PDA

View Full Version : Is it necessary for over-zealous mods to change thread titles on the Tenerife Forum?

Tom & Sharon
31-05-2011, 21:54
I (Tom) posted a thread earlier on Sharon's excuse for buying something expensive.

It was meant to be a lighthearted thread, and was named as such.

The thread title has now been changed to a title which I feel does not reflect the nature of the thread which was intended. Is this really necessary? If there are spelling mistakes or grammatical errors in thread titles, then intervention is required. Otherwise, threads should be titled as per the OP.

I hope this forum isn't going to become over policed, as at the moment it has the feeling of "1984".

pablo1
31-05-2011, 22:00
I (Tom) posted a thread earlier on Sharon's excuse for buying something expensive.

The thread title has now been changed to a title which I feel does not reflect the nature of the thread which was intended. Is this really necessary? If there are spelling mistakes or grammatical errors in thread titles, then intervention is required. Otherwise, threads should be titled as per the OP.

I hope this forum isn't going to become over policed, as at the moment it has the feeling of "1984".

Is it necessaary to start a new thread just to moan when a simple PM would have sufficed?
This forum doesn't have the feeling of " 1984 " but it does have the feeling that some members are going to try and do their utmost to prevent it from running smoothly.
Fortunately, it couldn't be in better hands.....

with cheese
31-05-2011, 22:04
And you have the ******** to have a go at people taking a dig at others.
I thought that was a very question, as I am sure others did.

pablo1
31-05-2011, 22:14
And you have the ******** to have a go at people taking a dig at others.
I thought that was a very question, as I am sure others did.

I'm sure you did Kev, I happen to disagree though. :-)

doreen
31-05-2011, 22:17

Ah, that's who it is ... I was wondering where he got to :)

KirstyJay
31-05-2011, 22:17

Just done a search through your threads to see what the original title was, as I would have changed it back, then I realised why it was changed in the first place... if you didn't use swear words in the thread title on a family forum then maybe it would have been left alone ;)

The rules have not changed, you still can't swear in posts and starred out words will be removed from thread titles, so maybe you should choose a more family friendly title in future and I doubt anyone would bother changing it... it's not like we look for extra stuff to do :D

caroll72
31-05-2011, 22:18
Never mind changing thread titles, Just started a thread about 60's, and my first post has disappeared.
Are the gremlins at work again lol?? :eyebrows::doh:

KirstyJay
31-05-2011, 22:19
Never mind changing thread titles, Just started a thread about 60's, and my first post has disappeared.
Are the gremlins at work again lol?? :eyebrows::doh:No... antispam auto mod. You have under 10 posts and posted a link. I approved it for you. :)

caroll72
31-05-2011, 22:21
Oh, sorry, didnt know i couldnt post a video or 2 :surrender:
Forgetting i'm a 'newbie' again after over 1000 posts on the old forum.:crazy:

caroll72
31-05-2011, 22:33
No... antispam auto mod. You have under 10 posts and posted a link. I approved it for you. :)

Cheers Kirsty, :cheers:
But its still not showing & iv'e gone over 10 now!! :typing:

with cheese
31-05-2011, 22:39
A mere guess but you can find him elsewhere.
So If it was not a good thread to start why so many replies?

KirstyJay
31-05-2011, 22:53
Oh, sorry, didnt know i couldnt post a video or 2 :surrender:
Forgetting i'm a 'newbie' again after over 1000 posts on the old forum.:crazy:Spammers usually post links in their first few posts, so it auto filters links so they can't :) We have to manually approve them, which takes until someone sees it :)

EDIT > I've just done it now... dunno what I approved earlier then! You posted it BEFORE you had 10 posts, so it was still unapproved.

mike in chayofa
01-06-2011, 14:20
.......The thread title has now been changed to a title which I feel does not reflect the nature of the thread which was intended. Is this really necessary? If there are spelling mistakes or grammatical errors in thread titles, then intervention is required. Otherwise, threads should be titled as per the OP.

On joining any forum you agree to abide by the terms and conditions of use and/or forum rules.

You cannot expect to agree to these and then complain when they are enforced.

Extracts from our terms of use and rules state:

(a) Additionally, we reserve the right to delete, edit or modify any message posted on any part of the Site or to suspend or remove the accounts of Users.

(b) Moderation decisions are final. Please do not question moderator decisions on the open thread. We have a perfectly adequate helpdesk for any problems or queries you may have about any decision. Please us it in the first instance.

Thank you.

Pooch and Mutt
01-06-2011, 14:51

do not question the powers that be or youll regret it.
meglomaniac, ive seen it all before, im married to one.
not for too much longer though, i have a cunning plan.

doreen
01-06-2011, 14:56
do not question the powers that be or youll regret it.
meglomaniac, ive seen it all before, im married to one.
not for too much longer though, i have a cunning plan.

If they read the forum, they'll know :rolleyes:

Pooch and Mutt
01-06-2011, 14:58
If they read the forum, they'll know :rolleyes:

she wont read this cos she works full time in the abbotoir, she kills cows all day.

with cheese
01-06-2011, 20:34
she wont read this cos she works full time in the abbotoir, she kills cows all day.

That's Bull.......never be redundant, loads left.