PDA

View Full Version : Other Mobility scooter hire in Playa de Las Americas

ncfcfan
17-04-2016, 21:03
Please could I have some advise on hiring a mobility scooter in South Tenerife ( Playa De Las Americas)

I am unsure whether I can trust google search as I think some now be closed. I do NOT want to be let down as my son is disabled and really needs one on holiday.

Thanks

Leam_Lin
17-04-2016, 21:45
As long as you are in need of a mobility scooter you will have no problems, take your mobility documents with you.

Welcome to the Forum.

ncfcfan
18-04-2016, 06:17
Any recommendations on what company to use as its important I am not let down by a company that fails to turn up and deliver the scooter or that the scooter isnt in a safe or good state of repair.

Medman
18-04-2016, 08:18
Any recommendations on what company to use as its important I am not let down by a company that fails to turn up and deliver the scooter or that the scooter isnt in a safe or good state of repair.

One of our members marbro8, who unfortunately hasn't posted for about a month, would have been the guy to ask, as he regularly hires one for his disabled niece. I would suggest that you send him a PM (personal message) and hopefully he will respond. Best of luck.

melm
18-04-2016, 09:30
If you are going to a hotel I think reception would organise this for you. Good luck

Ecky Thump
18-04-2016, 09:37
Please could I have some advise on hiring a mobility scooter in South Tenerife ( Playa De Las Americas)

I am unsure whether I can trust google search as I think some now be closed. I do NOT want to be let down as my son is disabled and really needs one on holiday.

Thanks

One of our members marbro8, who unfortunately hasn't posted for about a month, would have been the guy to ask, as he regularly hires one for his disabled niece. I would suggest that you send him a PM (personal message) and hopefully he will respond. Best of luck.

I'm regularly in touch with Mark (Marbro8) and if needed, I can get the information needed from him this evening....or maybe earlier.;)

blondie
18-04-2016, 14:43
Yes I hope you manage to get one before the people who use them for no other reason than they are too fat and lazy to walk get there before you . This has been taken to a whole new level now , I thought it was bad last year but this Easter holiday it all pales into insignificance . Whole families on them now , maw , paw and the weans !!I actually saw one being driven by the young son , maybe 10 years of age , he had no idea about his or anybody elses safety , the fat lazy father thought it was all so funny folk jumping out of the way .I hope deserving folk don't miss out because of these idiots as it seems to be the preferred mode of transport now in LA .

ncfcfan
18-04-2016, 19:01
Thats bad blondie. My son has a very rare skin condition which means he gets blisters and really thick skin so cannot walk far at all and now he is 16 its really hard work to push him in a wheel chair. We do have a scooter for him at home so he uses it responsibly but darednt take it on holiday incase its damaged within the transportation on the plane etc. Have you ever tried to claim through an airline? Nightmare..

Ecky Thump
18-04-2016, 19:14
ncfcfan I have just received this message from one of our forum members marbro8......

the best place we found was the russian girl next to bar gavota opposite the church in los cris. very good value for money. the big yellow one's. and the charge lasts for about 30 miles and will go from los cris to la caletta and back easily. but i don't think they deliver?. other than that you can hire one of the red one's from bob and jess at redarrow on the compostella in las americas. and they will get it delivered. you can also hire one from the shop just up from manhattan's in los cris. this used to be the easiest one for us because of staying on el mirador. both of the latter options are ok if you will not want to travel miles on it. but it all depends where you are staying hope this helps.

information
19-04-2016, 09:36
http://orangebadge.eu/

been here for years, will deliver. They only hire to people who are in need of scooters.

Boadicea
19-04-2016, 09:56
My husband uses a mobilty scooter he bought online in the UK from a company called Betterlife, part of the Lloyds Pharmacy group. It cost about £400 and takes apart into 5 pieces which fit into our car boot.

We found that easyJet take scooters and wheelchairs free of charge to Tenerife. The scooter is driven to the plane at Gatwick, and a helper puts it into the hold. At Tenerife South, we wait in the plane until the scooter is delivered to the door of the plane, and off we go. When taken apart, the scooter fits into taxis and hire cars so transport is no problem.

Best of all, it costs us nothing!

ncfcfan
19-04-2016, 18:52
Do you have to take the battery off the scooter when you leave it? We have had luggage damaged through an airline and its so difficult to get any compensation so are scared to take it abroad on a plane. We are not going through easyjet though. The scooter is my sons lifeline so cant afford to have it damaged.

Boadicea
19-04-2016, 19:54
When we were queuing at the gate, a staff member met us He stayed with us until we got to the door of the plane where we left the scooter in his charge. He then drove it away to be loaded into the hold. So the battery had to stay on the scooter for the journey

After landing at Tenerife we had to wait on board until the scooter was driven up to the door of the plane.

I can understand your concern about having the scooter damaged, but
the service at both Gatwick and Tenerife South was brilliant, and the scooter was undamaged! We shall definitely be doing it again.