PDA

View Full Version : Other Jet 2 Flight Prices

jogger321
01-03-2016, 14:39
We flew out of East Midlands a number of times with Jet 2 over the years.. Just got an E mail from them with their "offers"

Am I the only one that finds their flight prices absolutely bonkers?

To less extent we used Monarch for holidays up till a few years ago.. Again simple Internet search seems to show their holiday prices uncompetitive usually for x2 by hundreds of pounds

My question is who exactly uses these companies these days?

Ecky Thump
01-03-2016, 14:42
On another thread someone suggested that Jet2 are more interested in package holiday sales than individuals just booking flights only....it appears by their pricing policy to be true...I just hope that Ryanaire don't follow suit.

blondie
01-03-2016, 15:15
Yes their prices are an absolute joke , I really don't know how they fill their planes now . We only flew with them once and the only thing that they had that was
any better than other companies was the luggage allowance of 22 kgs , but there is a high price to pay for that . I must add that it was the only flight where my
husband and I did not get a seat together ans we fly Ryanair and never pay to choose our seats .We certainly wont be using them again till they sort out their prices .

bennoa1
01-03-2016, 16:26
We sued to use Monarch all the time but there flights aren't the cheapest, but sometimes aren't bad, but for us the flight times changed so they return in the day now whereas all flights back were 8-8.30pm departure, but I have noticed they all seem to come back daytime now. I usually go Ryanair now but have booked a flight with Monarch for April 2017 (even their website hasn't release returns for May 17 yet). We'll fly with anyone as long as the price and times suit us but we only have hand luggage now so its fairly painless. Still booking luggage for my parents and the luggage prices are extortionate.

jogger321
02-03-2016, 09:18
On another thread someone suggested that Jet2 are more interested in package holiday sales than individuals just booking flights only....it appears by their pricing policy to be true...I just hope that Ryanaire don't follow suit.

I can understand if their business model is package tours but why on earth junk mail me with claims of flight deals when all it does is make me laugh at the prices.. Also their package holidays are uncompetitive compared to the likes of Thomas Cook .. Again it makes me wonder who exactly uses them?

macdonald5
02-03-2016, 09:46
We have used Jet2 a number of times since Globespan departed but prices have now gone through the roof
We still have 2 from Glasgow booked but their 'inflexibility' would not allow us to swop to Edinburgh when they became available ( Edinburgh was some £200 cheaper ) which I was willing to forego for the convenience
As I've said on other threads when no flexibility with holiday dates or accommodation Jet2 scored by being first out with Scottish flights
Any flight we've had with them has been full but I do suspect they are moving towards holiday (pricey ) packages !!
Watching for Norwegian Air with interest