PDA

View Full Version : How would you improve the forum?

Anne 2009
17-03-2016, 20:10
Im hoping if we all put our ideas down that admin MIGHT read them and have a discussion with us. So here goes.................. for me it would have to be change how mods operate. I think they should have to use there forum name aswell as stating moderator. I also think admin could put a advert on the forum when they are looking for new mods and maybe the members could vote/or nominate. Theres too much mistrust at the moment among mods. Toto and Angusjim, i know you have said you wont be posting anymore but i would like your input on this please. :D Oh and another one, i would ask Toto to return as a mod.......:) At least that would be one we could trust.

TOTO 99
17-03-2016, 20:26
Im hoping if we all put our ideas down that admin MIGHT read them and have a discussion with us. So here goes.................. for me it would have to be change how mods operate. I think they should have to use there forum name aswell as stating moderator. I also think admin could put a advert on the forum when they are looking for new mods and maybe the members could vote/or nominate. Theres too much mistrust at the moment among mods. Toto and Angusjim, i know you have said you wont be posting anymore but i would like your input on this please. :D Oh and another one, i would ask Toto to return as a mod.......:) At least that would be one we could trust.

Anne, believe me, I've been down this route...Read my post again. They are not interested. Being decent is not part of the criteria. Quite the opposite in fact. Every time you rant back at something on here that you don't like, take the time to consider that it was put there by someone up above to wind you up. It's a game that's being watched over by someone pretending to be of a higher intelligence and you are their bit of fun. Game over for me. Game over for most when the truth sinks in.

Anne 2009
17-03-2016, 20:47
Anne, believe me, I've been down this route...Read my post again. They are not interested. Being decent is not part of the criteria. Quite the opposite in fact. Every time you rant back at something on here that you don't like, take the time to consider that it was put there by someone up above to wind you up. It's a game that's being watched over by someone pretending to be of a higher intelligence and you are their bit of fun. Game over for me. Game over for most when the truth sinks in.

Oh im not foolish enough to not know who is behind it all.And do you know what, it probably was a bad idea to start this thread as im just getting more and more disillusioned with it. Whats the point in trying to right something if the wrong ones are,nt interested.

melm
17-03-2016, 21:26

Doesn't make for a happy balanced forum. Sadly disappointed and disillusioned.

warbey
17-03-2016, 21:38

The truth sank in when I read the way that Mods were differentiated, with a -- or__.

What's wrong with A.B. or C or even 1 2 3. ?

It's the People posting who keep any Forum popular and no peple - no Forum.........

is that the ultimate aim.? Please come back Slodgey, You always made sense.!!

Carol55
17-03-2016, 22:13

If there is a Moderator about, maybe they could combine this hopefully useful thread with kingbaker 's one titled 'It's Quiet' as they both should have some insight to some of the observed problems of what's seen as a ailing Tenerife Forum. :idea:

Anne 2009
17-03-2016, 22:25

If there is a Moderator about, maybe they could combine this hopefully useful thread with kingbaker 's one titled 'It's Quiet' as they both should have some insight to some of the observed problems of a ailing Tenerife Forum. :idea:

Wouldnt hold your breath on that one carol. There has been at least one moderator on and off all day reading various posts. And doubt they think the matters that are concerning their members are not serious enough to concern them. I often wonder if they all think that if they ignore everyones issues they might shut up?? Ive a funny feeling the members wont shut up that easy on these issues!

tfs1
18-03-2016, 01:04
Anne, believe me, I've been down this route...Read my post again. They are not interested. Being decent is not part of the criteria. Quite the opposite in fact. Every time you rant back at something on here that you don't like, take the time to consider that it was put there by someone up above to wind you up.
It's a game that's being watched over by someone pretending to be of a higher intelligence and you are their bit of fun. Game over for me. Game over for most when the truth sinks in.

sadly been there and you are totally correct.

marbro8
18-03-2016, 01:24
The thread title asked How would you improve the forum? If I was the owner. And I had no interest in it anymore. Then I would either hand it over to someone who was interested in keeping the values that has kept it in the public eye for the last 10 years. Or pull out all the stops to reserect it myself. With more conviction and transparency to loyal members. Either way this forum needs better leadership from whoever takes it into the next 10 years

Malteser Monkey
18-03-2016, 09:05
The thread title asked How would you improve the forum? If I was the owner. And I had no interest in it anymore. Then I would either hand it over to someone who was interested in keeping the values that has kept it in the public eye for the last 10 years. Or pull out all the stops to reserect it myself. With more conviction and transparency to loyal members. Either way this forum needs better leadership from whoever takes it into the next 10 years

I agree - if you're not interested in it sell it - what's the point !

macdonald5
18-03-2016, 09:16
Totally agree ,if owner not interested why carry on? Like an albatross round neck ?
Sell or give away to interested party

West mids tyke
18-03-2016, 09:24
sad to read this post dont know how to improve the site but this was the fiorst place i came to 6 years ago when we first visited the Reef, through it I found a lot of helpful information but also made some friends some i have met some i havent. I still pop back in now and again because once you been to the island its addictive whether you have been back since or not, for health rewasons at present i dont know when ill be back but i do intend to try and get back in next few years and hopefully this forum will still be going ... time to bring the happiness back .. one thing i have noticed is there are too many sub menus so possibly try to streamline and simplify the set up of the menus .. dont shoot the messenger just a suggestion from my experience of websites .. short and sweet thats the way forward i think with open to people mods

Anne 2009
18-03-2016, 12:02
Still no response by mods/admin on this thread or the "Toto is leaving" thread " on any of the issues that we are concerned about! Anyone suprised by that????

Malteser Monkey
18-03-2016, 12:07
Still no response by mods/admin on this thread or the "Toto is leaving" thread " on any of the issues that we are concerned about! Anyone suprised by that????

You got more chance of MDM getting a round in :cheeky:

Anne 2009
18-03-2016, 13:15
You got more chance of MDM getting a round in :cheeky:

Large vodka and coke please.......................:cheers2:

Malteser Monkey
18-03-2016, 13:23

Whilst we wait for Admin then eh:cheeky:

Anne 2009
18-03-2016, 13:26
Whilst we wait for Admin then eh:cheeky:

Better make that a couple of bottles................:laugh:

Malteser Monkey
18-03-2016, 13:27
Better make that a couple of bottles................:laugh:

Take away and 2 single rooms !

Medman
18-03-2016, 13:33

One at a time time ladies; I'm Medman not Superman .. :whistle:

admin
18-03-2016, 13:54
Points made on this thread have been answered here : http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/showthread.php?40465-TOTO-99-Is-Leaving&p=516577#post516577

TheBloke
19-03-2016, 00:04
anne2009 we have a life to live and aren.t on the forum 24 hours a day.A forum relies on its members to succeed or fail and the admin and mods should be non existent to you,The forum has been fantastically successful in the past and maybe the same in the future but that is up to the people here at the moment.It is not a business as we gain nothing from it but the potential is there for someone with time and motivation.

PM kirsty or submit a support ticket to her if you want to be a mod or buy the forum Gordon

Carol55
03-09-2016, 12:21
anne2009 we have a life to live and aren.t on the forum 24 hours a day.A forum relies on its members to succeed or fail and the admin and mods should be non existent to you,The forum has been fantastically successful in the past and maybe the same in the future but that is up to the people here at the moment.It is not a business as we gain nothing from it but the potential is there for someone with time and motivation.

Well the highlighted part of the above post is certainly true!:confused:

Moderator_
03-09-2016, 15:55
and what point are you trying to make Carol55????

Carol55
03-09-2016, 17:22
and what point are you trying to make Carol55????

Simply that there is little or no moderating happening, a obvious pointer to this is the amount of spam posters that have been reported with no action being taken.
Also members via other members that have asked for help by the ticket method with no apparent response, a example of this would be ciderhunter putting in a ticket on behalf of Leam_Lin. hopefully this one might now have been attended to.:dontknow:

NCAAFootball01 is a regular spam poster who posted just before you responded to my post.

Moderator_
04-09-2016, 15:46
why don't you volunteer to be a moderator Carol55 ?