PDA

View Full Version : Unhealthy hospital farce!

Canarian Weekly
22-04-2016, 10:40
THE El Mojon Hospital farce rumbles on, it seems, because, by now, the first 49 beds for overnight stays in the South Hospital were suppose to be in use.
The last deadline, which has been moved more times than an NHS patient, was for the end of Easter. However, this month’s Official Gazette of the Canary Islands (BOC) shows that the tender for the supply and installation of the 49 beds, tables and night-stands bound for the “new” hospital has only just begun.
A cool 156,414.86 euros, without IGIC, will be spent. And the tender process will last a fortnight.
The health service will put in 98 beds, supposedly by the start of summer. The first batch of 49 will now, presumably, be in place soon.
Following an announcement of the latest delay, a press release said the first beds would be ready for use during July.
The South Hospital will have an Oncology area, which was announced by Health Minister Jesus Morera.
He said: “It is expected that cancer patients will receive chemotherapy treatments in that hospital, with the support of a ward, and we will be ready to launch this in July.”

More... (http://www.canarianweekly.com/unhealthy-hospital-farce/)

essexeddie
22-04-2016, 20:12
I just hope it doesn't get abused like our NHS or the cost will spiral. Our NHS was meant to be there to cure people, not change men into women, and women into men. The way it is now it is unsustainable, we will have to pay eventually. It was meant to be there to treat ILL people with things like TB , not boob jobs.

timmylish
23-04-2016, 00:10
I just hope it doesn't get abused like our NHS or the cost will spiral. Our NHS was meant to be there to cure people, not change men into women, and women into men. The way it is now it is unsustainable, we will have to pay eventually. It was meant to be there to treat ILL people with things like TB , not boob jobs.

I fully appreciate the concerns which you are airing regarding inappropriate usage of wards originally designated for the use of care and treatment of the many cancer patients in the South of Tenerife however, I firmly believe that the Health Service here looks at the differential between those who really do need cancer care and, nothing else like those seeking some form of sexual treatment! Having been a lengthy and prolonged user of the Health Services here I remain confident that all will be well so long as the financial obligations are maintained. We can but hope!