PDA

View Full Version : Finance Can I get by with €3000 for a Month holiday?

Damowills40
10-03-2016, 12:42
Am travelling to Tenerife in June for a months holiday and was querying wether it is possible to live with a €3000 budget am staying self catering in Los Cristianos
Many thanks

macdonald5
10-03-2016, 12:50
Am travelling to Tenerife in June for a months holiday and was querying wether it is possible to live with a €3000 budget am staying self catering in Los Cristianos
Many thanks

Is the £3000 budget after flights and accommodation paid for ??
If so unless your eating out 5 star every night £3000 definately very, very ample

Damowills40
10-03-2016, 13:26
And yes all flights accommodation transfers etc all paid for €3000 is just for living and enjoying off

kingbaker
10-03-2016, 13:36
That much wouldn't keep macdonald5 in Jim & Tommy:whistle:

macdonald5
10-03-2016, 14:46
And yes all flights accommodation transfers etc all paid for €3000 is just for living and enjoying off

How many are you ? Only 2 or a family ?
That makes a fair difference also if you eat out all meals, breakfast, lunch and dinner
When we stay a month self catering we have light breakfast and snack lunch in apartment most days unless travelling about
Dinner is normally eaten out in a mix of cheap and cheerful to bit pricier almost always with wine !!
We find you can get 'menued' out after a time and a simple pizza or similar ( with bottle of vino) on balcony can be relaxing change
Plenty of choices in Los Cristianos for eating out so sure you will enjoy

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

That much wouldn't keep macdonald5 in Jim & Tommy:whistle:

You getting me a bad name KB ?? Bombay Sapphire, Tanquerey ,etc not too expensive in Tenny ( and good measures)
And I don't drive while on jollies so no problemo !!

bennoa1
10-03-2016, 18:34
€3,000 for a month is only €100 per day which at 1.27 is less than £79 a day so its not that much. We usually spend on average about €80 euros a day (2 adults only) but that's only eating and drinking and doesn't include food we have in the apartment (which we own so stuff like coffee etc we just top up so don't have to buy when we arrive so you'll probably need a big shop on arrival). Much of that is usually an evening meal which is normally €40-€45 but we don't eat out at night every night, sometimes have a breakfast and snack out or a larger lunch and a pizza, cheese or BBQ meat with salad (ie simple and good value) at night and the wine at around 2.50 a bottle keeps the spend down. If you're doing water sports or buying anything then I think you'd be struggling on 100 per day, unless you happen to be Scottish. :wink:

kingbaker
10-03-2016, 18:40
Took the words outta my mouth!! :devil2::devil2:

macdonald5
10-03-2016, 18:41
€3,000 for a month is only €100 per day which at 1.27 is less than £79 a day so its not that much. We usually spend on average about €80 euros a day but that's only eating and drinking and doesn't include food we have in the apartment. Much of that is usually an evening meal which is normally €40-€45. If you're doing water sports or buying anything then I think you'd be struggling on 100 per day, unless you happen to be Scottish. :wink:

We Scottish have managed to have and enjoy many, many Tenerife jollies without feeling struggling finances And we do not penny pinch !!
Depends a lot on choices

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Took the words outta my mouth!! :devil2::devil2:

Are you really anti Scottish my dear KB ?.

kingbaker
10-03-2016, 18:47
Was taking a swipe at Ecky......never you dear!!:whistle:

And I'm nobodys Aunty:D

macdonald5
10-03-2016, 19:18
Was taking a swipe at Ecky......never you dear!!:whistle:

And I'm nobodys Aunty:D

Ok UNCLE.............