PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Southampton

Paul the bricky
23-05-2016, 09:45
Hello everyone,
Just joined the forum after following and reading for 4 months some excellent and informative threads and posts.
Me and the wife are selling up in England and intend to rent a place somewhere in the south for about 6 months with the intention of buying if we can find an area and place that we feel would be great for us.

We have been out many times over the years and have friends in the south, San blas area.
We have 2 small dogs who are coming with us as well, so I guess that may well restrict us regarding renting, but it will be just a base so we're not to botherd about the area we rent in.
Anyway, this is really just a big hello and thanks for a great forum.

Regards Paul and Lynette

Moderator_
23-05-2016, 09:56
Welcome to the Forum and good luck for your impending move. Got questions, ask away, there's always be someone with an answer.

melm
23-05-2016, 10:05
:goodluck: welcome to the forum

Leam_Lin
23-05-2016, 10:31
Welcome to the forum. Have you thought about keeping your house in England for at least 6 months after you move, you've got something to move back to if for any reasons you are not happy living in Tenerife.

macdonald5
23-05-2016, 10:44
Welcome ,best wishes with future :welcome:

Paul the bricky
24-05-2016, 08:00
Welcome to the forum. Have you thought about keeping your house in England for at least 6 months after you move, you've got something to move back to if for any reasons you are not happy living in Tenerife.

Hi Leam_Lin,
Thanks for the welcome. We decided that we need a complete break from our old life, we have got to a situation where our lives are becoming too stressful with work and other factors.
In the 1990's I lived and worked in Germany for seven years so I am under no illusions about how difficult our move could be, but there seems to be a great support network with this and other forums, the weather and the more relaxed lifestyle are also a big plus point. I'm sure we will have to compromise on certain things but we're both in our late fifties, fit and ready for what may be our last great adventure.

Medman
24-05-2016, 08:59
Welcome from me too and I wish you all the best in your lifestyle change - go for it !