PDA

View Full Version : Other Is this round trip do-able in one day?

pikano
16-05-2016, 01:33
I'm coming to Tenerife for the first time this summer, with a view to settling in Puerto de la Cruz when I retire. I will only have five days so am anxious to cram in as much as possible. I will have a hire car.

I've booked Teleférico tickets, and the access permit for Mt. Teide, but wasn't able to get a cable car ticket before the 2pm slot. So, I was thinking of this for a one-day tour:

Leave Puerto de la Cruz
Drive to Garachico and look round
Possibly go on to Masca?
Lunch at the Parador
Arrive Teleférico around 1:30
Summit of Teide - getting back and NOT missing the last cable car.
Back to Puerto de la Cruz

Is this do-able? Will it be too hectic? Any other places worth stopping on the way?

Thanks for any advice :)
Graham

bennoa1
16-05-2016, 10:04
If you leave at 7am maybe. You could spend 2 hours in Garachico easily and Masca is just a stop off unless your planning the walk to the sea.

Pooh
16-05-2016, 10:44
Not sure about the "summit to Teide" part... it requires a permit beforehand from an authority in Santa Cruz (don't remember the details, since I've never considered doing it), and the amount of time to ascend and descend will of course depend on how fit you are. It's no walk in the park - the air is pretty thin.

bennoa1
16-05-2016, 11:20
You can do the peak walk from near the top so up on the Teleferico and the walk is about an hour. You can get a permit here:
http://www.todotenerife.es/en/article/show/5044/08-permiso-de-acceso-al-pico-del-teide-1
I'd call in the morning to make sure the cable car is running as it doesn't run when its too windy.

pikano
16-05-2016, 11:52
I've already got the Teide permit, just a little worried about the fact that we can't go up until 2pm, as the Teleferico was fully booked for earlier slots. Does that leave enough time to walk up, and back, and catch the final cable car down?

Might give Masca a miss this time, if there's plenty other stuff to see on the way.

Thanks for the advice all!