PDA

View Full Version : Other What things are there to do near Candelaria?

AdrianB
08-03-2016, 14:41
Hi. I am coming to Tenerife at the end of the month for 2 weeks. My wife and i are staying in the resort of Candelaria. Can anyone tell me whats good to look out for and any general advice. Things like car hire, bike hire, nice walks and trips. Thanks

LUCKY
08-03-2016, 16:14
car hire http://www.autoreisen.es/ingles/tenerife_car_hire.php

A visit to El Medano

Mount Teide visit and cable car ride

Yellow submarine voyage from San Miguel marina

:flatcap::feret::feret::feret::feret:

AdrianB
08-03-2016, 16:27
Thanks for that. We have been to lots of places in and around Europe but it is our first visit to Tenerife. Its great to get a little advice beforehand.

kingbaker
08-03-2016, 16:43
Where is the resort of Candelaria??............I've never heard of it!!

Ecky Thump
08-03-2016, 18:16
Where is the resort of Candelaria??............I've never heard of it!!

Here you go Paul, hope this helps.

That's if the link works! :D

Candelaria, Tenerife - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
https://en.wikipedia.org › wiki › Candela...
Candelaria, also Villa Mariana de Candelaria, is a municipality and city in the eastern part of the island of Tenerife in the ...
‎Etymology of the name - ‎History - ‎Historical population - ‎Sites of interest

kingbaker
08-03-2016, 19:23
Is it where you turn off for TF5/2/ Airport norte....off the TF1 to S.Cruz?

Yer link's not working!!

lynno52
08-03-2016, 19:32
Is it where you turn off for TF5/2/ Airport norte....off the TF1 to S.Cruz?

Yer link's not working!!

Its working on my laptop.

Ecky Thump
08-03-2016, 19:34
Yer link's not working!!

Type in the words ....Candelaria Tenerife on your computer search engine and then it won't matter one iota if my link works or not......the power of information is within reach of your finger tips! :D

LUCKY
08-03-2016, 19:51
Type in the words ....Candelaria Tenerife on your computer search engine and then it won't matter one iota if my link works or not......the power of information is within reach of your finger tips! :D

Yes Google is my friend but he or she is not a member on the forum did not want to be sexist there me be a mod about. :flatcap:

AdrianB
08-03-2016, 20:14
It's about 15km south of Santa Cruz.

kingbaker
08-03-2016, 21:05
Its working on my laptop.

Yeah but Ecky sabotaged my one!! :D

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Yer wonderfull Ecky (when yer not fighting), but Candelaria is a Spanish town me thinks. I never thought of it as a RESORT!!?? Que??;)

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Yes Google is my friend but he or she is not a member on the forum did not want to be sexist there me be a mod about. :flatcap:

Me'n Ecky Thump will have to start up a new unit. In addition to SPAMBUSTERS, we'll set up ModBusters!! Any vollunteers? :lol::D

Arona1
08-03-2016, 21:31
Hi. I am coming to Tenerife at the end of the month for 2 weeks. My wife and i are staying in the resort of Candelaria. Can anyone tell me whats good to look out for and any general advice. Things like car hire, bike hire, nice walks and trips. Thanks

Candelaria is a very small town, not very much happening, you will need to hire a car, I'm not sure if thats possible in Candelaria.

kingbaker
08-03-2016, 23:51
Thats what I thought!!! Thank you Arona1
If you're expecting a resort, you'll be sadly disappointed.:o:(

junglejim
09-03-2016, 08:58
Welcome to Forum !

Itīs not far from Santa Cruz , the bus service into capital will allow you access to old town or a trip in Tranvia(tram) to La Laguna - a Trip to Loro Park is also worthwhile as is a journey South to Siam Park ,water park .
Candelaria is not really a resort but a lovely Canarian town with some character but almost totally Spanish speaking.
Car hire shouldnīt be a problem if youīve booked in advance although Easter Time will be busy.
Bike hire is possible but you are situated in an area at sea level that rapidly rises so unless you are really fit ,you wonīt be going far !

AdrianB
10-03-2016, 06:18
Apologies for calling Candelaria a resort and not a town, my mistake. Thanks for the helpful replies.

kingbaker
10-03-2016, 06:52
Apologies for calling Candelaria a resort and not a town, my mistake. Thanks for the helpful replies.

No apologies needed. I was concerned that you might have been mis-sold a holiday package. It happened to me once....years ago. I picked an appt-hotel on a website, where the accompanying map said that the hotel was two-three k's up in the hills, on the Teide side of the motorway near Los Cris. It turned out to being in Las Americas, full of 18-21 year olds on the lash!! They were lucky that I didn't bring them to court.

If you're happy, I'm happy for you!!

Enjoy!!:hello:

imablue
10-03-2016, 07:19
Candelaria is about 60km from los cristianos/ las Americas....Take the TF 1 to junction 17 join the TF 283 candelaria/arafo.... There's Candelaria...right by the Sea....

AdrianB
10-03-2016, 07:47
It sounds a bit quiet there but does not seem as if bike hire, car hire, or buses should be too much of a problem.

junglejim
10-03-2016, 11:01
If you do use the public bus service , the main bus routes in and out of Candelaria are numbered in 120īs range on Timetable supplied by TITSA
http://titsa.com/index.php?accion=planificaViaje1
Buying a Bono Card(prepaid bus ticket) will get you a discounted fare -ticket can be bought from various local shops and 1 ticket can be used for several people .
There are plenty of nice little places nearby ,Guimar, Las Caletillas that are off the tourist track, but as stated the main Tourist Area in the south Is Los Cristianos/Las Americas.
Be aware if hiring a car , Parking is an issue-if you park illegally the Police will have you towed away by tow-truck (Grua) - they come quicker than an Ambulance and it will cost you up to €120 to get car back - daily parking in a car park isnīt expensive normally .

Use googlemaps to explore round Candelaria and other areas!

https://www.google.es/maps/@28.3520922,-16.3702412,3a,75y,180h,90t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sI05ZxoI-GG5u38elz1nPSQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Arona1
10-03-2016, 14:05
It sounds a bit quiet there but does not seem as if bike hire, car hire, or buses should be too much of a problem.

Hire a car at the airport, no need for taxis busses etc.

LUCKY
10-03-2016, 15:41
Hire a car at the airport, no need for taxis busses etc.

Thats why i reccomended
http://www.autoreisen.es/ingles/tenerife_car_hire.php
:flatcap::feret::feret::feret::feret:

rossweller
10-03-2016, 17:25
Hello,im new to this so forgive me if im posting in the wrong place and what not.im wandering if anyone knows anything about working in tenerife from october onwards?im working the summer season in magaluf but would be interested in winter work aswell.thanks in advance

imablue
10-03-2016, 22:17
First thing is getting a job,that is the crux, you could spend half a year here and not get decent employment...

rossweller
10-03-2016, 23:04
Ok thanks for the info and reply.im assuming the way to go about it is to actually get myself over there and have a look around.cant really think of any other option tbh lol

imablue
10-03-2016, 23:21
Correct ..but i think somehow as you said in your post you maybe posting in the wrong thread but the post i gave still stands..and it is not easy to find good employment.

rossweller
10-03-2016, 23:23
Ok bud,thanks for your help!!