PDA

View Full Version : UB40 just the ticket

Canarian Weekly
04-03-2016, 12:40
THE first Tenerife legends’ gig, featuring reggae band UB40, is already a total sell-out. They will play Las Americas on 18th March at the Pyramids of Arona, and there is not one spare ticket! The project, called “Legends Live”, will certainly start with a bang. There was a lot of expectation from the very beginning, […]

More... (http://www.canarianweekly.com/ub40-ticket/)

Malteser Monkey
04-03-2016, 16:45
Oooo they are soo good saw them years ago

Ecky Thump
04-03-2016, 17:11
Oooo they are soo good saw them years ago

Yes...it would have been many many years ago, your memory for a woman of your age is surprisingly good.:D

Malteser Monkey
04-03-2016, 18:03
Yes...it would have been many many years ago, your memory for a woman of your age is surprisingly good.:D

Bog off !! Late 80's - year you retired :whistle::raspberry2:

lynno52
04-03-2016, 19:18
Bet you can't guess who is going to this gig?......:whistle:

Anne 2009
04-03-2016, 19:27
Love UB40......

Ecky Thump
04-03-2016, 19:58
Bet you can't guess who is going to this gig?......:whistle:

It certainly can't be you as your a different generation than Malteser Monkey...she still has ration tickets, from the First World War!! :D

lynno52
04-03-2016, 20:00
It certainly can't be you as your a different generation than Malteser Monkey...she still has ration tickets, from the First World War!! :D

It certainly is me! :raspberry2: She will be back on in a mo-I'd duck if I was you...............:twak:

Ecky Thump
04-03-2016, 20:04
It certainly is me! :raspberry2: She will be back on in a mo-I'd duck if I was you...............:twak:

No need to duck, given MM's age she is slow on her feet.

When and where is the concert?

lynno52
04-03-2016, 20:09
No need to duck, given MM's age she is slow on her feet.

When and where is the concert?

18th March . Doors open 7-30, at Las Pyramides in Arona. Hope my flight is not delayed that day!

Anne 2009
04-03-2016, 20:36
Went on a trip to KINGSTON TOWN and we had MANY RIVERS TO CROSS. my hubby nearly fell of the boat but i managed to catch him as i shouted I GOT YOU BABE. After that we chilled out with a glass of RED RED WINE while i told him an old story to which he said that was a good VERSION GIRL. We were both hungry so i went to make something to eat. I let out a scream and hubby came running to ask what was wrong. I told him THERES A RAT IN MY KITCHEN. He said he,d been thinking about us moving abroad but i told him i was a HOMELY GIRL. As i was making a cuppa he asked if i would make him one to which i replied yes but BRING ME YOUR CUP. Later that night we had a massive arguement and i stormed out as my hubby was shouting DONT BREAK MY HEART.:crylaughing::spin::D

Malteser Monkey
05-03-2016, 11:12
Went on a trip to KINGS:laugh:TON TOWN and we had MANY RIVERS TO CROSS. my hubby nearly fell of the boat but i managed to catch him as i shouted I GOT YOU BABE. After that we chilled out with a glass of RED RED WINE while i told him an old story to which he said that was a good VERSION GIRL. We were both hungry so i went to make something to eat. I let out a scream and hubby came running to ask what was wrong. I told him THERES A RAT IN MY KITCHEN. He said he,d been thinking about us moving abroad but i told him i was a HOMELY GIRL. As i was making a cuppa he asked if i would make him one to which i replied yes but BRING ME YOUR CUP. Later that night we had a massive arguement and i stormed out as my hubby was shouting DONT BREAK MY HEART.:crylaughing::spin::D

and you said JOHNNY TOO BAD

seanocelt
05-03-2016, 13:10
got my tix first day, not a huge fan but good live, expect they will play stuff from latest album Silhouettes, which is very good.

marbro8
05-03-2016, 13:32
got my tix first day, not a huge fan but good live, expect they will play stuff from latest album Silhouettes, which is very good.i have seen them about 5-6 times now back in the uk. the trouble is. they split up with ali campbell forming his version of ub40. he was followed a few years later by astro and micky virtue. while the original band still consist of jimmy brown,robin campbell,earl faulkner,norman hassan and bill travers. and are fronted by singer and brother of ali, duncan campbell. so to me they are not ub40 anymore. they have been arguing over who can use the name for a couple of years now:(

seanocelt
05-03-2016, 20:47
yes been lots of discord, im happy enough with Ally and Astro.