PDA

View Full Version : Internet vpn

tub
04-04-2016, 20:03
HI I was wondering if pooh still runs the vpn service as i will be bringing my kindle fire with me and would like to watch british tv on it but not sure if that is possible any info would be appreciated

junglejim
05-04-2016, 05:33
you don´t need a VPN for Film On here.
Also Mikey1234 has a BBC iPlayer that doesn´t need vpn
It´s in Xunity Talk Repository
also

https://seo-michael.co.uk/how-to-install-xunitytalk-repo-xbmc/

You will need internet at around 3MBs .

Rodders
05-04-2016, 09:51
HI I was wondering if pooh still runs the vpn service as i will be bringing my kindle fire with me and would like to watch british tv on it but not sure if that is possible any info would be appreciated

I use Tunnel Bear when I am in Tenerife, works a treat with Sky Go and all other TV programs.

grumps
05-04-2016, 13:12
I use Vpnunlimited and that still works with I player.

junglejim
05-04-2016, 15:05
I think you will find even though B.b.c I-Player is on Kodi,it will not connect now even if you use a Vpn,
i have Cyberghost Vpn,but I-player can now detect you are using a vpn.

Andy the link to add-on for BBC iPlayer I provided works without VPN , I´m using it now to watch Sportscene in Tenerife -

tub
05-04-2016, 19:42
thanks for that will have to have a look round at options

ali252
07-04-2016, 10:12
I use Cyberghost as well and I-Player still works but you have to manually go through the UK links in the settings till you find one that still works.

anto3
07-04-2016, 17:01
I used vpn. Did not work well and film on goes on and of.So look around

timmylish
07-04-2016, 17:20
I think you will find even though B.b.c I-Player is on Kodi,it will not connect now even if you use a Vpn,
i have Cyberghost Vpn,but I-player can now detect you are using a vpn.

Being a permanent resident of Tenerife, since the introduction of VPN,s I have used a variety of different suppliers and currently use Tunnel Bear which provides me with excellent production and I am at this very moment watching Flog It on the BBC i_player. I have had uninterrupted viewing this way notwithstanding the efforts of the Beeb and I should also say ITV on their player. Of the two ITV can be a bit trickier but I get near perfect production at all times of the day and night. As i,ve said I use TunnelBear and can readily recommend it use.

junglejim
08-04-2016, 07:48
Being a permanent resident of Tenerife, since the introduction of VPN,s I have used a variety of different suppliers and currently use Tunnel Bear which provides me with excellent production and I am at this very moment watching Flog It on the BBC i_player. I have had uninterrupted viewing this way notwithstanding the efforts of the Beeb and I should also say ITV on their player. Of the two ITV can be a bit trickier but I get near perfect production at all times of the day and night. As i,ve said I use TunnelBear and can readily recommend it use.
Hi Timmy ,hope your doing OK!
I´ve used Tunnel Bear in past as a free VPN , they give you around 1Gb a month free which was enough for about an hour of TV.
We get most UK Channels via community Satellite and anything else via Android Kodi and Internet - hoping to buy a Smart TV shortly that will allow Kodi to be loaded -any suggestions out there ?

timmylish
14-04-2016, 00:33
Hi Timmy ,hope your doing OK!
I´ve used Tunnel Bear in past as a free VPN , they give you around 1Gb a month free which was enough for about an hour of TV.
We get most UK Channels via community Satellite and anything else via Android Kodi and Internet - hoping to buy a Smart TV shortly that will allow Kodi to be loaded -any suggestions out there ?

Kodi is going thru' massive changes with a large number of developer individuals deciding either to change complety, block access to the minions or start charging a feew, which of course goes against the primary concept so defeats the whole purpose in Kodi. Once you get a Smart TV then yes opportunities for Kodi will expand, you,ll be able to use a pre-loaded 'stick' to plug into your new TV and the rest. Once you do get your new TV, if you wish, I can look into what is available (one of my Celtic Forums has a wizz kid on Kodi from whom I may be able to get the latest info. and pass this onto you). We can communicate either here or by another source, email etc, in due course. Meantime kind regards. John.