PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair winter flights

Mr s
15-03-2016, 17:08
Hi, winter flights from Birmingham just out, booked Xmas/Ny had to take
A mortgage out to pay for the flights, Did book seats & baggage & going out on 17/12/16

To 2/1/17 Peak time hands are tied, if they go down do they do the same as easyjet &
Give voucher .

tfs1
15-03-2016, 20:04
if they go down do they do the same as easyjet &
Give voucher .

no, you pays your money and takes your chance

bennoa1
16-03-2016, 21:58
Hi, winter flights from Birmingham just out, booked Xmas/Ny had to take
A mortgage out to pay for the flights, Did book seats & baggage & going out on 17/12/16

To 2/1/17 Peak time hands are tied, if they go down do they do the same as easyjet &
Give voucher .
Same here. My parents will be on the same flights as you. We come back on the 3rd (bit cheaper but went up 35 euros each from 2pm to 6pm) but going 5th December so couldn't have anymore time off. Had a nightmare booking seats and priority boarding though. Looked at East Mids but all flights showing sold out so not sure if released yet.

lesbroz
17-03-2016, 00:02
Same here. My parents will be on the same flights as you. We come back on the 3rd (bit cheaper but went up 35 euros each from 2pm to 6pm) but going 5th December so couldn't have anymore time off. Had a nightmare booking seats and priority boarding though. Looked at East Mids but all flights showing sold out so not sure if released yet.

East Midlands not released yet. I am still waiting!

bennoa1
17-03-2016, 12:09
East Midlands not released yet. I am still waiting!

Really annoying that there is such a long gap between releases as Manchester was 18th of Feb, enabling them to get the best deals on apartments, cars etc. I tried to get a sensible answer out of Ryanair 3 times on 2 counts 1) if the route was going to continue (which I guessed it would) and 2) when the flights would be released. They kept reeling out the stock answer of around 6 months before, even 2 days before they released the BHX flights. I was also looking at Norwegian for my parents as last year they flew around 18:30 on the last school day which meant they had the full day on Saturday rather than spend most of it travelling, but looking at prices from Manchester the flights were around £100 more each way than Ryanair. Feel sorry for you - is BHX an option?

lesbroz
18-03-2016, 00:56
Really annoying that there is such a long gap between releases as Manchester was 18th of Feb, enabling them to get the best deals on apartments, cars etc. I tried to get a sensible answer out of Ryanair 3 times on 2 counts 1) if the route was going to continue (which I guessed it would) and 2) when the flights would be released. They kept reeling out the stock answer of around 6 months before, even 2 days before they released the BHX flights. I was also looking at Norwegian for my parents as last year they flew around 18:30 on the last school day which meant they had the full day on Saturday rather than spend most of it travelling, but looking at prices from Manchester the flights were around £100 more each way than Ryanair. Feel sorry for you - is BHX an option?

BHX is too far. I think I will fly our from Manchester, but will need to return to EMA because of the late arrival time.

bennoa1
18-03-2016, 09:27
BHX is too far. I think I will fly our from Manchester, but will need to return to EMA because of the late arrival time. I see you're in Sheffield so understand, but the travel time from EMA to BHX is around 30 minutes - I do the journey 10 times a week and its not a far as you think. We always look at EMA to see if we can get better flights times/prices. Luckily my work has a place just outside Castle Donington I can park the car at if I need to. When I was out in October for a long weekend we flew on a Thursday and came back Monday and one of the guys dropped me at eth airport and picked us up which was great. EMA flights were daily and BHX missed 2 or 3 days so EMA offered a bit more flexibility. Depending upon how long you're going for look at parking at Birmingham International - its between £5 and £8 per day and the shuttle runs direct onto the first floor of the main terminal direct from the railway station building (attached to the car park). We always see crew on the shuttle so its obviously cheaper than parking in the airport.

barryk
22-03-2016, 03:19
RA from EMA prices released, but no March 2017 yet

Barryk

Red
12-04-2016, 09:19
Can't start a thread on my iPhone, so gonna have to hijack this sorry.
I'm fly from Tenerife Sur to Manchester on Thursday with Ryanair.
I'm getting conflicting reports as to wether they accept paperless boarding cards (ie - I've checked in online and have the boarding passes stored in my i wallet) Anyone used this method? 5 of us so don't want to get stung at check in. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ecky Thump
12-04-2016, 09:35
Can't start a thread on my iPhone, so gonna have to hijack this sorry.
I'm fly from Tenerife Sur to Manchester on Thursday with Ryanair.
I'm getting conflicting reports as to wether they accept paperless boarding cards (ie - I've checked in online and have the boarding passes stored in my i wallet) Anyone used this method? 5 of us so don't want to get stung at check in. Thanks

Relax, they will accept your electronic boarding pass.....but me being cautious still print my boarding pass out, old habits die hard! :D

Red
12-04-2016, 09:56
Thanks ecky, my missus agrees with you. I'll print them out just in case but hoping this is the last time. So much easier to flash your phone.

barryk
12-04-2016, 12:55
Been using the app for over a year now or from when it first came out. Thinking of going commando next flight (no paper). Just remember if you check in on your PC you may have to check in on your phone also to recover the passes.

Has anyone noticed what has happened to the seat prices. There are now about 4/5 different prices depending on where you sit from 20gbp down to 6gbp.
Barryk

melm
12-04-2016, 19:56
Thanks ecky, my missus agrees with you. I'll print them out just in case but hoping this is the last time. So much easier to flash your phone.

I did mine for the first time on a flight home in March. No problems at all. I followed some hints tfs1 suggested (on the Ryanair information thread). Namely make sure your battery is fully charged and "snooze" is put on a longer time . I set mine to 30minutes and had no problems. If I can do it anyone can. :)

Red
17-04-2016, 21:21
Ryanair boarding pass app was a dream. Printing boarding passes is history. Flashed the iPhone at check-in then once again at the gate and finally to the flight attendant. Will be doing the same for Faro in August.