PDA

View Full Version : Cars & Transport poul's auto

tfs1
05-05-2016, 08:16
Has anyone good or bad experience of Pouls Autos, they are based in Callao Salvaje. I am looking at their longterm car hire options.

Thanks for any feedback

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Has anyone good or bad experience of Pouls Autos, they are based in Callao Salvaje. I am looking at their longterm car hire options.

Thanks for any feedback

Has anyone rented a car longterm ie 7-12 weeks and can recommend a company ?

lesbroz
05-05-2016, 16:56
Pouls appears to be very popular with Danish visitors. However, when I went to price up a rental for two weeks, the price was extortionate. Not sure if this would be the same for long term rental.

There is a place near the auction rooms at Las Chafiras (sorry can't remember the name) and seem to think they charged approximately 275 Euros a month for a Renault Clio or similar.

tfs1
05-05-2016, 17:54
Pouls appears to be very popular with Danish visitors. However, when I went to price up a rental for two weeks, the price was extortionate. Not sure if this would be the same for long term rental.

There is a place near the auction rooms at Las Chafiras (sorry can't remember the name) and seem to think they charged approximately 275 Euros a month for a Renault Clio or similar.

I have received a quote for over 7 weeks hire (and planning for a further 12 week hire) and the cost is significantly higher than I expected, it is just a couple or so Euros a week less than a well known and well used carhire company based at TFS.

Our expectation was for around €10 a day.

Pouls cars and/or service may well reflect the price they charge and clearly they have a market with our Danish friends.

Somebody we know is over soon so I may ask if they can help and thanks for the Chafiras comment.

glassman
06-05-2016, 12:04
I have also been thinking of long term car hire ,12weeks ,Does anyone know who offers a good car
for a reasonable rate (not an old banger) and what sort of price could I expect..... Thanks

LizzyW
31-08-2016, 09:08
good morning. Lesbroz did you by any chance find the name of the place near Las Chifras? I too am thinking about a 3 month rental. Glassman did you find a place?
Liz

glassman
31-08-2016, 09:36
Hi
No I've not been over for a while but I'm there in a month so will try to find out
At the moment I feel the best option for me is to buy a new Ford ka or another small car
Depends on exchange rate (I'm basically mean)

Ecky Thump
31-08-2016, 09:41
Hi
No I've not been over for a while but I'm there in a month so will try to find out
At the moment I feel the best option for me is to buy a new Ford ka or another small car
Depends on exchange rate (I'm basically mean)

Come to terms to the fact that you must have Scottish Blood in your veins! :D

fffluca
15-10-2016, 16:46
hi there first time in here just by chance . I have read many interesting things so I would though I'll give my contribution too
I visit Tenerife 3/4 times a year 1/2 months at the time after been robed €1200 exces from 1 of the many hire car company I have asked round and " lend "a car through a friend of a friend for round 10/15 € a day depending on time length with only €100 deposit
My " mate" is call Paolo and live in San Isidro so just 3 miles from the airport . He has a couple of Clio , nothing flashy but good and cheap to travel round the island
What's app +34635161944