PDA

View Full Version : Advice wanted Leaking from underneath Candy no frost fridge freezer

Callaoanne
07-06-2016, 20:02
I have a candy no frost fridge freezer which has started leaking from below and I have to keep it on highest setting to keep it cold.Can anyone recommend a fridge freezer technician who could sort out the problem for me.I live in Callao Salvaje so anyone available in the area would be good but recommendations of a reliable qualified technician would be really welcome.Thank you for any help.

imablue
07-06-2016, 23:21
First thing to find out is the drainage pipe blocked..?
You will need to turn the appliance off to defrost and with a plastic straw and some warm water see that the drainage outlet is clear. this sometimes gets clogged up with foodstuff.this is the little hole near the bottom shelf.
Be sure there is enough of a gap behind the appliance i.e. to the wall so there is an air flow.
This may well save you the cost of calling out a fridge/freezer mechanic. good luck

junglejim
08-06-2016, 06:23
I have had similiar issues as Imablue describes , the little drain at the bottom goes into a small reservoir underneath the compressor at the back of the unit ,
What I think happens , especially at very warm times with humidity rising , having you setting up full means a lot of liquid is condensing on the back wall of fridge and filling the reservoir . This liquid would normally evaporate due to the heat from compressor but your high setting may be part of the cause , are your fridge doors sealing properly?
If you can slide your unit out , have a look underneath and see if the reservoir is full and hose is in place .

This video might help too !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaDa-CuKBaA

tfs1
10-06-2016, 16:50
I have had similiar issues as Imablue describes , the little drain at the bottom goes into a small reservoir underneath the compressor at the back of the unit ,
What I think happens , especially at very warm times with humidity rising , having you setting up full means a lot of liquid is condensing on the back wall of fridge and filling the reservoir . This liquid would normally evaporate due to the heat from compressor but your high setting may be part of the cause , are your fridge doors sealing properly?
If you can slide your unit out , have a look underneath and see if the reservoir is full and hose is in place .

This video might help too !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaDa-CuKBaA

Clearly a commonish problem - same problem with our fridge/freezer, we returned late at night after a short break in Spain to find a puddle on the floor by the fridge.

My first thought was why do these things happen when everything is closed, next was here we go off to CC Abora in the morning, more money ! but got it sorted as previously mentioned, its not happened since.

Cas
18-08-2016, 00:07
I've got the same problem of fridge/freezer leaking from underneath. Mine has leaked twice in last 5 weeks. I've looked behind it and the water catcher thing on top of the compressor is full of water. Does anyone know please if it can be taken out and poured down sink? Will try and defrosts it tomorrow.

Thanks