PDA

View Full Version : Internet Cancel your vodafone without any consequences

vove
07-04-2016, 14:56
Due to the changes made by vodafone in their terms and conditions (increased monthly fee) everyone having contract with them (signed before the changes were announced, March 16th I guess) can cancel the contract before April 18th without any consequences at all.

If someone is not happy with vodafone this is great opportunity to switch the ISP.

Ricman
07-04-2016, 16:38
Where is the information about all this or can you let us have some more details.

I have serious issues with Vodafone as they basically lied to me & made it so difficult to cancel a contract taken out last summer. I decided it was easier to let this run for 12 months & bin it a.s.a.p. after. It would be good to have a legitimate reason to cancel it right now.

vove
07-04-2016, 17:29
I edited topic's name and my answer disappeared so here it goes again:

Where is the information about all this or can you let us have some more details.

I have serious issues with Vodafone as they basically lied to me & made it so difficult to cancel a contract taken out last summer. I decided it was easier to let this run for 12 months & bin it a.s.a.p. after. It would be good to have a legitimate reason to cancel it right now.

I received information by standard post from vodafone and called their support to confirm it. Normally you would have 30 to cancel the contract counted from the date you received the information but there are no information on the letter itself regarding when you actually got it therefore in case you would want to sue them they will say it was publicly announced 30 days beforehand. Lady from the customer service told me you can cancel until April 18th (that's the day when the fee is updated), so I guess it was announced on May 16th or 17th.

Basically what it is it is the change in contract made by vodafone (monthly fee increased) which entitles you to cancel said contract without any legal consequences. Once the changes are effective it is assumed you accepted them and your contract will stay valid until the original ending date.

Just go to the sales point where you got your contract (or any other vodafone shop I guess) and ask them how to proceed. You can take every piece of equipment you "borrowed" from them and return it for a full refund etc. and resolve the contract.

AndyG
07-04-2016, 18:44
I was in the same position with BT in the UK before I moved to Tenerife last year: they could not find a copy of the letter that they say was sent to me advising that prices were increasing within my initial contract period. As such they agreed to release me from a 12 month contract after just 5 months and there were no penalties or exit fees payable. Result , as I was moving to Tenerife and no longer needed their internet services!

UKj
07-04-2016, 21:29

I had a similar problem with Vodafone. They claimed they could deliver ADSL and signed me up for 2 mobiles in with the deal. Then they dragged their feet for 3 months, each time I called I was told that ADSL would be installed in the next 21 days. After 3 months they finally admitted they couldn't install ADSL as there was no capacity, They would not allow me to cancel the mobile contracts, which were part of the "package" and I only took out as they reduced the cost of the ADSL. It took a lot of phone calls to Vodafone to get them to finally accept responsibility and refund my money. I wouldn't touch them again. If you have a problem like this, my advice is just keep calling them. Make a note of the time and date each time you do and keep reminding them each time you call of how many times you have called. Good luck!

vove
08-04-2016, 15:14
I guess it was announced on May 16th or 17th.

Of course I meant to say March 16th or 17th :D

Telecommunications companies in Spain are a joke in general and they are all the same, so if you had sad story with operator "X" I wouldn't count that it won't happen with operator "Y".

Nevertheless I don't like to give my money to a company that doesn't respect me as their customer. Orange is awful as well, same is movistar. In that matter receiving a good service depends on your luck mostly. Customer service in Spain is close to non existent, the automated customer service that redirects you to outsourced customer service- as a matter of fact you rarely speak with someone directly employed by the company. They only contact you when you ditch them- happened to me with Orange, they were surprised I am not happy with their services and I was laughing heartily at how clueless they are about their company.

The worst thing is there are no alternatives like R in galicia or Euskaltel in Basque Country, these are good. But hey, surprise, surprise, both of them are basically same company under US management.

Spanish corporations simply don't work as we would expect them to.

information
08-04-2016, 19:43
Orange is awful as well, same is movistar. .

I used to class Movistar/Telefonica as the worst company I ever had the misfortune to deal with. Now I have to say over the past 4 years they have been very good. Something must of changed. I would not change to any other company now.

vove
11-04-2016, 17:08
Small update. As I am cancelling mine vodafone I spoke with them today and got yet another different date, they told me I have time till 15.04, so that's 3 days less than I originally thought and what would appear from the information they sent me earlier this month, and from the information they told me when I first called them.

To sum it up it seems the final day is 15.04. I was assured that calling them and saying you don't want the contract anymore is enough but we will see about that as I still have their router and AFAIK it has to be returned. If someone is interested I will call them Friday morning and check how to proceed. Probably will post here once I do it.

UKj
12-04-2016, 19:10
Small update. As I am cancelling mine vodafone I spoke with them today and got yet another different date, they told me I have time till 15.04, so that's 3 days less than I originally thought and what would appear from the information they sent me earlier this month, and from the information they told me when I first called them.

To sum it up it seems the final day is 15.04. I was assured that calling them and saying you don't want the contract anymore is enough but we will see about that as I still have their router and AFAIK it has to be returned. If someone is interested I will call them Friday morning and check how to proceed. Probably will post here once I do it.

They arranged for a courier to collect my router free of charge. I offered to take it in to a Vodafone shop but was told they wouldn't accept it.

vove
14-04-2016, 19:40
They arranged for a courier to collect my router free of charge. I offered to take it in to a Vodafone shop but was told they wouldn't accept it.

Ok, it's done but in my case they haven't arranged a courier, I have been told we can keep the router free of charge or if we don't want it we can take it to any vodafone shop and they will recycle it ???

So that seems to be the end of the story (I hope :) )