PDA

View Full Version : Reasons for not moving home

Ecky Thump
01-03-2016, 12:49
Here are a couple of videos that shows why I wouldn't consider moving home.

Ok, not wall to wall sunshine, but a lovely place to wake upto and look out of the window.:window:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTTxditROYY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iQS1b23VMY

lynno52
01-03-2016, 13:00
I don't blame you Ecky. Didn't see you or Carol waving though?:spin:

Ecky Thump
01-03-2016, 13:09
I don't blame you Ecky. Didn't see you or Carol waving though?:spin:

We were probably here eating a Knickerbocker Glory or a Fish Supper....it's one of Medman 's favourite places.:lol:

Medman
01-03-2016, 13:43
We were probably here eating a Knickerbocker Glory or a Fish Supper....it's one of Medman 's favourite places.:lol:

Canny bate it ! .. real classic fish tea in nice surroundings. Proper fish knife and china cups ... blooody luxury. I'm sure marbro8 will require to visit this establishment at Easter.

Ecky Thump
01-03-2016, 13:57
Canny bate it ! .. real classic fish tea in nice surroundings. Proper fish knife and china cups ... blooody luxury. I'm sure marbro8 will require to visit this establishment at Easter.

It's on the list of places to take him, the side restaurant is now a operated by "Tony Macoroni" it's quite a trendy place, I've put a link to it here....

http://www.nardinis.co.uk/restaurant.html

macdonald5
01-03-2016, 14:11

We havnae been for a few years but definately great fish supper and lush ice cream !!

Medman
01-03-2016, 14:11
It's on the list of places to take him, the side restaurant is now a operated by "Tony Macoroni" it's quite a trendy place, I've put a link to it here....

http://www.nardinis.co.uk/restaurant.html

Wow ! what a menu and very reasonable prices too. Cullen Skink Pizza - who thought of that one? itsa for mea !! .. :pizza:

Ecky Thump
01-03-2016, 14:39
We havnae been for a few years but definately great fish supper and lush ice cream !!

Largs and the surrounding area I'm pleased to say hasn't changed much from the 1960's, many of the old bars and restaurants are still here, but like all places development does happen and now Weatherspoons are about to open by the ferry terminal to the Isle of Cumbrae....handy for holiday makers wanting a quick pint before catching the ferry or looking at the sea and I'm looking forward to their famous "Curry Nights". :yum:

blondie
01-03-2016, 15:26
We have a day out in Largs very often lovely wee place to sit and while away the afternoon especially when the weather is nice . I wondered who had taken over Nardinis
they would be mental to change that iconic name . Is there anyone who has been to Largs and not had one of their ice creams . I am ashamed to admit it but we have never been to Millport or been on a sail on the Waverley for years and years , definitely going to do it this summer , weather permitting .

Malteser Monkey
01-03-2016, 16:42
You lot can stay up there :cheeky:

Ecky Thump
01-03-2016, 16:49

Well give us more than two GOOD reasons for moving south and we might even consider it, but I think that you will struggle to find even one good reason!!:laugh:

lynno52
01-03-2016, 16:50
Well give us more than two GOOD reasons for moving south and we might even consider it, but I think that you will struggle to find even one good reason!!:laugh:

Cos me and MM are down here - obvious!:spin:

Ecky Thump
01-03-2016, 16:55

No No No, MM lives in a very foreign country, but the menfolk there do share a uncanny likeness with the men from Yorkshire....their love of sheep! :D

Malteser Monkey
01-03-2016, 16:58

Toto and Ted:laugh:

Medman
01-03-2016, 17:22

No Monkeys here Malty except in the zoo

Ecky Thump
01-03-2016, 18:08
No Monkeys here Malty except in the zoo

We do however have living in the sea off the Isle of Cumbrae Crocodiles, which rumour has it only feeds on attractive English women. :D

marbro8 you might want to take Sandra to see it!!:laugh:

Ecky Thump
02-03-2016, 12:45

You could always move to Largs, my son is selling his house and it's only two minutes from Nardinis.....

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-57591905.html

If you buy it, I will make sure that he even leaves the light bulbs! :D

macdonald5
02-03-2016, 12:54
You could always move to Largs, my son is selling his house and it's only two minutes from Nardinis.....

Looks good Ecky, had it been Ayr we might have been tempted.......ps Who would clear out our loft !!!
And we could get cheap Ryanair flights from Prestwick !!

Medman
02-03-2016, 15:33
We do however have living in the sea off the Isle of Cumbrae Crocodiles, which rumour has it only feeds on attractive English women. :D

marbro8 you might want to take Sandra to see it!!:laugh:

Malty will be save enough then >> :D . Malteser Monkey

LindaD
03-03-2016, 01:15

Is he sure he wants to move Ecky, that looks awfy braw to me!!!!!!!

Isn't the actress Daniela Nardini related to the folk that have this Restaurant?

Ecky Thump
03-03-2016, 01:33
Is he sure he wants to move Ecky, that looks awfy braw to me!!!!!!!

Isn't the actress Daniela Nardini related to the folk that have this Restaurant?

Yes,Daniela is Ricky Nardini's daughter, but they have no control at all over that part of the business.

The house that Stuart is selling used to be ours and Leslie and Stuart have put a massive amount of work into it, but they just fancy a change, plus he doesn't want to see his ferry sail past his window when it's his day off....it reminds him that there is another twelve hour shift on the horizon!!:D

LindaD
03-03-2016, 01:43
Yes,Daniela is Ricky Nardini's daughter, but they have no control at all over that part of the business.

The house that Stuart is selling used to be ours and Leslie and Stuart have put a massive amount of work into it, but they just fancy a change, plus he doesn't want to see his ferry sail past his window when it's his day off....it reminds him that there is another twelve hour shift on the horizon!!:D

They certainly have Ecky, it's looking really good, should get that sold nae bother, but I can see where they're coming from in wanting to get a different view!!!!!!!
You're right about not wanting to move though, Largs looks very clean compared with some places and it looks like it's from a different era, bet it hasn't changed too much over the years.
Thanks for clearing that up about Daniela Nardini, thought it had to be some relation as quite an unusual name. In my part of the world we have a chip shop which is quite well renowned owned by the Valente family and the best ice cream I ever tasted was from a family called Fontanna from Fife too, those Italians knew how to make guid fish n chips and even better ice cream!!!!!!