PDA

View Full Version : Other Where is Avenida Generalisimo in Puerto de la Cruz?

pikano
19-04-2016, 06:20
I have a couple of downloaded maps of Puerto de la Cruz. I keep reading online about places in Avenida Generalisimo, but I can't find it on the map.

Any ideas?

Also another map shows a place called "The British Club" not far from the English Library. I can't find anything about this online, only the British Games Club which is in a different location.

Thanks for any info.

canarybird
19-04-2016, 08:49
Hi Pikano...

The Avenida Generalisimo was renamed to eliminate memories of the former dictator General Franco. New name is Avenido Familia de Betancourt y Molina.

The British Club had to move out of their premises and now is seen as The British Games Club who meet at Alvaro's Tennis Club in that new location on your map, where they play tennis and bowls and have other social activities.

Hope that helps.

pikano
19-04-2016, 22:27
Thanks for the clarification Canarybird :)

Graham

Hi Pikano...

The Avenida Generalisimo was renamed to eliminate memories of the former dictator General Franco. New name is Avenido Familia de Betancourt y Molina.

The British Club had to move out of their premises and now is seen as The British Games Club who meet at Alvaro's Tennis Club in that new location on your map, where they play tennis and bowls and have other social activities.

Hope that helps.