PDA

View Full Version : Advice wanted Advice needed...

Candy36
14-04-2016, 18:33
Hello,

On monday i seen two different gestors get the advice about opening new business...one of them was 100% positive about it and told me that it will be easy to get started and have all licences in place within a month. Another one was 100% sure that we will not receive licences we require and that i am waisting my time and money.. I am very confused now and dont know what to do anymore. What would you do? Would you go and see another gestor?thank you

Moderator_
14-04-2016, 18:42
Ask yourself how did you get to meet these 2 different gestors in the first place? Were they recommended to you by people who have operated a SUCCESSFUL business in Tenerife for some time , or did you hear about them from "some bloke/friend in the pub" ? Unless the former then I wouldn't deal with them and certainly would n't take their advice.

Candy36
14-04-2016, 18:52
I found them online. Would you or anyone else be able to recommend one of the top gestors in Tenerife as it is, of course,important to get right information? Thank you for your help

doreen
14-04-2016, 20:28
Hi Candy ... I know you don't want to reveal all at this stage, but can you give us an idea as to what sort of business you were looking at (bar, restaurant, retail shop, excursions or whatever) ... also, whether Arona or Adeje or elsewhere.

Candy36
14-04-2016, 20:48
Hello Doreen,

Thank you for your time...well, I am looking to operate excursions in and around Adeje. Would you know of a suitable gestor who will be able to help? :thanx:

doreen
14-04-2016, 21:10
Operating excursions is different to just selling excursions ... transport licences can be difficult to obtain. Anything connected with the beach/sea (water sports etc) is regulated also by Costas (Coastal Authority) and concessions auctioned off by the relevant Town Hall every few years. Having been involved with a few businesses over the years, I have to warn you that the bureaucracy & hoops you have to jump through can be exhausting.

Someone who might be able to help you (at least to ask the right questions in Adeje Town Hall) is a member here, Goldenmaniac, though I haven't seen her on recently

Her web site is http://www.diana-mcglone.com and hopefully you can contact her via that.

Moderator_
14-04-2016, 21:58
I can't do better than echo doreen 's comments and advice.

Candy36
15-04-2016, 11:05
Hello,

Thank you very much for your advice....we will take it on board and hopefully find someone who can help us :thanx:

doreen
15-04-2016, 15:54
Candy, are you connected with a recent poster who was enquiring about importing second hand tour buses, by any chance ? If yes, and if it was the guy I recommended re importation & registration of cars, who said you would never get a licence, then I think you have the correct answer.

Candy36
15-04-2016, 17:49
No I am not connected, but i have seen his post and will contact him now :)