PDA

View Full Version : Relocation Thinking of trying before we buy and would like some advice

simplymark
05-06-2016, 09:52
Hi.

we are thinking of moving to North Tenerife in five years time but want to live there for 6 months beforehand to see if it is what we want. So here are some questions.

1. We want to bring our pets with us [2 cats 1 dog]. Is this a good idea? How easy is it to find rentals that allow pets? what is the best way of bringing them - flight or ferry?

2. Is it a good idea to bring one of our cars?

3. Our daughter is 7 and we would want her to attend one of the British schools in the North, which is best?

4. What paperwork needs to be done and how much can be done before we arrive?

5. What do we need to do about medical cover?

6. is six months long enough?

best wishes

mark

Megaloo
05-06-2016, 19:37
Welcome to the Forum I am sure someone more able than myself will be back to give you some information
But I would ask myself whether I wanted to bring pets or a 7 year old just for a trial period.

I live in the North and love it, others who live in the south will say the same about the South

pateen
30-11-2016, 15:25
Hi.

we are thinking of moving to North Tenerife in five years time but want to live there for 6 months beforehand to see if it is what we want. So here are some questions.

1. We want to bring our pets with us [2 cats 1 dog]. Is this a good idea? How easy is it to find rentals that allow pets? what is the best way of bringing them - flight or ferry?

2. Is it a good idea to bring one of our cars?

3. Our daughter is 7 and we would want her to attend one of the British schools in the North, which is best?

4. What paperwork needs to be done and how much can be done before we arrive?

5. What do we need to do about medical cover?

6. is six months long enough?

best wishes

mark

How did you get on Mark, did you make the move?

ronniecee
01-11-2017, 22:18
Hi Mark, if you are still active or still reading this site then let me know as I have just moved here myself with two dogs and three cats and am currently renting until the contract for my new house is signed. Would be glad to give you some advice as to pit falls we have gone through.

Kayjay
03-11-2017, 06:39
Hi Mark, if you are still active or still reading this site then let me know as I have just moved here myself with two dogs and three cats and am currently renting until the contract for my new house is signed. Would be glad to give you some advice as to pit falls we have gone through.

Hi, I'm new to the forum and this is my first post :hello: Sorry, a bit cheeky of me ronniecee jumping straight into someone elses thread but if you have any advice I would be so grateful.......I currently live elsewhere in the Canaries and have done so for a number of years. I'm moving over as soon as I can in the new year, along with my cats and dog. I'm going over next week for a few days then again for xmas, can hardly wait. Any advice would be very much appreciated, muchas gracias.