PDA

View Full Version : Property Is it a good idea to buy an apartment if Tenerife?

exit
08-03-2016, 19:26
Hi everybody, my name is Ric and planning to move to Tenerife next summer with wife and an 11 yo kid.
I am italian and actually living.....in Italy since one year after 10 years in Brazil: guess i am missing the weather, the beach :lol:.....so i decided for south Tenerife (Adeje area). I've already been living in Spain, in Madrid for 5 years, so i speak spanish.
Found this forum and lots of interesting info. I am planning to buy a 2 bedroom apt and possibly a smaller one to rent: sooo many properties in sale in Tenerife, is there a reason for that? Do you think that does it worth investing 60/70k for a small apt and rent it via airB&B? I speak 6 languages, do you think there are any chances to get a job?
Any special suggestions to take into consideration before moving on?
Cheers

exit
09-03-2016, 14:13
:wow: looks like everybody is very busy there......

Liftman
09-03-2016, 20:03
Various things for you exit.
1. Renting out your apartment is covered by many laws that attract huge fines if you don't abide by them
2. Jobs are few and far between. Spain has had a massive recession.
3. Lots of properties because it's a holiday island and there has been a massive recession.

I would suggest having a search through the forum first, as all of these questions have been answered in depth many times before.

exit
10-03-2016, 11:28
Thanx for your reply. Yes, looked around in the forum but was just curious to know if there have been any changements this last year.
About the rentals i knew that is something in some way risky, but even the inspectors are starting to be less strict and last appeals to fines are having certain success: is that true?
cheers

bennoa1
10-03-2016, 21:00
You'll need to be on a touristic complex to rent short term, but can rent long term (was min 6 month term (contracts) but may have changed) on a residential complex. Either way you'll need to pay tax every year.

exit
10-03-2016, 21:24
Thanx for the info :)