, I think Boris Johnson should change his name by deed poll to "Bumbling Boris", whatever anyone's opinions on Britain's futures is, then I don't think that Old Bumbling Boris will have much influence on it.:wink2: i think it is more to do with the significance of WHO is voting out. the mayor of london and cameron's best friend:wink2:

I've added a poll to this threadthank you very much. could you put a don't know on there as an option as well please? because i think there are probably more don't knows than anything else:(

stiletto
22-02-2016, 20:35
I'm ofton very dubious when people make statements on statistics without stating the source.:)

I hear you there. 73.92% of statistics quoted in online forum conversations are unreliable, after all. (This one, however, was as close to "verified fact" as you're going to get: it's the kind of thing that's carefully verified before being quoted on the floor of the House, otherwise there are all the inevitable accusations of misleading the House and all kinds of unpleasant consequences.)

23-02-2016, 00:15
i think it is more to do with the significance of WHO is voting out. the mayor of london and cameron's best friend:wink2:

thank you very much. could you put a don't know on there as an option as well please? because i think there are probably more don't knows than anything else:(

I've added two more options

marbro8
23-02-2016, 00:50
I've added two more optionsyou are an absolute star:wink2:
but i am feeling a lot better now because the out's are nearly as much as the in's:D and we have a few months to change the in's minds:cheeky:

Ecky Thump
23-02-2016, 02:44
you are an absolute star:wink2:
but i am feeling a lot better now because the out's are nearly as much as the in's:D and we have a few months to change the in's minds:cheeky:

No room to change their minds if they have already voted.

Who knows, Bumbling Boris might have a brain transplant and the gap could open up in the favour of the YES vote.:devil2:

marbro8
23-02-2016, 09:19
No room to change their minds if they have already voted.

Who knows, Bumbling Boris might have a brain transplant and the gap could open up in the favour of the YES vote.:devil2:
I don't think boris is a stupid as he appears. You don't get to become mayor of one of the greatest cities on the world by being stupid;)

Ecky Thump
23-02-2016, 10:32
I don't think boris is a stupid as he appears. You don't get to become mayor of one of the greatest cities on the world by being stupid;)

He's certainly not stupid, but he just to me appears to overplay his Harry Enfield style character "Tim Nice But Dim", I just can't see anybody taking him seriously as a campaign leader.....well he couldn't make me change my mind in which way to vote as I never listen to the content of his speeches as I'm generally just laughing at his uppercrusrt portrayal. :lol:

I do though think he has a true sense of humour, who else would name their children as.... Lara Lettice, Milo Arthur, Cassia Peaches and Theodore Apollo.:D

blondie
23-02-2016, 11:16
He's certainly not stupid, but he just to me appears to overplay his Harry Enfield style character "Tim Nice But Dim", I just can't see anybody taking him seriously as a campaign leader.....well he couldn't make me change my mind in which way to vote as I never listen to the content of his speeches as I'm generally just laughing at his uppercrusrt portrayal. :lol:

I do though think he has a true sense of humour, who else would name their children as.... Lara Lettice, Milo Arthur, Cassia Peaches and Theodore Apollo.:D

I cant take to buffoon Boris at all , I cant make up my mind if this all an act to make him look like one of the boys buy its certainly not working. Think what you want about Cameron but he does appear statesman like when in Europe , can you imagine bumbling Boris ? I really don't have enough info to vote yet but I am leaning towards in , not for my sake but the future of my family.

essexeddie
23-02-2016, 12:21
Hidden from the news. Turkey are to be issued with free EU Visas in Oct 2016.
Google it.
That means 75 million Turks and sundry can enter any EU country at will.
Frightening thought

Medman
23-02-2016, 13:00
Google it.
Frightening thought

Along with all their "refugees" -- let's get out now

marbro8
23-02-2016, 14:37
Google it.
Frightening thoughtand if you add the fact that the Italians and Greeks have threatened to give every refugee An eu passport without doing any prior checks on their background. Just so that it eases their own plight. Then it gets even more frightening. If we vote to stay in then I can honestly say that I will have to think very hard about my own future here in the uk.because I would vote out on the immigration policy alone:(

Sidders
23-02-2016, 14:43
say the out vote is triumphant, were would those in the UK who plan to up sticks and move to Tenerife/Spain stand?

Noticed the Pound to Euro/Dollar is starting to erode in there favour. My next Holiday is getting more expensive by the day.

I need a Brexit guide for dummies :)

universal
23-02-2016, 14:46
and if you add the fact that the Italians and Greeks have threatened to give every refugee An eu passport without doing any prior checks on their background. Just so that it eases their own plight. Then it gets even more frightening. If we vote to stay in then I can honestly say that I will have to think very hard about my own future here in the uk.because I would vote out on the immigration policy alone:(

Just as Spain has done in the past, here is just one instance.............

BBC NEWS | Europe | Spain launches immigrant amnesty
news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/4242411.stm
7 Feb 2005 - Spain launches a process of granting legal amnesty to up to 800000

Angusjim
23-02-2016, 15:50
and if you add the fact that the Italians and Greeks have threatened to give every refugee An eu passport without doing any prior checks on their background. Just so that it eases their own plight. Then it gets even more frightening. If we vote to stay in then I can honestly say that I will have to think very hard about my own future here in the uk.because I would vote out on the immigration policy alone:(

Is this fact or from The Sun:doh:

Medman
23-02-2016, 15:56

It's from the UK

Angusjim
23-02-2016, 16:14
It's from the UK

The Walsall Gazzette a report by Nigel Farage:doh:

Ecky Thump
23-02-2016, 16:27
The way our poll is showing in favour of a "Leave" is good news for the "Remain" voters as forum polls in general show the opposite of a national trend....this is according to ipsos MORI, but I wonder if they got this information from a poll. :D

marbro8
23-02-2016, 16:38
It was from a bbc news programme I watched a few months ago;)

The Walsall Gazzette a report by Nigel Farage:doh:
No the swastika times by Tommy Robinson:devil2:

Ecky Thump
23-02-2016, 16:45
It was from a bbc news programme I watched a few months ago;)

No the swastika times by Tommy Robinson:devil2:

Can you be a bit more precise please and tell us from what geographical region was the BBC news that you are quoting from broadcast from! :lol:

essexeddie
23-02-2016, 17:29
say the out vote is triumphant, were would those in the UK who plan to up sticks and move to Tenerife/Spain stand?

Noticed the Pound to Euro/Dollar is starting to erode in there favour. My next Holiday is getting more expensive by the day.

I need a Brexit guide for dummies :)

Ask a Russian, a Norwegian, a Chinese etc how they do it. There are plenty on the island.

tub
23-02-2016, 20:18
you cannot trust the polsters look how wrong they were about the general election

Liftman
23-02-2016, 21:13
09/03/2015

Daily telegraph

Panos Kammenos, the Greek defence minister, warned that if the eurozone allowed Greece to go bust it would give EU travel papers to illegal immigrants crossing its borders or to the 10,000 currently held in detention centres.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/islamic-state/11459675/Greeces-defence-minister-threatens-to-send-migrants-including-jihadists-to-Western-Europe.html

A bit out of date, but there it is

Medman
23-02-2016, 22:27
The way our poll is showing in favour of a "Leave" is good news for the "Remain" voters as forum polls in general show the opposite of a national trend....this is according to ipsos MORI, but I wonder if they got this information from a poll. :D

It's from a Brit

Ecky Thump
23-02-2016, 22:39
It's from a Brit

Well he wasn't in Birmingham then!:lol:

Sidders
24-02-2016, 21:59
Ask a Russian, a Norwegian, a Chinese etc how they do it. There are plenty on the island.

As a Euro member atm its possible to pretty much move anywhere in Europe. Non eu members though it isn't that simple.

marbro8
24-02-2016, 22:50
As a Euro member atm its possible to pretty much move anywhere in Europe. Non eu members though it isn't that simple.but surely money talks? if you are rich enough you could move anywhere

LindaD
25-02-2016, 01:26
Very interesting post but I'm still not any further forward which way I would vote. I'm not really sure if it should be thrown open to vote as I don't think we're well enough informed about it all. Where are we all likely to find an unbiased report on it, because if our leaders can't agree, and they should be well informed, what chance do we have!!!!
Still I Suppose we don't have to concern ourselves that Donald Trump sounds likely to be America's next president. That sounds like a fate worse than death for the Americans! Mind you there will be a knock on effect on the rest of the world too if he ever gets to the White House, what a scary thought!! The mans "no richt in the heid".

Ecky Thump
25-02-2016, 11:21
Still I Suppose we don't have to concern ourselves that Donald Trump sounds likely to be America's next president. That sounds like a fate worse than death for the Americans! Mind you there will be a knock on effect on the rest of the world too if he ever gets to the White House, what a scary thought!! The mans "no richt in the heid".

What a thought if Bumbling Boris & Gone for a Dump Trump got into power it might be the "White House" that they met, but we would all be in the "S**te House", up to our necks in it ! ;)

essexeddie
25-02-2016, 11:38
As a Euro member atm its possible to pretty much move anywhere in Europe. Non eu members though it isn't that simple.

Thats pretty obvious, and that is the problem. Its too easy.

Angusjim
25-02-2016, 11:40
Very interesting post but I'm still not any further forward which way I would vote. I'm not really sure if it should be thrown open to vote as I don't think we're well enough informed about it all. Where are we all likely to find an unbiased report on it, because if our leaders can't agree, and they should be well informed, what chance do we have!!!!

I am with you Linda not a clue which way to vote both sides are very good at putting out scare stories:dontknow:

essexeddie
25-02-2016, 11:56
With me its mainly the immigration problem. It doesn't take a lot of brain power to imagine the consequences of uncontrolled immigration. What with the prospect of muslim Turkey being given visas in Oct. All seventy five million of them.

Angusjim
25-02-2016, 12:02
With me its mainly the immigration problem. It doesn't take a lot of brain power to imagine the consequences of uncontrolled immigration. What with the prospect of muslim Turkey being given visas in Oct. All seventy five million of them.

I rest my case:whistle:

TOTO 99
25-02-2016, 13:22
I rest my case:whistle:

There are people out there who seriously believe that towards the end of this year, 75 million people are going to move out of Turkey and across to the UK, thus of course, rendering Turkey completely empty....???.....:laugh:

Angusjim
25-02-2016, 13:25
There are people out there who seriously believe that towards the end of this year, 75 million people are going to move out of Turkey and across to the UK, thus of course, rendering Turkey completely empty....???.....:laugh:

Dinnae you be upsetting Eddie he is already banned fae enough sites:laugh::laugh:

TOTO 99
25-02-2016, 13:36
Dinnae you be upsetting Eddie he is already banned fae enough sites:laugh::laugh:

Permission to speak Mr Stirrer............I believe Edward of Essex was merely reporting the fact. I didn't say he believed it....:fryingpan:

marbro8
25-02-2016, 13:49
I think the point being is its another nail in the Eu coffin;)

Ecky Thump
25-02-2016, 14:02
I think the point being is its another nail in the Eu coffin;)

Just wait until Albania is accepted into the EU, there are only two and three quarters of a million of them, but 40% of them are fully fledged mafia members! :D

Angusjim
25-02-2016, 14:04
Just wait until Albania is accepted into the EU, there are only two and three quarters of a million of them, but 40% of them are fully fledged mafia members! :D

Similar to Warrington then:laugh:

essexeddie
25-02-2016, 17:27
I dont recall saying that all of Turkey would be moving over to the UK but I would have thought that plenty would be coming over to add to the over three hundred thousand immigrants that came over the last twelve months. As just been reported.
We can bury our heads in the sand and hope it doesn't happen or we can vote out to secure our borders.
Its up to us.

LindaD
25-02-2016, 21:26
I dont recall saying that all of Turkey would be moving over to the UK but I would have thought that plenty would be coming over to add to the over three hundred thousand immigrants that came over the last twelve months. As just been reported.
We can bury our heads in the sand and hope it doesn't happen or we can vote out to secure our borders.
Its up to us.

Don't be silly Eddie, the UK would sink with all that weight, and all this will be at the bottom of the ocean :whistle:

Ecky Thump
25-02-2016, 21:29
Don't be silly Eddie, the UK would sink with all that weight, and all this will be at the bottom of the ocean :whistle:

Do you mean that we would all be flushed down the pan? :sorry:

LindaD
25-02-2016, 21:32
Do you mean that we would all be flushed down the pan? :sorry:

Yea just like Donald Trump in the S@@@@ House eh:agree:

Ecky Thump
25-02-2016, 21:34
Yea just like Donald Trump in the S@@@@ House eh:agree:

Now known as Donald The Dumper. :D

kingbaker
26-02-2016, 20:24
ThA former government minister under Thatcher’s government, Lord Nigel Lawson has said that the Republic of Ireland could ask to once again join the United Kingdom while speaking at a debate on the forthcoming referendum on whether or not the UK should remain in the European Union.

Lawson, father of celebrity cook Nigella Lawson and chairman of the Vote Leave campaign group, also said “it would be great” if the Irish free state realised it had “made a mistake” in getting independence from Britain in 1922.

The 83-year-old statesman, who served as the Chancellor of the Exchequer during Margaret Thatcher’s tenure as the UK’s Prime Minister, made his off-the-cuff remarks while answering a question of what a British exit from the EU would mean for the border between the two distinct nations on the island of Ireland.

Replying, Lawson said that the United Kingdom has a “special relationship with the Irish Republic, for obvious historical reasons, but also reasons of sentiment.”

Lawson then added: “I would be very happy f the Republic of Ireland – I don’t think it’s going to happen – were to say we made a mistake in getting independence in 1922, and come back within the United Kingdom. That would be great.”

The head nutter 'out' leader.

:crylaughing::crylaughing::crylaughing:

This was a live interview with Lawson from his HOME IN FRANCE:crylaughing::crylaughing::crylaughing:

Ecky Thump
26-02-2016, 20:50
Lawson then added: “I would be very happy f the Republic of Ireland – I don’t think it’s going to happen – were to say we made a mistake in getting independence in 1922, and come back within the United Kingdom. That would be great.”
:

He was talking common sense,....we need the Southern Irish labourers back under the control of the UK.........

Just look at the condition of our roads! :whistle:

LUCKY
26-02-2016, 21:57
And the winner is .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ..................... wait for it .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ..........................:flatcap:

warbey
27-02-2016, 21:21
;

Have You gone dotty mate.?

Angusjim
27-02-2016, 22:25
;

Have You gone dotty mate.?

He's been dotty for quite a while:lol::lol:

Ecky Thump
28-02-2016, 13:46
Be afraid....VERY AFRAiD!!

These two men could be your future world leaders.

willowlily
28-02-2016, 13:50
Be afraid....VERY AFRAiD!!

These two men could be your future world leaders.

well they could not do much worse and I have a feeling you will know what you are getting

Angusjim
28-02-2016, 13:51
well they could not do much worse and I have a feeling you will know what you are getting

And what would that be ??

Ecky Thump
28-02-2016, 13:53

A pair of egotistical idiots??

TOTO 99
28-02-2016, 13:54

Compulsory blonde hair dye for all men............Winner for you straight away AJ....:laugh:

Ecky Thump
28-02-2016, 14:04

They could make up a trio with this one! :D

She's also in love with herself!!:laugh:

Angusjim
28-02-2016, 14:05
A pair of egotistical idiots??

I am thanking you but will google that fancy word to confirm what I thanked you for:spin:

I am thanking you but will google that fancy word to confirm what I thanked you for:spin:

Yep all OK my thanks remain:laugh:

willowlily
28-02-2016, 14:52
They could make up a trio with this one! :D

She's also in love with herself!!:laugh:

well if people continue to vote for politicians that promise us everything we want ie; blair bush Cameron etc etc they will still get s'ht
also we come on this forum to discuss and do not expect members to trade insults ( even if it is wrapped up in a joke )
why has the forums membership not blossomed.

TOTO 99
28-02-2016, 15:02
well if people continue to vote for politicians that promise us everything we want ie; blair bush Cameron etc etc they will still get s'ht
also we come on this forum to discuss and do not expect members to trade insults ( even if it is wrapped up in a joke )

Where are the insults?

Odd that you say it because as far as I can see, you may well have insulted anyone who voted for Cameron, Blair, Bush......You can't expect to just have your say and everyone has to agree with you.

I personally come on for fun, you may come on to be serious....Plenty of room for everyone, and their opinions......

Angusjim
28-02-2016, 15:07

So what good do you think Donald Trump would bring to the table ?? up in Scotland we have seen first hand what a complete **** he is, a lying bully who bullies & threatens anyone who dares to disagree with him or his plans.

Ecky Thump
28-02-2016, 15:44

Where are the insults?

Odd that you say it because as far as I can see, you may well have insulted anyone who voted for Cameron, Blair, Bush......You can't expect to just have your say and everyone has to agree with you.

I personally come on for fun, you may come on to be serious....Plenty of room for everyone, and their opinions......

All I can add to what TOTO has said is that at times we should all be aware of the danger of taking ourselves too seriously and that within a forum we are entitled to say what we want within the realms of common manners and consider the feelings and opinions of others.:)

If we do this, then there is no reason why this forum shouldn't blossom!

Tshirt
28-02-2016, 16:01
An announcement today, that the UK will not provide an entry to the Eurovision Song Contest (ESC) has been greeted with dismay by the top world financial leaders at the G20 Conference.

George Osborne stated, “ Our future is with Europe and by withdrawing from the ESC, we put the UK economy in grave danger and this in turn could pull down the USA, China, Germany, Japan and yes - - - even France!” He also pointed out that by withdrawing, we lose the opportunity to win and how this could affect our balance of payments.

Nicola Sturgeon of the SNP, who sings in her sleep about independence and Yorkshire sheep shaggers said, “We/us (I mean me) can see no reason to stay as part of the United Kingdom unless we stay with the ESC. By pulling out the London Government has defined how we/us(me) will reshape Scottish politics so we can stay as an independent nation within the ESC. Lulu has denied reports that she will sing again at the ESC in the event of an independent Scotland entering the contest, bearing in mind she is only one north of the border who has a hope in hell’s chance of getting into the final.

The Chairman of the ESC, Dr. Frank-Dieter Freiling, a German (from Germany) said, “Without the UK at the ESC we are weaker and if the UK withdraws we will have no option other than to ban all UK judges and individuals from attending. And we will kick the **** out of any Brits who turn up! And we will NOT allow the UK broadcasting rights to the ESC.” This has led to cries of outrage from the millions of Brits who just cannot wait to spend their time watching such talent from the rest of Europe perform.

ISIS said it would order an immediate attack on Broadcasting House if the UK withdrew and ditto if the UK stayed in.

President Putin said he would have to consider playing with his nuclear tool unless someone listened to his views on the subject, which were, “?????$£”!”.

Donald Trump said he was speechless - - - -, but was sure that whichever way the UK went, he was sure it would help him win the republican vote and he would be saying something else later.

The IRA said they were sure that whichever way the UK went, then Ireland would do the opposite. At which point Alex Salmond piped up he would also do the opposite - - - - but he then clarified this as being strong support for an independent England.

Ecky Thump
28-02-2016, 16:08
An announcement today, that the UK will not provide an entry to the Eurovision Song Contest (ESC) has been greeted with dismay by the top world financial leaders at the G20 Conference.

George Osborne stated, “ Our future is with Europe and by withdrawing from the ESC, we put the UK economy in grave danger and this in turn could pull down the USA, China, Germany, Japan and yes - - - even France!” He also pointed out that by withdrawing, we lose the opportunity to win and how this could affect our balance of payments.

Nicola Sturgeon of the SNP, who sings in her sleep about independence and Yorkshire sheep shaggers said, “We/us (I mean me) can see no reason to stay as part of the United Kingdom unless we stay with the ESC. By pulling out the London Government has defined how we/us(me) will reshape Scottish politics so we can stay as an independent nation within the ESC. Lulu has denied reports that she will sing again at the ESC in the event of an independent Scotland entering the contest, bearing in mind she is only one north of the border who has a hope in hell’s chance of getting into the final.

The Chairman of the ESC, Dr. Frank-Dieter Freiling, a German (from Germany) said, “Without the UK at the ESC we are weaker and if the UK withdraws we will have no option other than to ban all UK judges and individuals from attending. And we will kick the **** out of any Brits who turn up! And we will NOT allow the UK broadcasting rights to the ESC.” This has led to cries of outrage from the millions of Brits who just cannot wait to spend their time watching such talent from the rest of Europe perform.

ISIS said it would order an immediate attack on Broadcasting House if the UK withdrew and ditto if the UK stayed in.

President Putin said he would have to consider playing with his nuclear tool unless someone listened to his views on the subject, which were, “?????$£”!”.

Donald Trump said he was speechless - - - -, but was sure that whichever way the UK went, he was sure it would help him win the republican vote and he would be saying something else later.

The IRA said they were sure that whichever way the UK went, then Ireland would do the opposite. At which point Alex Salmond piped up he would also do the opposite - - - - but he then clarified this as being strong support for an independent England.

At long last, a serious and heartfelt post that remains totally on topic. :tiphat:

marbro8
29-02-2016, 14:27
Well just as you thought that those idiots in Brussels couldn't dream any more silly laws up for us. They have announced this morning that we will no longer be able to call lollipop men lollipop men. Lollipop ladies lollipop ladies.refer to mother and toddler groups as that. We will no longer be able to class a ladies night as such. Because of equality laws. And they wonder why we want out:doh:

Angusjim
29-02-2016, 14:38
Well just as you thought that those idiots in Brussels couldn't dream any more silly laws up for us. They have announced this morning that we will no longer be able to call lollipop men lollipop men. Lollipop ladies lollipop ladies.refer to mother and toddler groups as that. We will no longer be able to class a ladies night as such. Because of equality laws. And they wonder why we want out:doh:

Any word about what we now call Ecky ( keep it clean !! ):laugh:

TOTO 99
29-02-2016, 14:40

It's ok to call him Lolipop Man.......He's about the right age...:laugh:

marbro8
29-02-2016, 14:43
Any word about what we now call Ecky ( keep it clean !! ):laugh: keep it clean? Well there isn't a lot of scope then:laugh:

Ecky Thump
29-02-2016, 15:22

It's ok to call him Lolipop Man.......He's about the right age...:laugh:

keep it clean? Well there isn't a lot of scope then:laugh:

I do admit that I'm getting older and am at the stage where even doing a simple task like doing buttons up has become difficult, so it would be appropriate to call me "The Stud" as they are simple to do up.:)

Angusjim
29-02-2016, 15:40
I agree with the last two letters of your proposed name I will leave my thoughts to your imagination:laugh:

marbro8
01-03-2016, 00:09
i would just like to say thank you to everyone that has taken the time to vote at this moment in time. especially those that have voted out:). and just a point to the one's that have voted as don't know. look at the majority:laugh: you may as well be part of an overall glorious victory than a poor damp squib second:laugh:

delderek
01-03-2016, 09:52
Looking at the results, I wonder if any of the Tenerife residents voted Out, if so, they are very brave people.

marbro8
01-03-2016, 11:18
Looking at the results, I wonder if any of the Tenerife residents voted Out, if so, they are very brave people.that was something I worried about. Before starting the thread. Whether I would get a true reflection. But maybe the 18 people that have voted in are residents?

ciderhunter
01-03-2016, 11:56
Looking at the results, I wonder if any of the Tenerife residents voted Out, if so, they are very brave people.

I certainly voted out and I live here. It wasn't bravery either. The Remainians only have project fear on their side. Latest nonsense claim is British holiday makers will be stranded if we vote out. Totally bonkers statement. Another big lie is that we Brits abroad would all be repatriated.

"The Vienna Convention on the Law of Treaties 1969 contains articles based on “acquired rights” which individuals build up and hold despite any future changes to treaties. Under this, EU countries would be prevented from deporting migrants who entered legally under the old system. Equally, Britain would be prevented from deporting EU citizens.

“Acquired rights” were acknowledged when Greenland withdrew from the European Economic Community. Greenland citizens living in other parts of the EU retained their right to continue living there, with all the residential and legal rights that implied."

delderek
01-03-2016, 12:43
I certainly voted out and I live here. It wasn't bravery either. The Remainians only have project fear on their side. Latest nonsense claim is British holiday makers will be stranded if we vote out. Totally bonkers statement. Another big lie is that we Brits abroad would all be repatriated.

"The Vienna Convention on the Law of Treaties 1969 contains articles based on “acquired rights” which individuals build up and hold despite any future changes to treaties. Under this, EU countries would be prevented from deporting migrants who entered legally under the old system. Equally, Britain would be prevented from deporting EU citizens.

“Acquired rights” were acknowledged when Greenland withdrew from the European Economic Community. Greenland citizens living in other parts of the EU retained their right to continue living there, with all the residential and legal rights that implied."

I was thinking mainly of the inheritance tax relief (99.9%) for EU citizens. Which is a very nasty tax with no relief for spouse. If you rent no problem. If not it's a lot of money.

Ricman
01-03-2016, 14:22
It is all very well quoting the Acquired Rights business & I am sure no one would imagine deportation/ repatriation coming into the equation, however the Spanish government might make some serious fiscal penalties for non EEC ex pats.

ciderhunter
01-03-2016, 17:22
It is all very well quoting the Acquired Rights business & I am sure no one would imagine deportation/ repatriation coming into the equation, however the Spanish government might make some serious fiscal penalties for non EEC ex pats.

The scare stories of repatriation of Brits abroad will pop up a lot between now and 23rd June, and I cannot imagine why the Spanish government would even think of fiscal penalties on their British residents, as they would have to apply the same penalties to all their South American residents too. None of whom's countries have ever been in the EU.

kingbaker
01-03-2016, 17:55
The scare stories of repatriation of Brits abroad will pop up a lot between now and 23rd June, and I cannot imagine why the Spanish government would even think of fiscal penalties on their British residents, as they would have to apply the same penalties to all their South American residents too. None of whom's countries have ever been in the EU.

Not so. You'd not be under the protection of the European Courts and unless there was an agreement about such issues, Spain could do what it likes.
There is still a question of a dispute over the British /Gibralter.

essexeddie
01-03-2016, 19:47
Not so. You'd not be under the protection of the European Courts and unless there was an agreement about such issues, Spain could do what it likes.
There is still a question of a dispute over the British /Gibralter.

Nobody can do anything they like under European rules.
We cant even buy a bent cucumber.

Boris The Spide
01-03-2016, 22:27
For those of you with a reading age above 8 have a look at this. marbro8, don't bother mate, carry on reading the Dandy, or The Daily Express as it's known now.
At last we may get a debate on Britain's relationship with Europe (Leader, 11 January). What did the EEC/EU ever do for us? Not much, apart from: providing 57% of our trade; structural funding to areas hit by industrial decline; clean beaches and rivers; cleaner air; lead free petrol; restrictions on landfill dumping; a recycling culture; cheaper mobile charges; cheaper air travel; improved consumer protection and food labelling; a ban on growth hormones and other harmful food additives; better product safety; single market competition bringing quality improvements and better industrial performance; break up of monopolies; Europe-wide patent and copyright protection; no paperwork or customs for exports throughout the single market; price transparency and removal of commission on currency exchanges across the eurozone; freedom to travel, live and work across Europe; funded opportunities for young people to undertake study or work placements abroad; access to European health services; labour protection and enhanced social welfare; smoke-free workplaces; equal pay legislation; holiday entitlement; the right not to work more than a 48-hour week without overtime; strongest wildlife protection in the world; improved animal welfare in food production; EU-funded research and industrial collaboration; EU representation in international forums; bloc EEA negotiation at the WTO; EU diplomatic efforts to uphold the nuclear non-proliferation treaty; European arrest warrant; cross border policing to combat human trafficking, arms and drug smuggling; counter terrorism intelligence; European civil and military co-operation in post-conflict zones in Europe and Africa; support for democracy and human rights across Europe and beyond; investment across Europe contributing to better living standards and educational, social and cultural capital.

All of this is nothing compared with its greatest achievements: the EU has for 60 years been the foundation of peace between European neighbours after centuries of bloodshed. It furthermore assisted the extraordinary political, social and economic transformation of 13 former dictatorships, now EU members, since 1980. Now the union faces major challenges brought on by neoliberal economic globalisation, and worsened by its own systemic weaknesses. It is taking measures to overcome these. We in the UK should reflect on whether our net contribution of £7bn out of total government expenditure of £695bn is good value. We must play a full part in enabling the union to be a force for good in a multipolar global future.
Simon Sweeney
Lecturer in international political economy, University of York

Ecky Thump
01-03-2016, 22:35
For those of you with a reading age above 8 have a look at this. marbro8, don't bother mate, carry on reading the Dandy, or The Daily Express as it's known now.
At last we may get a debate on Britain's relationship with Europe (Leader, 11 January). What did the EEC/EU ever do for us? Not much, apart from: providing 57% of our trade; structural funding to areas hit by industrial decline; clean beaches and rivers; cleaner air; lead free petrol; restrictions on landfill dumping; a recycling culture; cheaper mobile charges; cheaper air travel; improved consumer protection and food labelling; a ban on growth hormones and other harmful food additives; better product safety; single market competition bringing quality improvements and better industrial performance; break up of monopolies; Europe-wide patent and copyright protection; no paperwork or customs for exports throughout the single market; price transparency and removal of commission on currency exchanges across the eurozone; freedom to travel, live and work across Europe; funded opportunities for young people to undertake study or work placements abroad; access to European health services; labour protection and enhanced social welfare; smoke-free workplaces; equal pay legislation; holiday entitlement; the right not to work more than a 48-hour week without overtime; strongest wildlife protection in the world; improved animal welfare in food production; EU-funded research and industrial collaboration; EU representation in international forums; bloc EEA negotiation at the WTO; EU diplomatic efforts to uphold the nuclear non-proliferation treaty; European arrest warrant; cross border policing to combat human trafficking, arms and drug smuggling; counter terrorism intelligence; European civil and military co-operation in post-conflict zones in Europe and Africa; support for democracy and human rights across Europe and beyond; investment across Europe contributing to better living standards and educational, social and cultural capital.

All of this is nothing compared with its greatest achievements: the EU has for 60 years been the foundation of peace between European neighbours after centuries of bloodshed. It furthermore assisted the extraordinary political, social and economic transformation of 13 former dictatorships, now EU members, since 1980. Now the union faces major challenges brought on by neoliberal economic globalisation, and worsened by its own systemic weaknesses. It is taking measures to overcome these. We in the UK should reflect on whether our net contribution of £7bn out of total government expenditure of £695bn is good value. We must play a full part in enabling the union to be a force for good in a multipolar global future.
Simon Sweeney

WOW, not too bad for a opening post on the forum and not one spelling mistake, also he knows marbro8 favourite comic...that's now that he no longer reads The Topper! :D :c2:

warbey
01-03-2016, 22:41

An interesting first Post but are You as superior as You like to think.

I(s life all about Money and Posessions, or is it about regaining Our sovereignity and the right to govern Ourselves.

so welcome to the Forum, I will watch with interest!

Ecky Thump
01-03-2016, 22:46

An interesting first Post but are You as superior as You like to think.

I(s life all about Money and Posessions, or is it about regaining Our sovereignity and the right to govern Ourselves.

so welcome to the Forum, I will watch with interest!

Maybe not superior, but he just maybe be a expert on European matters......:tiphat:

Simon Sweeney | Expert on Europe - UACES
www.uaces.org › ... › Experts › Profile
Simon Sweeney, Dr. University of York, York Management School. Areas of Expertise. Common Foreign and Security ...

warbey
01-03-2016, 22:56
Maybe not superior, but he just maybe be a expert on European matters......:tiphat:

Simon Sweeney, Dr. University of York, York Management School. Areas of Expertise. Common Foreign and Security ...

Some Years ago i became an accredited H.+ S Union rep.

During the courses of tuition I had, I realised that Europe had a lot more tentacles than most people know about.

so yes, I already knew some of the facts quoted.

I still do not wish to be ruled by an Unelected group of career piggies with their snouts in Our trough and to be honest I am fed up with the

antics of Elected reps who are in itfor the cash..

Ecky Thump
01-03-2016, 22:59
Some Years ago i became an accredited H.+ S Union rep.

During the courses of tuition I had, I realised that Europe had a lot more tentacles than most people know about.

so yes, I already knew some of the facts quoted.

I still do not wish to be ruled by an Unelected group of career piggies with their snouts in Our trough and to be honest I am fed up with the

antics of Elected reps who are in itfor the cash..

I concur. :tiphat:

PS. I was also involved with H&S and I would have liked to see some of the directives being enforced in Asia where I had the privilege to work for a couple of years.

Medman
01-03-2016, 23:15

Simon Sweeney

Certainly a good argument for staying in and far more informative than any of our politicians' self-interest ramblings. But I would suspect that there will be an equally good case put forward in the same manner sometime.

Many of the good things mentioned by Simon Sweeney may have also happened outwith the EU. Who knows ?

Anyone got a good case for leaving (apart from gut feeling and "Rule Britannia")

PS I want out, as I FEEL that we have the intellect, wealth and capability of running our own affairs and country, That's my tuppence worth. Next.

marbro8
02-03-2016, 00:36

Simon Sweeney
Lecturer in international political economy, University of Yorkgood post. now sod off:laugh:at least i feel quite honoured that your first quite intellectual post was directed at me:lol:
pps you sound like jeremy corbyn's twin

Ecky Thump
02-03-2016, 01:04
good post. now sod off:laugh:at least i feel quite honoured that your first quite intellectual post was directed at me:lol:
pps you sound like jeremy corbyn's twin

A very restrained post. :D

kingbaker
02-03-2016, 01:07

Simon Sweeney

Jeeeze ...An intelligent British member here on the subject of EU!!!!

How did he get past the Mods? We are usually stuck witt AJ and Ecky and Marbro8 et al. :doh::doh::lol:

Ecky Thump
02-03-2016, 01:13

How did he get past the Mods? We are usually stuck witt AJ and Ecky and Marbro8 et al. :doh::doh::lol:

Just like marbro8 , I can show restraint....so, Sod off!
I'm not sure that Angusjim will be so forgiving about your attitude.:D

kingbaker
02-03-2016, 01:42

A very very good post but incomplete. It is an excellent Economic analysis but what is missing is a Political analysis.

I'll endeavour to deliver a 'Political' analysis tomorrow as it's 00.38 and I need my beauty sleep. Gnite all!!:hello:

jogger321
02-03-2016, 09:12

Simon Sweeney

There certainly has been a lot more copy and pasting since we joined this political union project .. Certainly in this particular example the whole issue of Sovereignty, self governing and democracy is not even mentioned..Project Fear takes lack of original thought to new heights!

macdonald5
02-03-2016, 09:55
If the 'money expert' forecasts that Euro and Pound will become parity on exit ,Tenerife Forum might be the nearest we get to Tenerife !!

Ecky Thump
02-03-2016, 10:57
If the 'money expert' forecasts that Euro and Pound will become parity on exit ,Tenerife Forum might be the nearest we get to Tenerife !!

Oh don't fret, if the UK were to depart from the EU our beloved (NOT!) Knickerless Sturgeon has promised that she will DEMAND the right of re-entry....the deluded, self centred, silly, egotistical, thoughtless, stupid woman......notice how restrained in my opinion of her that I am!! :D

macdonald5
02-03-2016, 11:02
Oh don't fret, if the UK were to depart from the EU our beloved (NOT!) Knickerless Sturgeon has promised that she will DEMAND the right of re-entry....the deluded, self centred, silly, egotistical, thoughtless, stupid woman......notice how restrained in my opinion of her that I am!! :D

Don't sit on the fence Ecky, say straight out what lots of us know !!!
Might get back to Nardinis instead of Puerto Colon ??

Ecky Thump
02-03-2016, 11:21

I do believe that you are deluded in thinking that "Boris The Spide" is the original author of his post, maybe the paragraph where he mentioned "comics & The Dandy and marbro8 's reading material", but I fear it is just someone who has learnt the art of "copy and paste" on their home computer....let's not get carried away thinking that the forum has reached these dizzy heights of attraction!:laugh:

essexeddie
02-03-2016, 11:35
BTS is an IN troll me thinks. Who cant think or speak for him/herself.

marbro8
02-03-2016, 12:18
BTS is an IN troll me thinks. Who cant think or speak for him/herself.i think he/she has copied and pasted all that info from one of Cameron's manifesto's and is posting it on every forum in the country:laugh:

universal
02-03-2016, 12:52
In defence of Simon Sweeney, whilst the good Dr. has no doubt managed to master the art of copy & paste this particular post was copied & pasted from his own letter to The Guardian first published in January 2013 http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/jan/11/whats-eu-ever-done-us (I copied & pasted that bit).

Anne 2009
02-03-2016, 13:21

Simon Sweeney

Well having read the Dandy i,ll be voting to leave :reading:

tub
02-03-2016, 20:30
i did not think cameron was to be found on this forum

willowlily
02-03-2016, 20:38
I do believe that you are deluded in thinking that "Boris The Spide" is the original author of his post, maybe the paragraph where he mentioned "comics & The Dandy and marbro8 's reading material", but I fear it is just someone who has learnt the art of "copy and paste" on their home computer....let's not get carried away thinking that the forum has reached these dizzy heights of attraction!:laugh:

as if ..........

Angusjim
02-03-2016, 21:24
I concur. :tiphat:

PS. I was also involved with H&S and I would have liked to see some of the directives being enforced in Asia where I had the privilege to work for a couple of years.

Never mind Asia what about building sites in Spain / Tenerife compared to the UK where it becoming stupid they are third world and here was me thinking that all members of the EU had to embrace the laws / directives or is it just the ones you like:rolleyes:

Ecky Thump
02-03-2016, 21:45
Never mind Asia what about building sites in Spain / Tenerife compared to the UK where it becoming stupid they are third world and here was me thinking that all members of the EU had to embrace the laws / directives or is it just the ones you like:rolleyes:

Outside of the U.K., i think it's more likely to be down to one of your favourite expressions ..."Little Brown Envelopes":o

warbey
02-03-2016, 21:54
Out with the U.K., i think it's more likely to be down to one of your favourite expressions ..."Little Brown Envelopes":o

Just as I thought for once We were all being revealed as Interlectuals Ecky, not mentioning Our good friend Marbros Hon Masters Degree........;

We do at least say how we see it mate!

is double M on a case! Very quiet here....??:D

Angusjim
02-03-2016, 22:03
Outside of the U.K., i think it's more likely to be down to one of your favourite expressions ..."Little Brown Envelopes":o

Is that why you are loaded:whistle:

Ecky Thump
02-03-2016, 22:09
Is that why you are loaded:whistle:

Not at all, the ones that I worked with reminded me with a tear in their eye that they had fourteen children to support and would I close my eyes to their little shortcuts.....at times that's what they needed, but not a little shortcut....."A Little Snip" and no more children!!:wow:

Megaloo
03-03-2016, 00:25

Who else was fond of copying and pasting our friend the Mr Satelite

marbro8
03-03-2016, 08:44
the Germans and french are at it again with their scare tactics. as we all know i only read the DANDY so i will try to explain what's going on with some of the characters. DESPERATE DAN now lives and works in Germany for rolls royce parent company BMW. and he was made to send an email to all British workers about the advantages of voting to stay in the EU. this was on the orders of his boss CORPORAL CLOTT. the french finance minister WINKER WATSON(have i spelled that right? has said again that if we voted out. they would let the world and his dog cross the channel into the uk. but they would have to get past DOCKLAND DAVIE first.i really do think that BIG HEAD AND THICK HEAD should get a grip. i can't believe they have the BRASSNECK to come up with these story's.on a serious note. they really must be getting worried about us voting out. and i think that if they are resorting to these scare tactics to try and bully uncertain voters into staying in. then i'm sorry but i for one wouldn't want to be a part of that:hello: ps feel free to copy and paste:D

Angusjim
03-03-2016, 09:14
the Germans and french are at it again with their scare tactics. as we all know i only read the DANDY so i will try to explain what's going on with some of the characters. DESPERATE DAN now lives and works in Germany for rolls royce parent company BMW. and he was made to send an email to all British workers about the advantages of voting to stay in the EU. this was on the orders of his boss CORPORAL CLOTT. the french finance minister WINKER WATSON(have i spelled that right? has said again that if we voted out. they would let the world and his dog cross the channel into the uk. but they would have to get past DOCKLAND DAVIE first.i really do think that BIG HEAD AND THICK HEAD should get a grip. i can't believe they have the BRASSNECK to come up with these story's.on a serious note. they really must be getting worried about us voting out. and i think that if they are resorting to these scare tactics to try and bully uncertain voters into staying in. then i'm sorry but i for one wouldn't want to be a part of that:hello: ps feel free to copy and paste:D

I am still along way off making my decision but scare tactics seem to be the order of the day with each side as bad as each other, your side bang on about Britain being filled to bursting with hundreds of thousands of immigrants stealing all our money, houses, jobs the other side on about financial disaster which will cripple the country. Its no easy task to decide who scare stories are correct:(:dontknow:

TOTO 99
03-03-2016, 09:58
As someone who really doesn't get involved in politics, I would guess that nobody will really know what will happen until it actually happens.
I see plenty of guesswork from both sides of the debate but in my humble opinion, the "facts" about what will happen can't possibly be known until it happens.
It's 2016. We know better than to believe any politician. Having said that, we are very fortunate to be given the option to vote on it. Let's hope we make the right choice..

marbro8
03-03-2016, 10:35
As someone who really doesn't get involved in politics, I would guess that nobody will really know what will happen until it actually happens.
I see plenty of guesswork from both sides of the debate but in my humble opinion, the "facts" about what will happen can't possibly be known until it happens.
It's 2016. We know better than to believe any politician. Having said that, we are very fortunate to be given the option to vote on it. Let's hope we make the right choice..you are right. I don't confess to be a world expert on politics. I can only go on what I see on the news and what I read in my comics:lol: but I can see that Greece is on its knees after having 2 bail outs. And they are inundated with migrants. With thousands more expected every day.and they all want to get to Europe. And with its land borders and only a few flimsy fences to stop them. There are thousands of miles of unmanned borders in Europe. They don't just have to walk to a check point. I can see this alone breaking the likes of Germany and France. At least we have the channel between us. And if we vote out then I think we will be the dominant force . We can still trade but on our terms and conditions. It was suggested the other day that the only reason migrants were protesting at the knocking down of the jungle camp. Was because they thought that they would be forced to accept asylum in France before they had a chance to get to Britain lol. That tells you something if even THEY don't want to stay there:lol:

Angusjim
03-03-2016, 10:40
you are right. I don't confess to be a world expert on politics. I can only go on what I see on the news and what I read in my comics:lol: but I can see that Greece is on its knees after having 2 bail outs. And they are inundated with migrants. With thousands more expected every day.and they all want to get to Europe. And with its land borders and only a few flimsy fences to stop them. There are thousands of miles of unmanned borders in Europe. They don't just have to walk to a check point. I can see this alone breaking the likes of Germany and France. At least we have the channel between us. And if we vote out then I think we will be the dominant force . We can still trade but on our terms and conditions. It was suggested the other day that the only reason migrants were protesting at the knocking down of the jungle camp. Was because they thought that they would be forced to accept asylum in France before they had a chance to get to Britain lol. That tells you something if even THEY don't want to stay there:lol:

Glad to see you are rising above resorting to scare tactics in your arguments for voting out:lol:

marbro8
03-03-2016, 10:55
Glad to see you are rising above resorting to scare tactics in your arguments for voting out:lol::lol::lol::doh::sorry:

ciderhunter
03-03-2016, 11:14

Simon Sweeney

Thank you Boris for sharing Mr Sweeney's article. Having taken a gander at his list, I would have to say there is little on there that any sovereign nation could not do itself. I will however point out a few flaws. All structural funding, funding opportunities, funded research etc. from the EU is OUR OWN taxpayers money. It's comes from part of the fifty-five million pounds we have to give each day, the part where they give some of our money back with orders of how we are to spend it.
'Investment across Europe (our money again) for better living standards' ignores the fact that there people in UK living out of food banks. I would help them first.
Holiday entitlement. I love that one. So we never had holiday entitlement before we joined the EEC?
The implication that police forces do not cooperate with non EU members is plainly false.
But he leave the best for the last paragraph. "The EU has for 60 years been the foundation of peace between European neighbours". Nothing to do with EU, That is NATO.

As for the Dandy, I always prefer the Beano. (Also known as Breitbart London)

Angusjim
03-03-2016, 12:43
Thank you Boris for sharing Mr Sweeney's article. Having taken a gander at his list, I would have to say there is little on there that any sovereign nation could not do itself. I will however point out a few flaws. All structural funding, funding opportunities, funded research etc. from the EU is OUR OWN taxpayers money. It's comes from part of the fifty-five million pounds we have to give each day, the part where they give some of our money back with orders of how we are to spend it.
'Investment across Europe (our money again) for better living standards' ignores the fact that there people in UK living out of food banks. I would help them first.
Holiday entitlement. I love that one. So we never had holiday entitlement before we joined the EEC?
The implication that police forces do not cooperate with non EU members is plainly false.
But he leave the best for the last paragraph. "The EU has for 60 years been the foundation of peace between European neighbours". Nothing to do with EU, That is NATO.

As for the Dandy, I always prefer the Beano. (Also known as Breitbart London)

You see here lies the issue for me and many others, what makes your argument right and the other wrong no real way of knowing. I think TOTO probably hit the nail on the head in his post #195 who REALLY knows:dontknow:

03-03-2016, 12:43
here's one for the resident ex pats in Tenerife to consider

http://eulawanalysis.blogspot.com.es/2014/05/what-happens-to-british-expatriates-if.html

Anne 2009
03-03-2016, 13:14
There will be a lot more politicians from other countries coming out to try and scare us. The in out vote is for us to decide Not for other countries to try and sway which way we go. Anyone would think there running scared that if the vote is to leave then more will follow us!!

Ecky Thump
03-03-2016, 16:01
There will be a lot more politicians from other countries coming out to try and scare us. The in out vote is for us to decide Not for other countries to try and sway which way we go. Anyone would think there running scared that if the vote is to leave then more will follow us!!

The one thing that is very sure is that the countries now in the EU don't want us to leave, neither can they afford us to leave as we the UK are a major source of money for them, especially now that Albania, possibly the most poverty ridden and poorest country in Europe is waiting for entry.

I just can't understand the thought process (if there is one) in making something like the EU that isn't working properly even bigger!! :dontknow:

Anne 2009
03-03-2016, 16:09
The one thing that is very sure is that the countries now in the EU don't want us to leave, neither can they afford us to leave as we the UK are a major source of money for them, especially now that Albania, possibly the most poverty ridden and poorest country in Europe is waiting for entry.

I just can't understand the thought process (if there is one) in making something like the EU that isn't working properly even bigger!! :dontknow:

Totally agree with you Ecky.

LindaD
03-03-2016, 16:35
Who's making the most money out of being in the EU, maybe we should look for our answers there!!!!!!!!!
Everything always seems to be about money!

marbro8
03-03-2016, 16:42

Because it is keeping a lot of hangers on in a job with a very well paid salary;) it just seems barmy to me. It's like asking a neighbour on a lot less money then you to put his few pennies into the pot. Then throwing your hard earned thousands in so he can take half out??? For so many capitalist countries to be part of it. It just seems more like socialism???

Anne 2009
03-03-2016, 16:47
Because it is keeping a lot of hangers on in a job with a very well paid salary;)

And possibly a few getting back handers to sway us to stay in.

Oh and another rant.....Some of these poor countries wanting to join the eu wouldnt be half as poor if it wasnt for there governments raping them!

EricN
03-03-2016, 18:18
Although it is against the policy of the political party I normally vote for I will be voting out. The idea in the 70's of a common market with cross border trade agreements was a good one, but we are now a long way from there.
The european court over ruling our goverment is perhaps the biggest reason, but closely followed by the amount of red tape and legislation that the UK, and only the UK, have to obey. The agriculture and fishing policies are a joke. Paying farmers to grow tobacco and then getting on their high horse to berate smokers.
Changing all our BS standards to EN standards must have cost a fortune and made the standards unsusable as the conditions in Greece do not match Sweden.
As Duncan Bannantyne would say "I'm out"

marbro8
03-03-2016, 18:47
And possibly a few getting back handers to sway us to stay in.

Oh and another rant.....Some of these poor countries wanting to join the eu wouldnt be half as poor if it wasnt for there governments raping them!i was thinking about this earlier. it's the big corporate businesses that run our country.they donate to political parties and in turn pull the strings. so while we are in the EU. they get to benefit from cheap migrant labour.who are only to grateful to come here to earn minimum wage. because minimum wage in eastern European countries is probably around £1 an hour.
I remember going to Bulgaria in 2005 with my best friend. we went to buy some plots of land in the hope of making a killing a few years later.we frequented a bar in Balchik because the waitress's spoke English. on one particular night 3 of us went in and had a 3 course meal. together with about 8-9 pints of lager each. plus i started to instruct the waitress to put everyone in the bar's drinks on our bill. the owner. his family. friends regulars. this went on until around 2.00am. whereby i went to the bar to pay the bill. i am not joking when i say. as the bill was printing off it was curling up on the floor:doh:. and the waitress just kept on apologising. to the point i thought she was going to cry:wow:. it came to about 70 lev. which with the exchange rate at the time was about £25. she informed me that that was the amount she earned in a month. so i told her not to feel so bad because that is what i earned in 2 hours. so you can see the attraction of earning just over £7 a hour here now;)

Ecky Thump
03-03-2016, 19:55
Now the French are threatening the UK that the camps holding the refugees will be transferred to the UK ...no wonder they were so keen to have the Euro Tunnel built....it's typical of the French people, just look back in recent history how they have used and threatened the use of blockades.

Up to this point I have been undecided if Great Britain should stay in the EU....now with threats from the French, I'm certainly leaning towards leaving!!

Viva La UK:mad:

essexeddie
03-03-2016, 21:32
My mind hasn't changed one bit. I just cant see that uncontrolled imigration is nothing short of suicide. I like Europe but not the EU. AS Churchill said "never trust the Germans, they are either at your feet or at your throat".
Im definitely out.

warbey
03-03-2016, 22:01
nearly a hundred years ago a group of Women suceeded in obtaining the right to Vote.

Some Years on, world war two ocurred with the call to arms to prevent Adolf taking over Europe and Us with it.

Many brave Men lost their lives in the belief they were fighting for a better World

Today Politicians OF ALL COLOURS are pushing to remain in Europe.
We will lose Our rights, fought for by those brave Men.
Our votes will count for nothing because Democracy will be dead too.

All those grasping Hands held out for their Pieces of silver that too many have lied and cheated for.?

In comparison I think Blair may well be classed as a Hero one day.

If they win, We will never ever be GREAT Britain again...

Lord forgive them for they know not what they do........................still true centuries later....

Tshirt
03-03-2016, 23:14
Listening to that French t**t on the news telling us what we can and can't do makes me even more determined to vote to LEAVE. Not that I needed persuading, I made my decision weeks ago.
warbey 's right, we fought 2 World Wars so that we could stay a free nation, and if we're not careful we'll be ruled by the Fuhrer Merkel

Ecky Thump
03-03-2016, 23:33
Now the French are threatening the UK that the camps holding the refugees will be transferred to the UK ...no wonder they were so keen to have the Euro Tunnel built....it's typical of the French people, just look back in recent history how they have used and threatened the use of blockades.

Up to this point I have been undecided if Great Britain should stay in the EU....now with threats from the French, I'm certainly leaning towards leaving!!

Viva La UK:mad:

Listening to that French t**t on the news telling us what we can and can't do makes me even more determined to vote to LEAVE. Not that I needed persuading, I made my decision weeks ago.l

Two more people who are convinced after the French input and how they affect our decisions!!

Moderator___
04-03-2016, 00:13
I hear that the French are going to turn all the asylum seekers in Calais into zombies and send them through the channel tunnel.

Tshirt
04-03-2016, 00:23
I hear that the French are going to turn all the asylum seekers in Calais into zombies and send them through the channel tunnel.

Not if we brick it up they won't.....:D

Ecky Thump
04-03-2016, 00:31

We will give marbro8 a wooden cross and a necklace of garlic to hold.....that'll stop em!

marbro8
04-03-2016, 09:20
There is some right rubbish and misinformation posted on this forum sometimes:whistle:

willowlily
04-03-2016, 09:22

how will know who are the immigrants and who are the french

marbro8
04-03-2016, 09:22
Two more people who are convinced after the French input and how they affect our decisions!!i think that all the vote out campaigners have to do is just sit and let the in voters shoot themselves in the foot:laugh:

Listening to that French t**t on the news telling us what we can and can't do makes me even more determined to vote to LEAVE. Not that I needed persuading, I made my decision weeks ago.
warbey 's right, we fought 2 World Wars so that we could stay a free nation, and if we're not careful we'll be ruled by the Fuhrer Merkel
Could you imagine going into a brothel to find the only 2 women in ther are her and Nicola sturgeon:laugh:

Ecky Thump
04-03-2016, 10:12

The French will be on tractors and carrying pitchforks, while the immigrants will be driving T-90 tanks and carrying Kalashnikov rifles .:devil:

essexeddie
04-03-2016, 10:58
Threats to the British normally has the opposite effect.

Ecky Thump
04-03-2016, 11:03
Threats to the British Normalally has the opposite effect.

Now that's not a word that we would expect to see when describing the British.:D

Tshirt
04-03-2016, 11:11

Does it matter, anyway the French will be the ones with their hands up. [emoji4]

Medman
04-03-2016, 11:14
Does it matter, anyway the French will be the ones with their hands up. [emoji4]

It's that time again for the advert - "French rifles for sale .... only dropped once!" ... :whistle:

Anne 2009
04-03-2016, 13:26

I wouldnt worry about Merkel, i think next time round she,ll be booted out for massive mistake of opening the flood gates!

warbey
04-03-2016, 22:06

One lot will be running with their hands up.!!

(not all, but too many)

Dont brick it up......Just Flood it..............................

P.S. Does the word Traitor still have a meaning?

Tshirt
05-03-2016, 21:30
Who do you think you are kidding Mrs Merkel

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160305/b639e5d4ef1d0098035e1b0bb555ca2b.jpg

warbey
05-03-2016, 22:06
Who do you think you are kidding Mrs Merkel

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160305/b639e5d4ef1d0098035e1b0bb555ca2b.jpg

and ALL of our so#called representatives selling us down the river

marbro8
05-03-2016, 22:14
and ALL of our so#called representatives selling us down the riverthey are losing all credibility. and making themselves look stupid:confused: i can see a few in voters in the cameron camp jumping ship before the vote if they have got any sense

Anne 2009
05-03-2016, 22:43
I hope Boris has some good arguements to put across when he,s on t.v tomorrow.

essexeddie
06-03-2016, 13:20
He is not as stupid as some people try to make him look.
He'll be fine.

Ecky Thump
06-03-2016, 13:27
He is not as stupid as some people try to make him look.
He'll be fine.

I'm sure that he plays on his looks and his "Hooray Henry" - plumb in the mouth-over privileged- ponsy upperclass pillock - public schoolboy persona, oh yes, behind all that their is a brain!! :D

helena246
06-03-2016, 14:06
I was dismayed with the way he was questioned on the Andrew marr show, I have never seen marr so aggressive continually interrupting boris.
I am afraid marr played to Boris's weaknesses and he came over as bumbling boris.
the brexit campaign should leave this sort of questioning to gove and let boris do what he does best.

Ecky Thump
06-03-2016, 14:27
I was dismayed with the way he was questioned on the Andrew marr show, I have never seen marr so aggressive continually interrupting boris.
I am afraid marr played to Boris's weaknesses and he came over as bumbling boris.
the brexit campaign should leave this sort of questioning to gove and let Boris do what he does best.

Which has proved to be that he makes false promises, during his campaign for Lord Mayor of London, he made promise after promise, which the majority of which has not been fulfilled, as a example or two, he said that he would not close or be instrumental in reducing the fire services in London, since then he has allowed 10 fire stations to close and numerous cut back on fire engines. He also promised to cut the number of homeless sleeping on the streets, the result is five times more....the list of his broken promises goes on and on....London congestion charges, helping the London Taxi drivers, London Council Tax. I'm sure that he could waffle on why these things haven't happened, but the truth is that he is a man who makes reckless promises.
I personally think that he is the wrong person to lead the exit campaign.

Anne 2009
06-03-2016, 15:21
the brexit campaign should leave this sort of questioning to gove and let boris do what he does best.

I thought the same helena. Marr wouldnt let him answer properly as he was constantly interrupting him.

essexeddie
06-03-2016, 15:23
He got rid of the bendy buses and set up the Boris bike of which we have used.
Nobody will solve the homeless on the streets. Some are beyond help I'm afraid.
He's done a lot more than Red Ken ever did.
However I also beleive he is not the right person for interviews. He's too slow. Thats where Nigal is the best man.

Ecky Thump
06-03-2016, 15:27
I thought the same helena. Marr wouldnt let him answer properly as he was constantly interrupting him.

That could be that Bumbling Boris is unable to answer a straight forward question without giving a straight and honest answer...he try's to. "Waffle" and expect that to be a direct answer.

He got rid of the bendy buses .

It was also said by bus operators that he had wasted almost half a million pounds in helping develop and promoting a new London bus, that was then decried as being dangerous for passengers and badly ventilated. :dontknow:

essexeddie
06-03-2016, 15:37
That could be that Bumbling Boris is unable to answer a straight forward question without giving a straight and honest answer...he try's to. "Waffle" and expect that to be a direct answer.

I think he can answer a question honestly its just that he is far too slow in getting it out. Thats just the way he is. At least he is not towing the line like all the other MPs. He has a mind of his own all be it a slow one.

Ecky Thump
06-03-2016, 15:52
I think he can answer a question honestly its just that he is far too slow in getting it out. Thats just the way he is. At least he is not towing the line like all the other MPs. He has a mind of his own all be it a slow one.

Last year on at least fifteen occasions he said that he had NO intention or WISH to return to parliament ....look where he is now, the elected member for Uxbridge and South Ruislip.....the man is honest?? ...I think not.:D

Thinking about it with his track record of constantly telling outrageous lies, then he's a great politician.:laugh:

Anne 2009
06-03-2016, 18:14
Last year on at least fifteen occasions he said that he had NO intention or WISH to return to parliament ....look where he is now, the elected member for Uxbridge and South Ruislip.....the man is honest?? ...I think not.:D

Thinking about it with his track record of constantly telling outrageous lies, then he's a great politician.:laugh:

All politicians lie, its there job to! :laugh:

essexeddie
06-03-2016, 18:17

Its called human nature.

Ecky Thump
06-03-2016, 21:17

Its called human nature.

But it is nice if they try to make the effort of tell the truth, even if it's only occasionally, I do think that's why politicians like Enoch Powell have had so much respect over the years, people didn't particularly like the content of what he said, but they still recognised the truth.....well, some of us!! :D

marbro8
06-03-2016, 21:44
But it is nice if they try to make the effort of tell the truth, even if it's only occasionally, I do think that's why politicians like Enoch Powell have had so much respect over the years, people didn't particularly like the content of what he said, but they still recognised the truth.....well, some of us!! :Dand like it or not. i think his words will be proved correct within the next 50 years:(

Ecky Thump
06-03-2016, 21:55
and like it or not. i think his words will be proved correct within the next 50 years:(

If we are totally honest, his words in certain parts of the U.K are very true today

Tshirt
06-03-2016, 22:00
and like it or not. i think his words will be proved correct within the next 50 years:(

I think his words have been proved correct already

warbey
06-03-2016, 22:02
Let's face it. We are short of a genuine Leader. All We get are lies and deceit from People who shouold set an example.

Nigel is the nearest, He appears more open and truthful but ticks too few boxes.

We are approachi9ng a complex period of history which could lead to civil war.

I hope and pray the Man (and woman) in the street can see this, otherwise.? / / /

Boris The Spide
07-03-2016, 00:31
There are a small group of of racist, white van man types who monopolise the posts on here. You should all be banned and have your passports taken away you racist ba*tards. Moderator, do something about these neanderthals.

Ecky Thump
07-03-2016, 00:37
There are a small group of of racist, white van man types who monopolise the posts on here. You should all be banned and have your passports taken away you racist ba*tards. Moderator, do something about these neanderthals.

Wow, in the words of Elaine Page..."You know me so well", I don't mean being a racist, or driving a van, but being illegitimate!! and how would you describe your self... Plonker, pre judgemental, narrow minded, self opinionated, ...oh I'm sure the list could go on!

Get to know the person and their background before making statements like yours, you might learn a lot from it.:idea:

Boris The Spide
07-03-2016, 00:51
I would describe myself as being an English patriot who wanted to keep the peace and cooperation of the european union, and by the way, lets join the euro, and consign Boris and his ilk, i.e. Nigel to the scrapheap of intelligent but misguided fools who make up the brevet camp. Oh, and if the vote is to leave the EU then am moving to Scotland where there have leader who knows which side her bread is buttered.