PDA

View Full Version : Other Where's the best place to go? Los Cristianos or Las Americas?

GeordieWire
21-02-2016, 12:17
Hi guys. new to this forum so I hope I have posted in the right place.

We ara a family group of 8, youngest 14 oldest 55, and are lookng at Tenerife for this years holiday.
The question is which resort?

We don't do nightclubs but we do like live music. Karaoke at a push for 1 or 2 of the group :wow:
Quizes are also a favourit of ours. Nothing too serious just a bitt of fun.

Sports bars are a must for daytime so some of us can keep up to date with Warrington Wolves.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Leam_Lin
21-02-2016, 12:23
Welcome to the forum.

San Eugenio area has everything you require.

I wouldn't book anything above the motorway, may be cheaper but the cost of taxis will cost you.

TOTO 99
21-02-2016, 12:32

We ara a family group of 8, youngest 14 oldest 55, and are lookng at Tenerife for this years holiday.

We don't do nightclubs but we do like live music. Karaoke at a push for 1 or 2 of the group :wow:

Sports bars are a must for daytime so some of us can keep up to date with Warrington Wolves.

Why would a Geordie be a Wires fan?.....:laugh:

Ecky Thump
21-02-2016, 12:48

Welcome to the forum.

Los Cristianos/Las Americas should be a good holiday base for you and in particular the El Mirador area as there are many bars there that offer both quizzes and karaoke.

Why would a Geordie be a Wires fan?.....:laugh:

I'm in Scotland and I still support Spurs....there is no understanding some of our reasoning...look who AngusJim follows!:D

TOTO 99
21-02-2016, 13:02
Welcome to the forum.

Los Cristianos/Las Americas should be a good holiday base for you and in particular the El Mirador area as there are many bars there that offer both quizzes and karaoke.

I'm in Scotland and I still support Spurs....there is no understanding some of our reasoning...look who AngusJim follows!:D

Yeah but, I sometimes wonder why anyone from Warrington supports them never mind people from elsewhere...:laugh:

Mind you, we're doing alright at the mo.........2 games into the season....lol

GeordieWire
21-02-2016, 13:22
#alwaysouryear #WTID
:D
There are a few Wire fans in the North East.

Thanks for the replies guys. I'll do some investigating

Ricman
21-02-2016, 14:35
Used to love going to the old Wilderspool with the entrance down a little terraced street. Always a bloke there with a sandwich board telling us the world was coming to an end this year. Went on for years.

Changed his name now to David Cameron !

bennoa1
21-02-2016, 21:27
Welcome to the forum.

San Eugenio area has everything you require.

I wouldn't book anything above the motorway, may be cheaper but the cost of taxis will cost you.

We own above the motorway (16 years now) and its very quiet at night and its still only 3.5 euros in a taxi (from san eugenio area) so don't rule it out - I wouldn't want to be in the busier areas as we have friends who live in Torviscas and the complex is far more noisy than ours. Easy walk down.
San Eugenio area would fit the bill for bars and restaurants. LC is alos pretty good so whichever you chose you should be happy.

marbro8
22-02-2016, 00:00
i personally love los cris. i am 54 wife's 51. we are coming over in may with 3 nephews and their girlfriends all in their 20's. and i guarantee they won't leave our sides. mind you that may be because they always get a few free rounds off me and their dad:laugh:. it is a fantastic base to stay. with las americas a nice leisurely 20 minute walk along the sea front. plenty of bars with music on the el mirador strip. and i would strongly recommend the hard rock cafe in las americas on a friday or saturday night.always an excellent live band on. also over the road opposite. at the rear of the safari centre. on the strip. vagabond at the bulls head:wink2:

Ecky Thump
22-02-2016, 00:03
i personally love los cris. i am 54 wifes 51. we are coming over in may with 3 nephews and their girlfriends all in their 20's. and i guarantee they won't leave our sides. mind you that may be because they always get a few free rounds off me and their dad:laugh:. it is a fantastic base to stay. with las americas a nice leisurely 20 minute walk along the sea front. plenty of bars with music on the el mirador strip. and i would strongly recommend the hard rock cafe in las americas on a friday or saturday night.always an excellent live band on. also over the road opposite. at the rear of the safari centre. on the strip. vagabond at the bulls head:wink2:

Sandra will love you for that information! :hide:

marbro8
22-02-2016, 00:10
Sandra will love you for that information! :hide:she is grinning at me through gritted teeth:crylaughing:

Ecky Thump
22-02-2016, 00:12
she is grinning at me through gritted teeth:crylaughing:

Just edit your post saying that she looks as if she is only 27 and you will be up those bedroom stairs faster than you've ever been.:cheeky:

TOTO 99
22-02-2016, 06:09
she is grinning at me through gritted teeth:crylaughing:

Gritted false teeth?.....:laugh: